Reaction Score
Compared to Xavier:
BYU - Q4 loss
Dayton - 3 Q4 losses
VaTech - 1 Q1 win, losing record vs Q2
Virginia - 4 Q3 losses, Q4 loss
Florida - 2-9 vs Q1, Q4 loss
Texas A&M - 3-8 vs Q1

While Xavier didn't help themselves, the committee still has to weigh all of the above. IMHO, any early tourney exits hurt these teams more than Xavier.
But none of these teams have made an early exit have they ? The point is they each have the opportunity to win a couple games. X was one of the last four in so If any of these teams win 2 or 3 tourney games I think they bump Xavier out.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
But none of these teams have made an early exit have they ? The point is they each have the opportunity to win a couple games. X was one of the last four in so If any of these teams win 2 or 3 tourney games I think they bump Xavier out.
And that's fine. You'd rather have teams play themselves in, not out. My reply was to those saying Xavier was out, period, full stop, even before these other teams played.

Reaction Score
i dont think theyre even "next 4 out" after this. steele gotta go.
Xavier still "last 4 in" for Lunardi & Bracket Matrix. They do have 5 Q1 wins & 40 in NET ranking so still have a shot depending what those considered behind them do...SMU, Ind, Dayton, VCU, VA etc.

Will only take 1 or 2 of those behind them to notch a good win to knock them out so my guess is X finds themselves in NIT come Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Compared to Xavier:
BYU - Q4 loss
Dayton - 3 Q4 losses
VaTech - 1 Q1 win, losing record vs Q2
Virginia - 4 Q3 losses, Q4 loss
Florida - 2-9 vs Q1, Q4 loss
Texas A&M - 3-8 vs Q1

While Xavier didn't help themselves, the committee still has to weigh all of the above. IMHO, any early tourney exits hurt these teams more than Xavier.
I am a big Dayton fan since my daughter graduated from there last Spring and have been following them all year. They are very very young and their 3 really bad losses (UMass-Lowell, Lipscomb, Austin Peay) came during the first four games at the beginning of the season when they were just learning how to play together. Since then they have pretty much plowed through the A10 and have gotten some good wins including wins over Kansas, Miami, VA Tech and a good Belmont team.

I get that we are all into computer rankings these days but I really wish those putting teams in the tourney actually watch games especially how teams are playing now vs November/December. You can point to the computer all day but the way Xavier is playing now should matter more than what net rankings say.

That being said, you are 100% right and I agree that Dayton and the teams you list have to earn there way in by not getting ousted in the opening round.

ETA: How about Dayton making the last four in and getting to play an opening round at UD Arena??

Reaction Score
Xavier still "last 4 in" for Lunardi & Bracket Matrix. They do have 5 Q1 wins & 40 in NET ranking so still have a shot depending what those considered behind them do...SMU, Ind, Dayton, VCU, VA etc.

Will only take 1 or 2 of those behind them to notch a good win to knock them out so my guess is X finds themselves in NIT come Sunday.
Bracket Matrix also hasn't updated since the loss

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn needs to do what Gtown did vs A Richmond - attach his right hand
Wasn't impressed with Hall last night but UConn cant let Cale and Rhoden start hitting 3's
Dont think Hall has enough inside size to keep UConn off the boards
Could be a big night for T Martin

Reaction Score
Thursday, March 10

1 Providence vs 9 Butler, 12pm, FS1- Tim Brando, Jim Jackson, Christina Pink
Line: Providence -7.5/128.5

4 Creighton vs 5 Marquette, 2:30pm, FS1- Tim Brando, Jim Jackson, Christina Pink
Line: Marquette -3/142.5

2 Villanova vs 7 St. John's, 7pm, FS1- Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery, Christina Pink
Line: Villanova -6/149.5

3 Connecticut vs 6 Seton Hall, 9:30pm, FS1- Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery, Christina Pink
Line: Connecticut -4/131.5

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn needs to do what Gtown did vs A Richmond - attach his right hand
Wasn't impressed with Hall last night but UConn cant let Cale and Rhoden start hitting 3's
Dont think Hall has enough inside size to keep UConn off the boards
Could be a big night for T Martin
attack his right hand -- damn spell check

Reaction Score
Love how the games set up today. Nice appetizer with what should be an easy PC win and a good Midwestern matchup.

Then the main event with 4 classic BE teams.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I would love to see Nova lose but for the purposes of the tournament, I think chalk prevailing today will make tomorrow and Saturday insane.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
@August_West what is the Arby's Mojo Meal of the Day?
Oh no. Not today. I did my arbys this week. Twice. I left western Michigan at 230 this morning to board a plane in Grand Rapids at 435 am , got home an hour ago and leaving for city at 1 pm and then we have a date with Empire steakhouse for some A5 . I’ve earned it :) and the mojo requires it.

I admire the rooftop TikTok pregame party, it’s an epic gesture.it sounded real tempting. But a nice relaxed pampered steakhouse meal I think will serve me better personally and the mojo gods bigly.

As far as arbys mojo? Anything and everything!

Reaction Score
I am a big Dayton fan since my daughter graduated from there last Spring and have been following them all year. They are very very young and their 3 really bad losses (UMass-Lowell, Lipscomb, Austin Peay) came during the first four games at the beginning of the season when they were just learning how to play together. Since then they have pretty much plowed through the A10 and have gotten some good wins including wins over Kansas, Miami, VA Tech and a good Belmont team.

I get that we are all into computer rankings these days but I really wish those putting teams in the tourney actually watch games especially how teams are playing now vs November/December. You can point to the computer all day but the way Xavier is playing now should matter more than what net rankings say.

That being said, you are 100% right and I agree that Dayton and the teams you list have to earn there way in by not getting ousted in the opening round.

ETA: How about Dayton making the last four in and getting to play an opening round at UD Arena??
Don’t forget they had a bad loss vs La Salle who is a horse chit team

Reaction Score
The level of play in this Butler/Providence game is not super impressive. Insane amount of foul calls as well. Half Butler's team has 2+ fouls in the first half, and Bynum has 3 for Providence.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
About to start
The level of play in this Butler/Providence game is not super impressive. Insane amount of foul calls as well. Half Butler's team has 2+ fouls in the first half, and Bynum has 3 for Providence.
Very poorly played so far. PC should be call the flops, not the Friars, as they do it better than Duke. At the moment Butler is shooting like a fifth grade CYO squad.

Still, it's great being back at the Garden!

Reaction Score
PC and Butler tied up at the half. Not sure if this looks better for Xavier or worse for Providence.

Reaction Score
The guy that tossed Hurley for pumping up the crowd is reffing the game I think.

Reaction Score
Providence playing down to the competition again I see. They’re the least impressive 24-4 team I think I’ve ever seen.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bracket Matrix also hasn't updated since the loss
Yesterday Xavier was in the field on 114 brackets, today only 102, so they lost more than 10% of their support overnight. I believe Wake lost more support than that.

Reaction Score
Yesterday Xavier was in the field on 114 brackets, today only 102, so they lost more than 10% of their support overnight. I believe Wake lost more support than that.
Wake went from 135 yesterday morning to 86 today

Reaction Score
I love weird and absurd stuff, but I lol'd when that Taylor Swift song died within two seconds. I just don't get why that's a thing.

That pass from Lukosuis to Golden!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom