BE Bubble Update (3/15/24) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BE Bubble Update (3/15/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO:
St John's is in because they are hot and they have Pitino, Plus TV will want NYC's team.
Seton Hall in for now but need to worry about bid thieves.
Providence is out. Shame for them their great player tore his ACL. The committee takes that into account.
Nova stinks, get a real coach.

Reaction Score
St John's should absolutely be in. Recency bias maybe on my part. Seton Hall with the 66 net woof. They seem like a tournament team but how many teams have gotten in with a 60+ net? I know net is not the only consideration but I'd guess they're in trouble. Providence? I have no idea. I can't imagine they are in but I would guess it depends on bid stealers and other bubble teams getting housed today and tomorrow.

Reaction Score
St John's should absolutely be in. Recency bias maybe on my part. Seton Hall with the 66 net woof. They seem like a tournament team but how many teams have gotten in with a 60+ net? I know net is not the only consideration but I'd guess they're in trouble. Providence? I have no idea. I can't imagine they are in but I would guess it depends on bid stealers and other bubble teams getting housed today and tomorrow.
Occasionally teams get in with NETs in that range, but it'll more likely be Virginia than Seton Hall I think but they both might miss. But I think Seton Hall is in real trouble, despite what BracketMatrix has at the moment. Of brackets that updated today, more have them out than in.

Reaction Score
So can someone please tell me where does the Big East stand right now in regards to bids? are we at solid 5? 6? 4?

Reaction Score
So can someone please tell me where does the Big East stand right now in regards to bids? are we at solid 5? 6? 4?
Definite at 3, 4 is decent chance, 5 is probably unlikely, 6 is remote possibility.

Reaction Score
S. Fla loss helps both St. John's & Seton Hall...opened up a spot

Other bubble teams to root against tonight....Oregon, NC St, New Mexico

Reaction Score
Creighton’s 2 losses to the MWC early in the season had a huge, long term result on the entire conference’s metrics. But that’s because the MWC teams won the games. Not gaming the system.
Interesting you say that. The MWC intrigues me because the quality of their play is high, their games late at night here on the east coast cap off the day of entertaining basketball, and that they have 2 teams that beat Creighton handily in Colorado St. and UNLV. With Creighton being a top 15-20 team and finishing 2nd in the Big East, that only scores a ton of metric points for the MWC. Colorado St. and UNLV were middle of the pack MWC teams.

In fact it's UConn and Colorado St. that are tied for holding the 80 pt scoring Blue Jays to only 48 in a game. UConn had Creighton's offense in a vice grip in that game in Gampel.

Reaction Score

Does it? I think it only helps if Florida Atlantic wins the AAC tournament. If UAB wins the AACT, that could be a bubble burst for Seton Hall.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
the announcer most synonymous with the big east is in minnesota calling the big 10 tournament?

how far has that league truly fallen?

Reaction Score
Does it? I think it only helps if Florida Atlantic wins the AAC tournament. If UAB wins the AACT, that could be a bubble burst for Seton Hall.
true....was assuming Fla Atlantic win now that S Fla out. Final bubble in spot won't be set until AAC tourney over tomorrow

Reaction Score

Except Temple beat FAU and took that spot away again.

Reaction Score
Assuming NC State holds on (up 9 with two minutes left), if Oregon beats Colorado, St. John's might be in trouble (hope not). I think Seton Hall has already been squeezed out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Assuming NC State holds on (up 9 with two minutes left), if Oregon beats Colorado, St. John's might be in trouble (hope not). I think Seton Hall has already been squeezed out.
And if Temple wins tomorrow?

Reaction Score
the announcer most synonymous with the big east is in minnesota calling the big 10 tournament?

how far has that league truly fallen?
If Cincinnati had a realistic chance of being in the tournament or if they were just somewhat good really, your trolling would have some substance. As it is, however, this just comes across as desperate. Congrats on getting the right to be constantly mediocre for the rest of your days.

Reaction Score
Looks like BE gets 3 and only 3 in. Kinda bogus, 6 are good enough to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom