OT: - Best live music performances | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Best live music performances

Reaction Score

This is a one-off live performance, however, it’s probably the single greatest Grammy performance ever. And, no lip syncing.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm sure all are great performances. I know (having seen him twice) that Elton John puts on a great show.

While I couldn't pick out a single performance, I want to give credit to Neil Diamond. I saw a lot of his concerts and the difference between listening to a recording and hearing him live was simply unbelievable. Of the few other groups I have seen (Billy Joel, Boston, James Taylor, Barry Manilow, the late Kenny Rogers, Judy Collins) none had as wide a distance between their live and recordings as I noticed with Neil.

Reaction Score
Another live Floyd, this one from 1988 at the Nassau Coliseum.
For years and years this was only on the original VHS and I nearly wore it out. Was very happy when it was remastered and re-released on DVD. (Pretty sure it was also on Laser Disc, but I don't have one of those)
'Run Like Hell' from the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour

Reaction Score
I miss Maurice, too. He had impacts way beyond EWF. This is a wonderful performance -- I hate it when bands just try to recreate studio performances rather than put some thought in how to create something novel for the public.

Thanks for putting back-to-back performances of great bassists. Bootsy, of course, would (or should) be on anyone's list of the best ever. Verdine White has never called attention to himself, but he could thump, slap, and groove with the best of them.
Best live performance I ever attended.
EW&F at MSG

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
To start the week ….Shavua Tov to all
1666904346151.png

Reaction Score
The Jacksons featuring Michael Jackson. I apologize for the promotional intro which is sort of long.

Reactions: KCD

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
RIP Jerry Lee Lewis (raise your hand if you thought he'd live to be 87). This one is definitely Jerry being Jerry:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom