Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
West Virginia: Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company "Mothman Black IPA"
Indiana: Peoples Brewing Company "Smooth Criminal"

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
One of the local breweries needs to make a BoneYard edition brew

The new Storrs downtown needs a brew pub. Anyone in a position to ask Sean Lawson if he would consider relocating?

I got some Le Peoloton last night. It's a specialty brew from Treehouse made with citra, mosaic and amarillo hops. The amarillo hops are very wispy and distinct and make me have very strong feelings about the beer. I'm just not sure what the strong feelings are yet. I might have to drink more of it to find out.

Reaction Score
One of the local breweries needs to make a BoneYard edition brew
Would get sued for violating copyright laws.

boneyard-logo.png

http://boneyardbeer.com/beers/

Anyone near Bend, OR want to bring some of this back east?

Reaction Score
I'm in Freeport today and will be hitting Maine Beer and Bissel Brothers this afternoon. Pretty much because of this thread. Should I bother with Allegash?
Allagash is one of the coolest breweries i've been to. I'm not sure if you are into sour beers but they make some of the best most complex bottles i've ever tasted. The Farm to Face (although impossible to find period) is incredible - I believe they aged it with a 1,000 pounds of peaches or something ridiculous like that). Their Barrel aging room is massive and totally worth the trip and if you're lucky they will open a few bottles during the tour. PLUS - Bissel Brothers and Foundation are in that same complex who both make incredible incredible IPA's (if your at foundation I recommend the epiphany and substance or baby genius at bissell). Totally worth the trip - make sure to bring cans back home with you!

Edit - almost forgot about Austin Street.

Reaction Score
Would get sued for violating copyright laws.

boneyard-logo.png

http://boneyardbeer.com/beers/

Anyone near Bend, OR want to bring some of this back east?

Their RPM IPA was just voted best beer in Oregon. It's fabulous. Not sold in bottles or cans...draft only.

My modus operandi is to do a RPM, follow it up with a Hop Venom (double IPA) then finish it off with a Notorious (triple IPA). Heaven.
1114151946.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Friends brought over homemade Glogg for Xmas party, as well as just brewed Christmas beer. Reminds me I need to brew some stuff I can't screw up (i.e. add syrup and spices to ale and we're good).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
BTW, for any other cider fans out there, Citizen Cider from Burlington, VT is now available in CT. Their regular cider (Unified Press) and ginger cider (Dirty Mayor) are two of my favorite ciders ever, and they have a ton of others, including ones that they dry hop.

Haven't seen them yet.

Picked up a bottle of Doc's Draft Original Hard Apple Cider today. Also a bottle of Cider Creek Hard Cider. Both with NY apples and champagne yeast. Now chilling. Will tap one tonight for the return of Gronk.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dove said:
Haven't seen them yet. Picked up a bottle of Doc's Draft Original Hard Apple Cider today. Also a bottle of Cider Creek Hard Cider. Both with NY apples and champagne yeast. Now chilling. Will tap one tonight for the return of Gronk.

Gronk is back from vacation? I guess it's s little warmer in Houston then Denver.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Haven't seen them yet.
Go to Spirits (next to S&S). They have them and have just added Citizen's Full Nelson, which is dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin hops. I'm drinking my second as I type. Ridiculously good, especially for hop heads looking to try ciders.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gronk is back from vacation? I guess it's s little warmer in Houston then Denver.
That was about as unfunny as watching a video of Jerry Garcia singing polkas.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Next to Bissell Brothers is Foundation- try Epiphany if they have it. Austin Street brewing is also right around back and also has some good brews.

That's a lot of good beer in one modest building. Bissell was long sold out of cans by the time we got there. I tried the Swish IPA, very good. Went next store and had the Epiphany and liked that. Went around back to Austin Street and had the Milk Stout for a change of pace. I can take or leave stouts, but I thought this one was delicious. We went back to Foundation and picked up a couple of howlers to go. Unfortunately, Maine has a backward law that states that fills can only go into the bottles of that particular brewer. I brought my CT growlers in vain.

On the drive home we stopped at Armsby Abbey. That's a cool place. I give them credit for not having TV's. I drank a Hill Farmstead Susan whick was great and Kent Falls something or other that was just OK.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As opposed to Washington, where I have this glorious site inside the quiki-mart at the corner gas station...48 taps for growler refills!

That's pretty awesome. Will they refill a Big Gulp cup?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Killing time in Ivoryton at the Blue Hound Taproom drinking a Stubborn Beauty Secret Agext X9 Belgian Strong Ale. Amazing.

Up next...Outer Light Lonesome Boatman.

Reaction Score
Going over a buddy's house on Saturday to watch them homebrew a clone of Focal Banger (we're gonna call it Heady Banger). This is my first time home brewing, but not theirs so it should be interesting.

Will let you know how it comes out.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Killing time in Ivoryton at the Blue Hound Taproom drinking a Stubborn Beauty Secret Agext X9 Belgian Strong Ale. Amazing.

Up next...Outer Light Lonesome Boatman.
The Blue Hound got a liquor license? Awesome.

Reaction Score
Where's everyone drinking for the noon game that is not going? Anyone near the Chicago Sams in Enfield that is a BYer I will buy your first cocktail if you tell me you will be there. Or your favorite "beer" LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom