Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Seton Hall are winners; Georgetown are losers.

25-7 (3-3).

Reaction Score
Not sure Neptune is the guy Villanova needs based on his name's derivation:

The name “Neptune” (Neptunus in Latin) was derived from an Indo-European root, although which one has been a subject of dispute. There are two candidates with strong cases. One was the word neptu-, meaning “moist or wet.” Were this Neptune’s root, the literal translation of the name would mean something like “the moist one.”

Reaction Score
Cooley has a lot of work to do. Down 18 in the second half to Rutgers. Looks like the B10 is going to take this game

I got a huge kick out of how much Raftery loves Gavin Griffiths. Justifiably so, that kid is gooood. Him and Spencer (and Mulcahey) would have been a nice backcourt. As would, Nowell/Ball/Griffiths…

Reaction Score
Not going to lie, I'm heavily rooting for North Texas today in their tilt against St. John's. I just really like the program since McCasland took over the team and they've had a smooth transition between him (now at Texas Tech) and AHC Ross Hodge now as the head coach.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Does Cooley not care? Sure looked like he just stood on the sidelines, arms crossed, with a goofy smile the whole game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does Cooley not care? Sure looked like he just stood on the sidelines, arms crossed, with a goofy smile the whole game.
Thinking, "We suck, is this really worth six mill?"

1700151840046.jpeg

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Not sure Neptune is the guy Villanova needs based on his name's derivation:

The name “Neptune” (Neptunus in Latin) was derived from an Indo-European root, although which one has been a subject of dispute. There are two candidates with strong cases. One was the word neptu-, meaning “moist or wet.” Were this Neptune’s root, the literal translation of the name would mean something like “the moist one.”
Are we sure that's not the meaning of Sean Miller's name?
1000002176.jpg

Reaction Score
As should be expected, the guy turned out to be a major phony. Can't wait to see Providence torch them and for the fans to let him have it.

Somehow, for the extra money he's getting, he will leave with anonymous people calling him names on line and a full house at the Dunk cursing his existence for two hours. He gets the last laugh.

Reaction Score
Somehow, for the extra money he's getting, he will leave with anonymous people calling him names on line and a full house at the Dunk cursing his existence for two hours. He gets the last laugh.
I don't know the guy, maybe money is all that matters to him and it will be worth it. Maybe he'll regret being hated in his hometown and he'll recognize it doesn't get better for him than what he had.

Reaction Score
I don't know the guy, maybe money is all that matters to him and it will be worth it. Maybe he'll regret being hated in his hometown and he'll recognize it doesn't get better for him than what he had.
There is a huge middle ground between "money is all that matters" and "for $6M extra I can live with people I don't know saying bad things about me." Like, money isn't everything but for a real boatload of money I can deal with things that aren't pleasant.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
St. John’s just scrapes by.

26-7 (3-3).

Reaction Score
Would he even notice that difference? He's already banked millions and is living in luxury at either place. It's not stunning he left Providence, he probably realized he had hit his ceiling there.
But to leave and choose to stay in the conference knowing you have to go back to Providence every year is crazy to me. He riled that whole fanbase up and then left them in a tizzy - knowing he would have to return every year. I'm still amazed by the whole thing.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Would he even notice that difference? He's already banked millions and is living in luxury at either place. It's not stunning he left Providence, he probably realized he had hit his ceiling there.
But to leave and choose to stay in the conference knowing you have to go back to Providence every year is crazy to me. He riled that whole fanbase up and then left them in a tizzy - knowing he would have to return every year. I'm still amazed by the whole thing.
Fooled around and found out; that’s supposedly why he moved. Not all that amazing, more tawdry.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I was crushed when he left Fairfield, speaking about “home” and “running home to Providence” like Fairfield meant nothing to him. Some things don’t change.

Reaction Score
Alleyne 12 minutes 3 points. You think he envisioned being buried on Ricky’s bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom