Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
If i could quietly put football in the b12 and keep basketball and all other sports in the big east I'd do it. That option doesn't exist.

Reaction Score
This take is more delusional than Big12 fans who say we'll take UConn BB, but not FB.
Don't think it's delusional. The Big East is better for basketball.

Perhaps you missed the last sentence: "That option doesn't exist"

...which is obvious since much of UConn's brand is built on basketball. B12 would never want UConn FB without the other sports

Reaction Score
Don't think it's delusional. The Big East is better for basketball. Perhaps you missed the last sentence: "That option doesn't exist"
I saw it. Doesn't mean its not a delusional take. "Our outstanding BB we want to keep right here. BUT Give us a home for our decade plus struggling FB program and oh yeah, where is our 20 million a year?"

Reaction Score

If Colorado is the only Pac-12 member coming in, don’t be surprised if Yormark goes all-in on UConn. All the political capital he’s gaining in the eyes of his league presidents, chancellors and ADs from pulling off this Colorado move? Conference sources believe that’s where he wants to spend it.

But Yormark sees an entry point into New York City. He sees a dominant basketball conference and big-time events at Madison Square Garden. He sees a future in which the Big 12 makes more money down the road by decoupling its media rights package and selling its basketball rights separately. Conference sources say he sees a sort of buy-low opportunity here, a bet that the Big 12 investing in UConn over the rest of the decade will drive up the conference’s value. For him, there’s no hesitation. There’s real conviction.

Reaction Score
This take is more delusional than Big12 fans who say we'll take UConn BB, but not FB.
I'm glad that you can't read. It would also depend on the amount of $$$$ involved. I think regional leagues are probably healthier for the fanbase and the rest but the money obviates all those possibilities.

But as I said, it is not a possibility. The B12 would be insane to offer that possibility. The delusional take is you took it seriously. I can't believe you did that.

Reaction Score
I'm glad that you can't read. It would also depend on the amount of $$$$ involved. I think regional leagues are probably healthier for the fanbase and the rest but the money obviates all those possibilities.

But as I said, it is not a possibility. The B12 would be insane to offer that possibility. The delusional take is you took it seriously. I can't believe you did that.
I didn't take it serious in the same way i don't take Big12 fans serious when they say they want out BB to cement their status as the premier BB league but not our FB.

Reaction Score
How is it better for basketball?
Prefacing this by saying I am in full support of UConn to the Big 12. But since you asked...

1) Regional rivals. We have 40 years of history with 5 members of the BE. What is our history with the B12? WVU and Cincy, and thats about it.
2) Conference Tournament. MSG, the worlds most famous arena, I don't need to explain how this is a better situation than KC/Dallas would be.
3) It's good to be king. UConn is the big dog in the BE. That is the national perception, even though we have not dominated our conference foes on the court. That is a luxury we will not have in the B12 with Kansas, Baylor and others. We will still be good no doubt, but just another team.

All of these challenges can be faced and overcome, and I think Coach Hurley and AD David Benedict are the right people to lead UConn through them. But in strict Basketball terms, we have a sweet setup in the Big East that any new conference would struggle to top

Reaction Score
I didn't take it serious in the same way i don't take Big12 fans serious when they say they want out BB to cement their status as the premier BB league but not our FB.
Which is why I said "quietly". Without anybody noticing or caring. I know it's impossible. I have no delusions.

Reaction Score
Prefacing this by saying I am in full support of UConn to the Big 12. But since you asked...

1) Regional rivals. We have 40 years of history with 5 members of the BE. What is our history with the B12? WVU and Cincy, and thats about it.
2) Conference Tournament. MSG, the worlds most famous arena, I don't need to explain how this is a better situation than KC/Dallas would be.
3) It's good to be king. UConn is the big dog in the BE. That is the national perception, even though we have not dominated our conference foes on the court. That is a luxury we will not have in the B12 with Kansas, Baylor and others. We will still be good no doubt, but just another team.

All of these challenges can be faced and overcome, and I think Coach Hurley and AD David Benedict are the right people to lead UConn through them. But in strict Basketball terms, we have a sweet setup in the Big East that any new conference would struggle to top
From the fan interest point of view, local is better. Local is always better. Familiar, close, and interesting will win out. B12 offers interesting but it doesn't offer familiar or close. From the money and TV perspective though that isn't how it plays.

Reaction Score
From the fan interest point of view, local is better. Local is always better. Familiar, close, and interesting will win out. B12 offers interesting but it doesn't offer familiar or close. From the money and TV perspective though that isn't how it plays.
Yeah I have no doubts that the B12 move has to happen if given the opportunity. There is a long list of schools who made this same decision before us. Having grown up in the "New" Old Big East era (late 2000s-10s) I still shed a tear remembering what was, but also realize it ain't coming back

Reaction Score
Maybe Connecticut has changed since I last lived there 3 decades ago, but do you all really run into Villanova, St Johns, Seton Hall and Providence grads regularly?

I don't remember this phenomenon at all.

I do think UConn has great rivalries with Villanova and St. John's, but this has everything to do with basketball and the coaches and players, and almost nothing to do with local people. St. John's has obviously fallen way off.

The loss of a rivalry with Villanova will be huge. If it comes to pass.

Reaction Score
why dont people like change? still holding on to things of the past wont get you anywhere. if big 12 calls we answer

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't think it's delusional. The Big East is better for basketball.
Better than the conference that has the two national champions prior to us?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
why dont people like change? still holding on to things of the past wont get you anywhere. if big 12 calls we answer

This can be true while still believing that the Big East is a better spot for basketball currently.

Reaction Score
Oregon is joining the BigXII.
IMG_4879.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe Connecticut has changed since I last lived there 3 decades ago, but do you all really run into Villanova, St Johns, Seton Hall and Providence grads regularly?

I don't remember this phenomenon at all.

I do think UConn has great rivalries with Villanova and St. John's, but this has everything to do with basketball and the coaches and players, and almost nothing to do with local people. St. John's has obviously fallen way off.

The loss of a rivalry with Villanova will be huge. If it comes to pass.
I live 20 minutes from PC, in Mass, and I almost never run in to PC grads. Bryant, yes, several. UConn, yes. Syracuse, yes. BC, yes. Villanova, rarely. St. Johns or Seton Hall, never.

Reaction Score
Is this a serious question?
Yes. How is being in some conference full of tiny Catholic schools no one gives a s*it about toiling away for peanuts better than joining a power conference that is the best basketball conference in the country and pays its schools north of $30 million a year? At the very least, if you care about basketball, wouldn't you want to be in the best conference for said sport?

Reaction Score
Oregon was never in the Big12 (8). How are they going to "return"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom