Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
Some of the Big East fans don’t seem to understand that we currently have BE away games in Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio. We’ll be trading those games for games in Iowa, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Ohio. But yes, I’ll miss the annual hockey game in Omaha.

Reaction Score
Some of the Big East fans don’t seem to understand that we currently have BE away games in Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio. We’ll be trading those games for games in Iowa, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Ohio. But yes, I’ll miss the annual hockey game in Omaha.
Pretty sure everyone knows the travel and knows there will be way more travel in the Big 12.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This will be about money. How much and how soon. If we don't start close to a full payout and reach full payout within 3 years then the answer should be, "no."

Reaction Score
This will be about money. How much and how soon. If we don't start close to a full payout and reach full payout within 3 years then the answer should be, "no."
Beggars can't be choosers. You have to expect something similar to what the 4 new additions got. 19 million a year increasing annually as they get closer to the end of the contract which is 2031. That's not a long time. No way you say no to such an arrangement.

I'll believe this move happens when it is announced.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Beggars can't be choosers. You have to expect something similar to what the 4 new additions got. 19 million a year increasing annually as they get closer to the end of the contract which is 2031. That's not a long time. No way you say no to such an arrangement.

I won't even believe it then.

I remember the local news announcing we were ACC bound as a done deal the night before we had the rug pulled out from under us.

Reaction Score
I won't even believe it then.

I remember the local news announcing we were ACC bound as a done deal the night before we had the rug pulled out from under us.
I don't remember that but i am sure it happened. I hate the ACC. I almost threw up the bowl game in Charlotte when Wake fans began their ,"ACC, ACC" chant.

Reaction Score
So why should UConn do better than the vast majority of schools moving between P5 conferences?

DGB

Reaction Score
So why should UConn do better than the vast majority of schools moving between P5 conferences?
Because UConn was better than all of those schools before those schools went P5...

Seriously, UConn was better than every school in basketball at the time each school was given their golden ticket, and would be by faaaaar the best basketball program to move up now.

UConn was better than or equal to a lot of those schools in football at the time they moved too.

The ACC and B1G just made dumb choices...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Well, if you believe what Yormark has said, Connecticut will be treated as if it were a member of the P5 by the conferences media partners in the us is entitled to a full share.

He probably feels like splurging after picking up for schools from the day-old bread rack at a discount.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Which schools with those be again?

Reaction Score
I think those hoping we stay in the BIG EAST need to take emotion out of it (myself included). It just doesn't make sense for a long term survival standpoint (and I hate that because I love the BIG EAST) to turn down a P5 invite.

The BIG EAST (sadly) can't offer what a P5 can from a financial standpoint, and the way conference realignment is going, I'm not sure the BIG EAST will be around in its current form in 5 years (if this happens and we stayed put, who knows what happens next).

Is the Big 12 a hand-in-glove fit like the ACC or B10 would be? Hardly. Hell, I'm sure the athletic department would love to stay put, but they have to ensure the long-term viability of the brand - and all it stands for (champions, integrity, leadership, winning) - at all costs.

Reaction Score
I think those hoping we stay in the BIG EAST need to take emotion out of it (myself included). It just doesn't make sense for a long term survival standpoint (and I hate that because I love the BIG EAST) to turn down a P5 invite.

The BIG EAST (sadly) can't offer what a P5 can from a financial standpoint, and the way conference realignment is going, I'm not sure the BIG EAST will be around in its current form in 5 years (if this happens and we stayed put, who knows what happens next).

Is the Big 12 a hand-in-glove fit like the ACC or B10 would be? Hardly. Hell, I'm sure the athletic department would love to stay put, but they have to ensure the long-term viability of the brand - and all it stands for (champions, integrity, leadership, winning) - at all costs.
I prefer the B12 to the ACC. The ACC seems like a drag the last few years.

Reaction Score
Well, if you believe what Yormark has said, Connecticut will be treated as if it were a member of the P5 by the conferences media partners in the us is entitled to a full share.

He probably feels like splurging after picking up for schools from the day-old bread rack at a discount.
I do. But i don't think UConn will get a full share while the recent additions get less. The money will get worked out if an invite comes.

Reaction Score
The Big East isn't going anywhere; besides, a number of confernces would not be a fit. Wha confernece is calling Marquette or Seton Hall?

Georgetown doesn't fit any conference model (30 sports, a third of its budget on men's basketball, vastly underspending in football)

Reaction Score

If the last couple of years have shown us anything is that the big east is big enough to survive whatever happens next in the world of college athletics. The league is in a better place now than it was in 2013.

Reaction Score
I’ve got a nugget of information from speaking to my boss’ boss’ boss’ boss this past weekend, who is a major UNC booster and was giddy to tell me what he knew. Because I love you, boneyard, I’ll let you know what he told me.

UNC will be playing in the SEC within 5 years, along with 1-3 other ACC schools. The plan is to announce this next expansion next summer when Texas and OU join in full, although that timeline can change that is what parties are working towards. BIG 10’s national footprint is not attractive for their AD.

Take with as many grains of salt as you wish, but the validity of the source, both in terms of just how high profile a booster he is at the school and the business reasons why he is privvy to decision making, is rock solid.

Anyway, back to work.

Reaction Score
I don't think travel/geography is that big of a deal but comparing the furthest travel in the big east with the closest travel in the B12 is disingenuous.

Reaction Score
I’ve got a nugget of information from speaking to my boss’ boss’ boss’ boss this past weekend, who is a major UNC booster and was giddy to tell me what he knew. Because I love you, boneyard, I’ll let you know what he told me.

UNC will be playing in the SEC within 5 years, along with 1-3 other ACC schools. The plan is to announce this next expansion next summer when Texas and OU join in full, although that timeline can change that is what parties are working towards. BIG 10’s national footprint is not attractive for their AD.

Take with as many grains of salt as you wish, but the validity of the source, both in terms of just how high profile a booster he is at the school and the business reasons why he is privvy to decision making, is rock solid.

Anyway, back to work.
Is he going to pay the mountain of legal fees it will take to get out?

Reaction Score
The Big East isn't going anywhere; besides, a number of confernces would not be a fit. Wha confernece is calling Marquette or Seton Hall?

Georgetown doesn't fit any conference model (30 sports, a third of its budget on men's basketball, vastly underspending in football)
Look, I 'm not a clairvoyant, so can't predict what will happen in the future (or I'd share some stock tips here so the Yard could benefit), but I would not be surprised to see the BIG EAST become a 20 team Conference again, adding some of the A10 schools (Dayton, VCU, St. Louis, St. Joe's, etc.) and other mid-majors to strengthen their solvency.

That would still be a basketball-first conference with tons of potential, but is that a conference we'd be happy UConn was in? I guess you could argue the schools named above are better than UCF!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Now do the equivalent of Providence, Philly, NYC, NJ, DC. Ill hang up and listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom