OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 295 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This should just be a “best pizza in your hometown” thread.

I grew up on Bobby’s in North Branford, or Giovanni’s in Northford. I’ll take those two over the big guys from New Haven any day.
Bobby’s is great. Can’t believe portnoy hasn’t hit that yet. Love Bobby’s, don’t like Giovanni’s 1/2 as much it’s ok though.

August_West

Reaction Score
Sally's has really gone downhill since the hospitality group bought it.
Wooster st was still great this week.

D462E128-8E5D-43BB-8EA8-9F01A99655F0.jpeg
281CD67E-70D8-4BE0-B68F-5D57402F3882.jpeg

Reaction Score
Bobby’s is great. Can’t believe portnoy hasn’t hit that yet. Love Bobby’s, don’t like Giovanni’s 1/2 as much it’s ok though.
I drove way out there earlier this year based on BY recommendation. Wasn’t worth the drive imo

August_West

Reaction Score
I drove way out there earlier this year based on BY recommendation. Wasn’t worth the drive imo
That’s too bad. I dont live close any longer but brought a couple home when I was in area a few months ago and enjoyed it

Reaction Score
There's a thread on the wcbb board discussing the USA womens olympic team tune-up trip currently going on in Italy. The subject of pizza came up in one of the young lady's home blogs. It made me start craving some of my favorite slices, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite places and pizzas in no particular order. I'd enjoy hearing and learning about suggestions from others.

1) Portsmouth Gas Light Co., Portsmouth, NH: The Mayor Foley is thin crust and done in a brick oven. They use an extra sweet tomato sauce and top it with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, caramelized onions and mozzarella cheese. It's the spinach and onions that make it!
http://www.portsmouthgaslight.com/pizza_landing.cfm

2) Too Boots, several locations in Manhattan including one downstairs in the Grand Central food court and a new location in Bridgeport, CT: The Bayou Beast is thin crust and topped with shrimp, crawfish, andouille sausage, jalapenos and mozzarella. They make a bunch of really unique and delicious pizzas, but this one is da bomb!
http://www.twoboots.com/

3) Pizza Factory, Greenwich, CT: Chicken Burrito Pizza comes thin or deep dish. I like thin and they top it with chicken, yellow cheddar cheese, black beans, sliced onions and jalapenos. The yellow cheddar is different and makes it great!
http://www.campusfood.com/restaurant.asp?campusid=390&mlid=25426

4) Sally's Apizza, New Haven, CT: Everybody knows Sally's and their Famous Fresh Tomato Pie is an absolute classic and delicious!
http://sallysapizza.com/default.aspx
the two boots on greenwich ave, nyc is zazzy’s now & most excellent

Reaction Score
Sally's has really gone downhill since the hospitality group bought it.
Agreed. The Fairfield outpost was not only not up to all time great standards, it wasn't even up to local neighborhood joint standards. In my one time experience.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
ST Ann's Fest Norwalk thru 7/23. Saueeand grated cheese or powdered sugar. Better than St Leo's Stamford #FfldCnyFan

52440.jpeg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
ST Ann's Fest Norwalk thru 7/23. Saueeand grated cheese or powdered sugar. Better than St Leo's Stamford #FfldCnyFan

View attachment 89920
St Ann's is great, had a few relatives from my father's generation who were long time members.

You really can't compare a fund raiser/traveling carnival with some parishioners running food stands with a social club's annual outdoor event.

Reaction Score
all the pizza has always sucked around there, including Willington. Thats part of the charm. Gumby's if they were still open would win this today, and Gumby's prize was not actually poisoning you (most of the time)
Agreed- Gumby’s came out of the gate for the wheat crust, swift delivery and coupons on the box. Otherwise, it was a subpar pizza in a world of terrible pizza.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Okay. This place Bobby's is on my way home. Need it Friday. That Montana Pizza sounds gooood.

It's been mentioned earlier in this thread.

Reaction Score
Went back to CT recently and had Roseland, Pepe's, and Sally's. (Pepe's and Sally's in New Haven of course). Even got Pepe's at the spot, which is normally a sin but has been my go to recently. Pepe's is so far above the other two. My father dies on the hill of Roseland is the best pizza in the area but their crust is just a bit too thick for my liking. Pepe's trumps all

Reaction Score
Went back to CT recently and had Roseland, Pepe's, and Sally's. (Pepe's and Sally's in New Haven of course). Even got Pepe's at the spot, which is normally a sin but has been my go to recently. Pepe's is so far above the other two. My father dies on the hill of Roseland is the best pizza in the area but their crust is just a bit too thick for my liking. Pepe's trumps all
spot = pepe’s with bad seating. & pepe’s is the best.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Finally tried Bobby's Pizza in North Branford @Viet Vet . Passed it maybe 1000 times. Busy place at 530 on a Friday.

Medium mozz, shrooms and pepperoni on half.

I said Sturge sent me and they added $6 to the bill.

I liked it, Mrs Dove did not.

Nice char on edges. Not exactly thin crust and heavy slices. Undercarriage was pale yellow.

I'll get a small specialty pie next time.
20230728_173624~2.jpg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
A new place is opening on Main St in Cromwell across from the Citgo called Nostalgia. Half of the place is a bar, the other half making food. We got a large pizza while the owners were testing the ovens. I thought it was a really good thin crust pizza. It will be our new go to once it's open in about 2 weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom