OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 297 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
My nephew ordered from Little Rendezvous a week after Portnoy visited. Put the order in at 4:00 and they said it won't be ready until 8:00. I guess I'll wait a few months before going.
Honestly, it's not even that good. So many better options within 20 miles of there.

Reaction Score
Stopped at Fuoco after taking my daughter and her friend to Lake Compounce today. The girls wanted half onion/half mushroom, and I was relieved to see they weren’t heavy handed with the toppings. It was a solid pie, but it had major flop for a pie that wasn’t boxed. Wasn’t as tight in the middle. A bit soupy. Edges were nice. Cheese was flavorful. Sauce had zero flavor. A pinch of salt would have gone a long way to season that sauce.

56863D4F-4A79-4504-B56A-9BA97D6C290C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Stopped at Fuoco after taking my daughter and her friend to Lake Compounce today. The girls wanted half onion/half mushroom, and I was relieved to see they weren’t heavy handed with the toppings. It was a solid pie, but it had major flop for a pie that wasn’t boxed. Wasn’t as tight in the middle. A bit soupy. Edges were nice. Cheese was flavorful. Sauce had zero flavor. A pinch of salt would have gone a long way to season that sauce.

View attachment 90276
Weird, that wasn't my experience at all. Zero flop.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Was just about to say this. I had just a cheese and it was very nicely charred and crisp throughout. I am wondering if the mushrooms and onions releasing some of their liquid had anything to do with it.

Reaction Score
Was just about to say this. I had just a cheese and it was very nicely charred and crisp throughout. I am wondering if the mushrooms and onions releasing some of their liquid had anything to do with it.
Don’t think that was the case. Mushrooms appeared to be pre-sautéed, which I always appreciate. Couple at the next table was ambitious with a loaded veg and another pie with multiple toppings. I watched them pick up slices. Their pies appeared to have zero flop. Undercarriage on ours was nicely spotted. I didn’t ask for a medium or light bake. I’d definitely give it another try, but the pie was similar to my Sally’s Stamford experiences. Good, not great.

A5AE829F-3475-4C44-BEB5-215F9D7FDE0A.jpeg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Emmy Squared out of Brooklyn is soft opening this weekend in Westport, Bedford Square (the old YMCA at the intersection of Post Road East, Main Street & Church Lane). Its supposed to be famous for Detroit style and their burger, but at a $30 price point I'm a healthy sceptic, although I'm sure the scenesters in Whiteport will be all in

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
looks like CT is well represented.

What's he going to do, order a bunch of pizzas and reheat 'em?

Surprised old man Santillo and Dom DiFara agreed to be part of this.

Reaction Score

i don’t get how the fancy ovens get to coney island.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Dom can't be bothered to protest involvements like this these days.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dom can't be bothered to protest involvements like this these days.

I do recall that now that you mention it.

Wouldn't surprise me if in his will he requested to be made into sausage so he'd still be involved in making pies.

Reaction Score
I do recall that now that you mention it.

Wouldn't surprise me if in his will he requested to be made into sausage so he'd still be involved in making pies.

I was reading an article about the best new pizza places in LA recently and there is a place purporting to sell "Pittsburgh-style pizza." How would you describe it?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was reading an article about the best new pizza places in LA recently and there is a place purporting to sell "Pittsburgh-style pizza." How would you describe it?
Ick. The typical Pittsburgh pizza is a provoline/mozz blend atop a sweet sauce and a usually undercooked medium thick crust, no char. Cheese is the thing here, sauce is second, and few places make a decent crust. It's not good.

I'm wondering if they mean "Ohio Valley Style" which is that ludicrous Grandma-style pie which is baked with just sauce and maybe some parm/romano mixed in, then cold toppings are added, supposedly to melt into the pizza. IMO, it's an abomination, but it's got a number of places offering the thing out in the Pittsburgh/Youngstown/Stubenville triangle.

Or maybe they put french fries on top.

Reaction Score
Ick. The typical Pittsburgh pizza is a provoline/mozz blend atop a sweet sauce and a usually undercooked medium thick crust, no char. Cheese is the thing here, sauce is second, and few places make a decent crust. It's not good.

I'm wondering if they mean "Ohio Valley Style" which is that ludicrous Grandma-style pie which is baked with just sauce and maybe some parm/romano mixed in, then cold toppings are added, supposedly to melt into the pizza. IMO, it's an abomination, but it's got a number of places offering the thing out in the Pittsburgh/Youngstown/Stubenville triangle.

Or maybe they put french fries on top.

Yeah I don't know what this place is going for then because it seems like none of those things.

Edit: Upon further inspection, maybe it's the mozzarella/provolone blend.

Reaction Score
My relatives in NC just argued over whether Publix or Pizza Hut has the best pizza in town. They consider Little Ceasar's edible. I nearly vomitted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah I don't know what this place is going for then because it seems like none of those things.

Edit: Upon further inspection, maybe it's the mozzarella/provolone blend.
Looking at the photos (and the cheese seems yellow?) those look nothing like anything served around here that's not a brick oven. Mozz/provolone blend is all over the Rust Belt/Midwest, not just Pittsburgh. The chef isn't even from here. No idea why they'd market their pizzas like that.

I know it's LA, but $19 for a meatball sub? Sheesh.

Reaction Score

Same, went there for the first time a few weeks ago and it was really good. Just surprised that they picked that location with Rossini's being so close by.

Reaction Score
Same, went there for the first time a few weeks ago and it was really good. Just surprised that they picked that location with Rossini's being so close by.
Rossini’s is terrific. I always order extra sauce. Their sauce might be the best I’ve had. It would be interesting for folks to comment on best toppings, best crust, best sauce, etc. Imagine if you can mix and match the best of all of those?

Reaction Score

View attachment 90276
I think they make a good pie, but the hype is very much overrated. I'm not even sure they're the best pie in Cheshire, never mind in the State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom