Big East championship week ….. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big East championship week …..

Reaction Score
Donny Marshall tries way too hard to be objective. He said Marquette was the team to beat in the BET. Like come on

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Steele is one of those situations where they can wait for the coach to run the program into the ground, which Steele will, or they can make a move now. Xavier is not a terrible team, but Steele is not a winner and therefore Xavier will not be a winner under Steele.

I posted that a year ago.

There is no excuse for Xavier not making the Tournament with a team this talented. Xavier should make a move.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget GTown won it all last year. It’s a whole new season in the BET. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more upsets.

Reaction Score
I'm color blind. Is his suit green? Or are the pinstripes messing with me?

Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever seen a coach go from "should be safe for at least 3-4 years" to "could plausibly get fired" this quickly outside of legal problems or NCAA violations.

8 weeks ago they were in the top 25 and easily brushing off the "choker" label that was put on them last year. Now it's 2 years in a row, with the loss ostensibly* because the star player didn't understand the coach's instructions to foul (or not) at the end.

*yes, in theory, Butler could have scored a 2 or a 3, or gotten fouled otherwise, on their last possession in regulation, but that play really sums up the end of the season for Xavier

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Travis Steele sucks, his team's

Had to foul? Typo?
If he doesn’t foul, the kid he fouls has 4 seconds and is wide open at the 3 point line down two. That kid doesn’t miss those. Xavier blew it in so many ways.

Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever seen a coach go from "should be safe for at least 3-4 years" to "could plausibly get fired" this quickly outside of legal problems or NCAA violations.

8 weeks ago they were in the top 25 and easily brushing off the "choker" label that was put on them last year. Now it's 2 years in a row, with the loss ostensibly* because the star player didn't understand the coach's instructions to foul (or not) at the end.

*yes, in theory, Butler could have scored a 2 or a 3, or gotten fouled otherwise, on their last possession in regulation, but that play really sums up the end of the season for Xavier
As a 5th year senior you have to now the situation. Fouling up 2 with less than 20 seconds is idiotic. He panicked

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Depaul vs. St. Johns could be a 20 point win by either team and I would not be surprised. Both teams play a little out of control on offense at times and neither is a great shooting team. This will be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
If he doesn’t foul, the kid he fouls has 4 seconds and is wide open at the 3 point line down two. That kid doesn’t miss those. Xavier blew it in so many ways.
You never ever foul at half court with 4 seconds left when you're up 2. That's like the biggest brain fart you can possibly have in a basketball game at any level.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Disappointing the league is likely to only get six teams in now. Xavier doesn't choke tonight and St. John's doesn't choke at DePaul and against Pitt, and we would get 8 in.

Reaction Score
Donny Marshall tries way too hard to be objective. He said Marquette was the team to beat in the BET. Like come on
I just think it's a commentator trying to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, which always drives me nuts. Why would you declare a team that's lost 4 of 6 the team to beat? In comparison to UConn winning 5 of 6, Providence taking the regular season title, and Villanova being Villanova? Makes total sense...

Reaction Score
Supposedly they no longer put any emphasis on late season performance. We'll see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom