So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Where's everyone drinking for the noon game that is not going? Anyone near the Chicago Sams in Enfield that is a BYer I will buy your first cocktail if you tell me you will be there. Or your favorite "beer" LOL

Same offer at Bobby V's in Stamford, assuming i can get the shackles off for 2 hours...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So I hit NEBCO for the first time yesterday. Luckily, I made the cut line for the FBD. I have to give them a ton of credit, they really seems to be trying to be as customer-friendly as possible. The line and ordering system is efficient, the "rules" are visible and readily understood for the newbie. Generous with the tastings. Even the music fit the vibe. But there isn't much they can do about the bottleneck, everyone ordering the max of the same selection. An hour and a half for a gallon of beer is on the long side for me. I'm going to drink it slow. Finally, I don't know if you can call $12 for 64 oz. of beer cheap; but that is cheaper than every other beer I've seen at a small brewer. And none of the others have the demand that FBD has.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So I hit NEBCO for the first time yesterday. Luckily, I made the cut line for the FBD. I have to give them a ton of credit, they really seems to be trying to be as customer-friendly as possible. The line and ordering system is efficient, the "rules" are visible and readily understood for the newbie. Generous with the tastings. Even the music fit the vibe. But there isn't much they can do about the bottleneck, everyone ordering the max of the same selection. An hour and a half for a gallon of beer is on the long side for me. I'm going to drink it slow. Finally, I don't know if you can call $12 for 64 oz. of beer cheap; but that is cheaper than every other beer I've seen at a small brewer. And none of the others have the demand that FBD has.

The only problem about drinking it slow is that once you open a growler, the beer goes flat very quickly. It's ideal to drink the whole growler in one sitting, but if you don't then you should finish it within a day or two at the most or the taste is going to deteriorate quickly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only problem about drinking it slow is that once you open a growler, the beer goes flat very quickly. It's ideal to drink the whole growler in one sitting, but if you don't then you should finish it within a day or two at the most or the taste is going to deteriorate quickly.

Oh, it will be gone in a day. No worries.

Reaction Score

Can people actually open a growler and leave some in one sitting? Just curious.

Reaction Score

That's why I go with the 32 oz. squeelers. I've got 4 that I rotate.

Reaction Score
FYI....

Firefly Hollow is canning Coneflakes IPA now.
Selling 4 packs starting at noon tomorrow at the tap room.

Reaction Score
Alex, you need to stop by Treehouse Brewing Company in Monson, MA on one of your trips to or from Worcester. My friend goes there once a week and says the stuff is awesome.

I know, I know. I've got a coworker who drove up to Treehouse in Sept. Waited in line an hour and texted me that he had a present for me. An hour or so later we were drinking Julius on my patio. Best beer I've ever had.

When Sophia decided on Clark U., I had visions of all these trips to Worcester and Wormtown Brewing and Armsby Abbey. We did hit Armsby during parents weekend. Cool vibe...Knocked down a few amazing Hill Farmstead IPA's.
But that's the only time I was in Worcester all semester. My wife picked her up last week and when Sophia did come home, she's been taking the bus into Hartford.

Reaction Score
I know, I know. I've got a coworker who drove up to Treehouse in Sept. Waited in line an hour and texted me that he had a present for me. An hour or so later we were drinking Julius on my patio. Best beer I've ever had.

When Sophia decided on Clark U., I had visions of all these trips to Worcester and Wormtown Brewing and Armsby Abbey. We did hit Armsby during parents weekend. Cool vibe...Knocked down a few amazing Hill Farmstead IPA's.
But that's the only time I was in Worcester all semester. My wife picked her up last week and when Sophia did come home, she's been taking the bus into Hartford.
Are you telling me your teenage daughter doesn't want you to visit her at college? No way! :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
New NEBCO cans. I had heard about the G-bot a few months ago but was kind of hoping they would replace it in their canning line with something else. It was great in its time, but I think literally every other IPA/IIPA they make is better now, not to mention G-bot being far surpassed by the likes of SoS and Captain's Daughter imo.

Don't really see the need for a can of Imperial Stout, but I'm sure the timing is not coincidental given the new Star Wars release. Pretty funny.

750x422

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-gandhi-bot-new-england-brewing-1217-20151216-story.html

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
@8893 I think it was you that talked up Kent Falls Brewing in here. Got my hands on one of their beers for the first time, the CoffeeMaker IPA. Gonna give that one a go tomorrow afternoon as a pregame for the UConn game, can't wait to try it!

Reaction Score
Noontime line at Firefly today....people walking out with cases of Coneflakes IIPA
12391034_10208414815637670_1020224559109637144_n.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@8893 I think it was you that talked up Kent Falls Brewing in here. Got my hands on one of their beers for the first time, the CoffeeMaker IPA. Gonna give that one a go tomorrow afternoon as a pregame for the UConn game, can't wait to try it!
That one is interesting. Not bad but more of a novelty imo and not a favorite style. I love coffee and I love IPAs, but don't love the combination. I like coffee much better in stouts and porters.

I do love all the other Kent Falls IPAs and Pale Ales though. I think "Shruggie" is their most recent great one, and Sweatpants is good.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That one is interesting. Not bad but more of a novelty imo and not a favorite style. I love coffee and I love IPAs, but don't love the combination. I like coffee much better in stouts and porters.

I do love all the other Kent Falls IPAs and Pale Ales though. I think "Shruggie" is their most recent great one, and Sweatpants is good.

Unfortunately, this was the only IPA I could get. My there options by them were a saison and a gose, neither of which are my favorite.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

It is not just the beer going flat that wrecks it. Oxygen is the enemy of fresh beer and attacks it's composition very quickly. The good breweries displace the air in their bottles and cans with CO2 before filling. Once you crack the seal the deterioration begins.

Treehouse charges a premium for 750ml fills and I,m not sure why. But it works out to be about $4/12 oz. where growlers and cans are about $4/16oz. The 750’s are an ideal recyclable container that isn't such a commitment when cracked, so the pricing scheme is disappointing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was actually surprised by a Chrismas present this morning. My sweetie gave me a 4-pack of Sip O'Sunshine! And it was cold! How the hell did you come up with that, I asked. It turns out she just happen to be at the register when one employee was buying a pack from another. And she spoke right up and asked where she could get one. He said, "Oh, we keep it in the fridge behind the counter." Timing is everything.

Reaction Score

Get this. https://www.facebook.com/mancan.beer Perfect for substituting growler fills. Keeps for a week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom