Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Saying Neptune is like Ollie
HE didn't say that; you did.

You - like myself and likely many others - made the inference, but he didn't name names.

And he responsibly claimed it as a situation that served to "remind" him of another one.

That may offend you, and you're probably not alone.

In fact, somebody else even pointed out that IF it were being sold as a straight-up comparison, one guy won a national championship, and the other hasn't yet compiled any record of successful accomplishment.

But what follows below?

...is the single stupidest take anyone on this board has ever had. Ever.
NO.

Not even with your questionable reframing as setup would the post you protested constitute the exact words quoted directly above.

I dispute your assertion.

I doubt that anybody agrees with it.

And I further disbelieve that it accurately represents what you truly believe.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? If anything, I think your statement is in the running for the stupidest statement ever on this board.

Nelson hasn’t beaten a dead horse this much since the most recent Lakers ‘ship where he posted over and over and over and over again that they would not make the playoffs. Bracing for a deep Nova run now.

Reaction Score
Nelson hasn’t beaten a dead horse this much since the most recent Lakers ‘ship where he posted over and over and over and over again that they would not make the playoffs.
I assume in his response to me he's going to reference 5 out being bad because you can't offensive rebounding from the corners and defenders are closer so can beat offensive players down court in transition. Let's hope he doesn't read to the end and posts his reply before reading this.

Reaction Score
I assume in his response to me he's going to reference 5 out being bad because you can't offensive rebounding from the corners and defenders are closer so can beat offensive players down court in transition. Let's hope he doesn't read to the end and posts his reply before reading this.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up on message board geniuses with the platonic boomer basketball take.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson hasn’t beaten a dead horse this much since the most recent Lakers ‘ship where he posted over and over and over and over again that they would not make the playoffs. Bracing for a deep Nova run now.

You got me there. I did not accurately predict a once in a century pandemic that would create the situation necessary for an old and brittle team to win one of the strangest championships in NBA history.

I assume you did predict the pandemic given your smack talk. Got a link to prove it? Or are you just another tool that spews nonsense for a few months until you have to create another profile to avoid the ridicule of your previous stupid takes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You think a bunch of mediocre shooters standing next to each other 25 feet from the basket is a good offense. I don't know what to say to that.

Reaction Score
You think a bunch of mediocre shooters standing next to each other 25 feet from the basket is a good offense. I don't know what to say to that.
Actually, given that they are all 25 feet from the basket, they cannot be very close to each other. In fact, being on the perimeter maximizes spacing for a given distance of each player to the basket. It's math.

Reaction Score
You got me there. I did not accurately predict a once in a century pandemic that would create the situation necessary for an old and brittle team to win one of the strangest championships in NBA history.

I assume you did predict the pandemic given your smack talk. Got a link to prove it? Or are you just another tool that spews nonsense for a few months until you have to create another profile to avoid the ridicule of your previous stupid takes.
Lol but you said they wouldn’t even make the playoffs, hey I hate the lakers so I was on board

Reaction Score
Saying Neptune is like Ollie is the single stupidest take anyone on this board has ever had. Ever.
What happens when an HOF leaves a bench to a successor. The mojo evaporates and the successor has to create his own or not.

Reaction Score
I don't know who Jahmyl Telfort is, but he has some pretty good touch around the rim for Butler. 15 points with 11 minutes to go against Texas Tech

Reaction Score
Lol but you said they wouldn’t even make the playoffs, hey I hate the lakers so I was on board

I think he picked them to finish last

Anyways, Tech is 49 on Ken Pom, right around Butler. I hadn’t really considered the possibility of them being actually solid.

Reaction Score
Am I watching....a really good basketball game.....involving the Butler Bulldogs???

Butler was up 10 with 12 minutes left, blew the lead to go down 6 with 5 minutes left, came back and hit a go-ahead 3 with 30 seconds left, then gave up a layup with 4 seconds left

Onto OT!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Am I watching....a really good basketball game.....involving the Butler Bulldogs???

Butler was up 10 with 12 minutes left, blew the lead to go down 6 with 5 minutes left, came back and hit a go-ahead 3 with 30 seconds left, then gave up a layup with 4 seconds left

Onto OT!

I don't know how good Butler is, but they don't suck. And with how bad a few teams on the bottom of the league are, I will take "they don't suck". The Big East needed this one, because there are a few games in the Big 12/Big East challenge (ISU/Depaul, Houston/Xavier, Seton Hall/Baylor, TCU/Georgetown) that the Big East has no chance of winning.

Reaction Score
Creighton looks like they're picking up where they left off at Colo St. -- not hitting their shots again.

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon.

Reaction Score

Onto OT!
It shouldn't be that weird, they're not exactly DePaul. They've been pretty damn good before the last few seasons.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like King on Creighton. He is one of the 5 best players on the team, and should be playing more with Kalkbrenner instead of solely backing him up.

Reaction Score
Wish Lukosius stayed at Butler. Think they could be a top 25 team with him

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wish Lukosius stayed at Butler. Think they could be a top 25 team with him

Given how bad Butler looked last year, and how much better they look this year, it is hard to argue with any of Matta's roster decisions.

Reaction Score
Leitao got on the wrong side of a big Virginia booster. I can't remember his name but I believe he was a big hedge fund manager. All it took was a single bad season to get canned.
Had to be either Shumway or Paul Tudor Jones

Reaction Score
Not nervous yet but OK State clawing back against Creighton. Still double digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom