Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
My cousin's beer fridge this weekend was a treasure trove:

xVbEmAr.jpg

Highly recommend the New Park Headband.

Reaction Score
Interesting development: 3 Daughters Light IPA out of St. Pete, Florida. 111 calories and 7 carbs. Frankly, it is bitter and light on the tongue. However, if you are sitting out in the sun and want a real beer instead of watery, American, mass produced junk, this hits the spot. Hopefully, more breweries follow suit and figure out how to “thicken” it a little bit.

Cigar City Jai Alai is also an excellent FL IPA...kinda/sorta NE IPA-ish before NE IPA became a "thing"

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Cigar City Jai Alai is also an excellent FL IPA...kinda/sorta NE IPA-ish before NE IPA became a "thing"

Really good summer beer if you're looking for an IPA. After my opening day experience, though, I think my tolerance has gone down since I've started dieting, so I may have to stick to sessions this summer.

Reaction Score
Really good summer beer if you're looking for an IPA. After my opening day experience, though, I think my tolerance has gone down since I've started dieting, so I may have to stick to sessions this summer.

Some don't want to hear it...but, lotsa times...the sessions actually taste better...

Reaction Score
For those who enjoy sours...

Anderson Valley (CA) has started selling in CT for the first time in 13 years. Their Blood Orange and Briny Melon sours are really good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not very long ago I was happy when I visited the packy and saw Sip for sale. I went today and Sip was on sale. The cycle of beer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not very long ago I was happy when I visited the packy and saw Sip for sale. I went today and Sip was on sale. The cycle of beer.
Like I said, Sam Adams coming out with a NEIPA was a sure sign that the style had jumped the shark.

Reaction Score

Seriously. And, it used to be that, if the store did get any, you had to know when it was coming in, and what the secret password was to get any.
Now, Lawson's has Super Session #8, that's cheaper, and actually tastes better than SOS... lucked out at the package store tonight and found some.

Reaction Score
Its still stout season for me. Drinking a NEBCO Coffee Breath as I boneyard and watch the Yankees. The stout, the boneyard, and the Yankees are all phenomenal.

Reaction Score
I ended up having 3 Guinnesses last night. Still don't think anybody anywhere has made a better beer.

Fair enough. My first stout, like many others. My palate has changed and now I like a lot of flavor in my stouts. I have yet to have it in Ireland. I hear its a different experience than what we get here.

Reaction Score
All you need in your life are some BL's. You guys are all crazy. You can't drink SOS all day.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have yet to have it in Ireland. I hear its a different experience than what we get here.
It is.

But I still love it here, too. And the widget for the can is pure genius.

Yet another Diageo brand that is exceedingly good at what it does.

Reaction Score

Amen. I’ve been singing the praises of Jai Alai here for years—-I’m in Florida. It is as good a beer as there is anywhere.

Reaction Score
Went looking for lower calorie, good beers trying to see what I could find beyond the obvious. Going in I expected Sam Adams Light to be the best (I’ve never tried it). It gets good reviews but every time I think of buying it, it is out of stock.

I was surprised to find 3 Daughters Light IPA in the grocery store as I mentioned above. It’s ok, a little bitter and thin/light on the tongue for my tastes but with only 111 calories, it is something unique. Big flavor for only 15 calories more than a Miller Light.

When I got home I hit the web and found a couple of surprising lower calorie beers. Long Trail Ale, a good, pretty strong, darker brew had only 138 calories and Founders All Day IPA (awesome)has only 147. Not bad!

Reaction Score
Amen. I’ve been singing the praises of Jai Alai here for years—-I’m in Florida. It is as good a beer as there is anywhere.

Yep, love that stuff. A friend drove up from St. Pete a couple years ago and brought me a case of it. Then, just a couple months ago on a biz trip, was stunned to see they had it on tap at the Carolina Ale House in Greenville, SC. Keep coming northward CC!

Reaction Score
Went looking for lower calorie, good beers trying to see what I could find beyond the obvious. Going in I expected Sam Adams Light to be the best (I’ve never tried it). It gets good reviews but every time I think of buying it, it is out of stock.

I was surprised to find 3 Daughters Light IPA in the grocery store as I mentioned above. It’s ok, a little bitter and thin/light on the tongue for my tastes but with only 111 calories, it is something unique. Big flavor for only 15 calories more than a Miller Light.

When I got home I hit the web and found a couple of surprising lower calorie beers. Long Trail Ale, a good, pretty strong, darker brew had only 138 calories and Founders All Day IPA (awesome)has only 147. Not bad!

Am not searching out lo-cal (even tho I probably should), but great to hear the All Day IPA - which I find really good - is only 147.

Reaction Score
Am not searching out lo-cal (even tho I probably should), but great to hear the All Day IPA - which I find really good - is only 147.

I just felt that if I was going to drink several, I should probably know what’s in it. It’s nice to know that some all time favorites are lighter than I thought.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It still tastes great. A worthy constant in the fridge, Waq!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yep, love that stuff. A friend drove up from St. Pete a couple years ago and brought me a case of it. Then, just a couple months ago on a biz trip, was stunned to see they had it on tap at the Carolina Ale House in Greenville, SC. Keep coming northward CC!

Jai Alai is distributed in NY. I like to cross the border when I'm visiting my in-laws in Danbury and pick some up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom