OT: - Best College Movie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best College Movie

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just saw "Animal House - The Making of" and one of comments labeled Animal House the best college movie ever. I have to agree. What say you?

1,000,000 likes if I could!

Thanks so much for posting. I don't remember seeing this retrospective in the past, though I had seen and read about some of the bits in other places. Great stuff. An immortal flick!!

Knowledge is Good!!

Reaction Score
"Trouble Along the Way" is a pretty good flick and the first place I heard the line "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." Movie was made circa 1950, so long before Lombardi uttered it.

Reaction Score
I think this is the movie where Woody Woodbury has the following, immortal conversation (paraphrased).

Kid: Woody, you look beat.
Woody mumbles.
Another kid: You want a drink, Woody?
Woody (brightening): Good idea. Got any gin?
Kid: Sure!
Woody: Got any vermouth?
Kid (dejected): No.
Woody: Good! Make me a martini.

Reaction Score
My parents saw "Animal House" right before I went off to college. Since I was going to WVU that had a "party school" reputation I think seeing the movie probably gave them some heartburn. When they were moving me into my dorm (next to a girls' dorm) and the frat house next door had a bed sheet hanging out the window with "Don't worry mom, we'll take good care of her" and cherries painted on it I think their worst fears were confirmed...

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Just saw "Animal House - The Making of" and one of comments labeled Animal House the best college movie ever. I have to agree. What say you?

"Animal House" is No. 36 on The American film Institute's (AFI) list of the 100 greatest comedies of all time but I don't believe any of the films preceding it have a college theme so there's some validation for your opinion, Reg.
I'll leave it to an enterprising tech savant to post the list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom