Big 12 Meetings | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Given there situation exspansion is extremely viable
What does Texas have to lose by giving the other schools some additional money to ease their conscious .
A UConn addition whether it's partial or not helps our Survival
Right now it's about survival
Whaler says that is like pissing in your own well. When its time to renew your tv deal, the tv community will remember the raw deal. I don't know if that would stop me, but it might. Four teams: BYU/UConn/Cincy and pickem: USF/UCF
Thats fuzzy logic ,conferences that don't exist need not worry about future business partners . Texas and Ok and others will be in other conferences .
ESPN/Fox didn't worry about the Big 12 future . What is possibly owed to people who killed you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler says that is like pissing in your own well. When its time to renew your tv deal, the tv community will remember the raw deal. I don't know if that would stop me, but it might. Four teams: BYU/UConn/Cincy and pickem: USF/UCF

Prior to the ACCN annoucement I felt a lot more strongly about that.

I don't know what they can leverage with that - but I'd certainly be a lot more willing to do it now. I still wouldn't go to 14, but I'd consider 12.

Reaction Score
I think that the Big 12 has to expand....they know that, I think.

They can probably keep current members whole by ramping down the distributions to new members...which still would make membership a deal compared to the G5.

They will squabble about the divisions but get the job done..I also am guessing.

Reaction Score
George Schroeder@GeorgeSchroeder just now
After meeting today, Big 12 presidents likely to announce tabling of expansion consideration, at least for the near-term (several years).
Why the hell would your meeting go over 2 hours late and still behind closed doors if it was going to be tabled?? Something must be happening for better or worse for UCONN Nation

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
UT will not give up their Big12 monopoly on a TV network, until they have gotten every concession possible and will not relent until they have to. With ACC network, they have to allow the league to get a network.

The only way that a Big12 network makes sense will be with expanding the coverage area - Iowa, Kansas & Oklahoma & West Virginia will not be enough. Expansion to population centers is an imperative FL & NE are best options.

If ACC teams & ND are out of reach - UConn is best option for Big10 & ACC to solidify the best market for their TV partners.

Something needs to give.......eventually. Another fight of stairs, keep marching upwards.

Reaction Score
Big 12 Conference@Big12Conference 1 min ago
LISTEN LIVE: #Big12 Board of Directors teleconference set to begin at approx 4:30 CT
1267527853_old_guy_going_crazy.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why the hell would your meeting go over 2 hours late and still behind closed doors if it was going to be tabled?? Something must be happening for better or worse for UCONN Nation
My prediction: Baylor out, BYU, UConn and Cinci in.

Hey I can't let the moonshiners have all the fun....

Reaction Score
Have they not been actively evaluating candidates? What was that firm doing?
He said "evaluate the interest of other schools". Isn't that already clear? They are plenty interested.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
davidubben: Boren: The Big 12 board of directors advised Bob Bowlsby to move forward and explore interest of institutions who want to join the league

Reaction Score
Let me make a suggestion to B12 Board Members. Don't devalue the candidates you might need to promote later by suggesting that only teams like FSU have value.

Reaction Score
Have they not been actively evaluating candidates? What was that firm doing?

The firms did their job. Texas had reasons to try to dismiss the reports and had convinced the other schools that they knew best for the league. The others aren't so sure now they weren't being sold down the Rio Grande.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom