OT: - Best live music performances | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best live music performances

Reaction Score
Roy Buchanan - a live NY performance of "Can I Change My Mind" - delifghful jangling guitar and beautiful organ interweave throughout:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well there is always this classic. The best of Terry Kath.

25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago (at Tanglewood)

Saw them at Jorgensen, I think it was part of this tour. They only had one album released, a double album, and played EVERY song on both albums, including the long Terry Kath guitar solo. I think they did five encores, then said, sorry, we don't haave any more songs.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Back in the fifties and sixties, Harry Belafonte was a very popular live performer. His 1959 album, Live at Carnegie Hall, was a best seller. Here is a classic performance of Day-O from 1960.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A great song, a great video from "maybe" the greatest live performing band of all time. Earth, Wind and Fire.

I miss Maurice White so much.

I miss Maurice, too. He had impacts way beyond EWF. This is a wonderful performance -- I hate it when bands just try to recreate studio performances rather than put some thought in how to create something novel for the public.

Thanks for putting back-to-back performances of great bassists. Bootsy, of course, would (or should) be on anyone's list of the best ever. Verdine White has never called attention to himself, but he could thump, slap, and groove with the best of them.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This one starts off slowly, but once the full ensemble of vocalists begins joining, it's amazing:

Reaction Score

Last blue-eyed soul from me, very, very underrated live band, Rare Earth, covering the Temptations hit. Saw Rare Earth open for Sly and The Family Stone 2 or 3 years in a row at MSG I believe on Thanksgiving nights 50 or so years ago, that’s if my memory serves me well.

Reaction Score
In no particular order some of the best of the 200 concerts that I have seen
Maria Schneider Newport premiering "The Thompson Fields"
Weather Report 1981 Boston Opera House
Joni Mitchell 1979 Tanglewood MA
John Mclaughlin's last tour of the US at the Wilbur, Boston about 4 years ago.
Pat Metheny, Christian McBride, Antonio Sanchez at the HOP at Dartmouth (2004 I think)

Best most recent concert "ONA" Thana Alexa

Reaction Score
I stumbled onto this one by accident quite a while ago and thought it had exactly what a great live performance needs, musicians having fun being the most important. Yeah, there are some rough edges, it takes a little over a minute for them to get organized, but I don't see that as a negative. Has pretty decent sound, and Jennifer Nettles brings, well, Jennifer Nettles....
Keith Urban and Sugarland - Seven Bridges Road

Reaction Score
My most-played cut from the 'All The Roadrunning' concert DVD with Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris.
Speedway at Nazareth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom