Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What was Dave making at Depaul and how much did Va pay him including the buyout ?
I’m pretty sure he didn’t jump for a one year deal for cheap .He was a hot prospect so he made ten years worth of DePaul salary in 5 years and then actually got his old job back for 6 more years . I wish I made a few bad moves like that.
He won the ACC in 2007 and was Coach of the year.

Leitao got on the wrong side of a big Virginia booster. I can't remember his name but I believe he was a big hedge fund manager. All it took was a single bad season to get canned.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nova officially the Jekyll/Hyde team this year. Considering what UNC is doing tonight, it's pretty baffling Nova beat them (and Memphis).

Jekyll/Hyde? Neptune is wound so tight he could turn coal into diamonds with his butt. He is just not a big time head coach, and his team knows it.

Reaction Score
Jekyll/Hyde? Neptune is wound so tight he could turn coal into diamonds with his butt. He is just not a big time head coach, and his team knows it.
Neptune ain’t Wright and therein lies the problem. HoF coach versus a one year head coach from Fordham watching Jay’s bench evaporate. Reminds me of another guy we knew who couldn’t get it done once the training by wheels fell off.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Neptune ain’t Wright and therein lies the problem. HoF coach versus a one year head coach from Fordham watching Jay’s bench evaporate. Reminds me of another guy we knew who couldn’t get it done once the training by wheels fell off.

Saying Neptune is like Ollie is the single stupidest take anyone on this board has ever had. Ever.

Reaction Score
I thought Villanova were frauds so I bet on them to lose against UNC. Then they won that game, and the next.

Then I thought they were legit.

Now they lose to St. Joe's.

What to make of these guys? Who the ____ knows.

Reaction Score
Lot of time left in the Georgetown game, but Merrimack giving them all they can handle.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
GTOWN is the only competition that Depaul has for last place...Cooley couldn't even fill his roster with D1 players in the portal ala Slick Rick...Think PC fans miss him now???

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Seton Hall and Georgetown win.

Nova loses.

54-21 (13-10).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Seton Hall and Georgetown win.

Nova loses.

54-21 (13-10).

Thank you for so generously monitoring & updating your original post. Your calm, steady, and engaged updating presents helpful info and it is a fun contrast to the snits, skirmishes, trolling, and idiocies that punctuate the rest of the thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
GTOWN is the only competition that Depaul has for last place...Cooley couldn't even fill his roster with D1 players in the portal ala Slick Rick...Think PC fans miss him now???
Not a lot of depth with only 10 scholarship players, or that five players have never played DI ball before this season. Perhaps Pitino has a larger budget for that sort of thing.

The good news that this team is making progress, something it had not done for the prior two years.

Reaction Score
Not a lot of depth with only 10 scholarship players, or that five players have never played DI ball before this season. Perhaps Pitino has a larger budget for that sort of thing.

The good news that this team is making progress, something it had not done for the prior two years.
It's just an all time crazy decision to pay that dude almost $6M. I'll never get over it. You could probably have Lloyd from Arizona as your coach right now. I'm sure all the international guys he recruits would love to have Georgetown degrees.

Reaction Score
It's just an all time crazy decision to pay that dude almost $6M. I'll never get over it. You could probably have Lloyd from Arizona as your coach right now. I'm sure all the international guys he recruits would love to have Georgetown degrees.
That was quoted by a blogger and never confirmed. We don't know the term nor the amount.

The salary won't even be public until the IRS Form 990's come out in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
That was quoted by a blogger and never confirmed. We don't know the term nor the amount.

The salary won't even be public until the IRS Form 990's come out in a couple of years.
It really doesn't matter what the exact number is (and let's be real, we both know it's going to land in the $5-6M range, because these people are usually correct, and he's obviously getting a raise from Providence). The point is for that salary range there are like 30 guys you should have been back channeling with and forcing them to decline your offer before the name Ed Cooley ever came up. But instead he seemed to be your #1 target from the beginning.

Reaction Score

Through November 30 last year they played and lost to Northwestern, Loyola Marymount, American and Texas Tech while beating Coppin State, Green Bay, Lasalle and UMBC.

This year, through November 29, they've lost to Holy Cross and Rutgers, blew out LeMoyne and won by small margins against Mt. St. Mary's, American, Jackson State and Merrimack.

The progress, if any, is getting a dynamic guard in Epps, playing one less game against a P6, beating American and playing an overall weaker schedule. Of course, as they play more together they may improve but right now they don't look to be $6M better.

Reaction Score
Full disclosure: I put a small live bet on St. Joe's +500 in the first half when they led by a few and it looked like it may come down to the wire. That was actually an optimistic take for Villanova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom