Best Uniform Changes of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Plus I also had a block C tailgate flag made up… right as they changed it… :'(

Reaction Score
We do need alternate helmets/unis... Something like these maybe? View attachment 4794
If ANYONE from the Coaching staff or athletic department monitors the boneyard (as they certainly did during FHCRE's tenure), it would be smart to consider some of these design ideas & forward them to Nike. I especially like the Husky inside of the outline of the State. These are innovative ideas.

Reaction Score
Here you go. I'm with you; I'd be fine to go with the "Husky Helmet", and get rid of that friggin' "Call of the Wild" nonsense:

newhusky.png

I like the Dan's Husky Helmet from the front. Add a thin red border to the strips though. I like the back of the Husky helmet except I'd prefer keeping the UCONN as is. I don't like the Husky logo on the sides. Would prefer nothing on the sides. Keep it simple to me would be coolest look.

Otherwise, I also like Dan's Husky Helmet front and back (without the UCONN) if used with Bugsy's idea of having UCONN on the side with the partial logo. That looks cool as well.

My third choice would be the block C on the sides, but change the colors. Where there is white change to blue, where there is blue change to red and leave outside border gray.

Whatever they do, the hideous helmet has to go. We need a fresh clean look to go with our new team spirit moving forward. Just the thought of going another season with these helmets taps into my energy reserves. I actually like the uniform a lot and wouldn't change them at all.

I have no way to draw these up myself but would like to see them if Dan had the time to make the modifications to his Husky Helmet.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The whole point of the redesign was to make a consistent logo and wordmark across all sports teams. While this doesn't rule out a tweak to the helmet design, this does rule out a bunch of things that people have been moaning for on this thread namely 1) Block C 2) grey/silver (really??? that's what you want???) 3) letting players vote on the logo or coaches choose their own designs.

stop-trying-to-2xlset.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The whole point of the redesign was to make a consistent logo and wordmark across all sports teams. While this doesn't rule out a tweak to the helmet design, this does rule out a bunch of things that people have been moaning for on this thread namely 1) Block C 2) grey/silver (really??? that's what you want???) 3) letting players vote on the logo or coaches choose their own designs.

stop-trying-to-2xlset.jpg

This post is so "fetch"!

By the way, admitting that you know what this reference means is admitting that you saw the movie...

Reaction Score
This post is so "fetch"!

By the way, admitting that you know what this reference means is admitting that you saw the movie...
I'm kind of psychic. I have a fifth sense. It's like I have ESPN or something.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I really liked they eyes (and only the eyes) appearing at the end of the Rise Up Diaco video.

Take Dan97's white helmet, scale the eyes off the center stripes (which is similar to the nose outline in the husky head logo), keep UConn on the back of the helmet and keep the remainder of the helmet empty.

If someone has artistic skills I would like to see a rendering of this.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If ANYONE from the Coaching staff or athletic department monitors the boneyard (as they certainly did during FHCRE's tenure), it would be smart to consider some of these design ideas & forward them to Nike. I especially like the Husky inside of the outline of the State. These are innovative ideas.
Took that idea from UNC, and the new Old Dominion helmets/field. Love the idea that the logo is a part fo the state which UConn represents.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Anyone seen the new Kent State helmets... I think its a yellow alternate with the "Flashes" eyes in the front (a la our new helmets with the Husky eyes). My point is, I guess our helmets could be a lot worse.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is what i think of when I hear UCONN helmet

Attachments

• beer helmet.jpg
    beer helmet.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3,830

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@BugsyCT Can you email both of these tothe UConn Athletic Department? The ones with the side view are awesome.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've gotta be honest, fellas; having the sides of a helmet left blank looks bad. Really bad. I know I've said that before, but I think it needs to be said again. Nothing made that more apparent then when I checked in on the Senior Bowl, and saw Stephen there next to the other helmets. Our helmet looked ridiculous, almost like it was a practice helmet.

There's gotta be something on the sides. I don't care if it's a letter, a word, the dog, or some other symbol, but there has to be something...

Reaction Score
What if you simply took this, made it wider, and lowered it so that the corner of the cheeks reach those nubs on the side of the helmet which should allow the eyes to sit on either side of the center "UCONN" portion?

Keep the top half of the logo present stretching towards the top/rear of the helmet. Only the bottom half of the logo below the eyes and widest corners of the cheeks would be cut off into negative space. Forehead and ears stay like current helmet.

I tried it & get what you're saying - but to do it would mean stretching the logo so large that just even the top half would wrap around the entire front & front sides of the helmet, and would be large to the point where the eyes get lost and just look like part of a giant Rorschach inkblot.

Gotta agree with UConnDan here - the helmets need something on the side. Simple & conventional. The mockups I made are no works of art but I'd take any of them over what we have now.

Reaction Score
I've gotta be honest, fellas; having the sides of a helmet left blank looks bad. Really bad. I know I've said that before, but I think it needs to be said again. Nothing made that more apparent then when I checked in on the Senior Bowl, and saw Stephen there next to the other helmets. Our helmet looked ridiculous, almost like it was a practice helmet.

There's gotta be something on the sides. I don't care if it's a letter, a word, the dog, or some other symbol, but there has to be something...

I'll say it once and I will say it again. They look like practice helmets. Way too much white space.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@UConn Insider Any idea if there will be a helmet change at all?

I, like many others, thought it might be cool and gave it a chance, but man it really is just awful.

We all know that the block C isn't coming back ever, but any chance we get something respectable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom