BE Bubble Update (3/15/24) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

BE Bubble Update (3/15/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The net rewards mediocre wins. Beat creighton and bradey on road. Quad 1. Need 7-8 quads. Big east victim of 2 title contenders and 2 duds. Math screwed everyone else
The committee technically has 6 quads on their sheets, as Quads 1 and 2 are split into Q1A, Q1B, Q2A, Q2B.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but the Big East only got 3 teams in the dance because only 3 teams from the Big East were good enough to make the dance.

On the bright side, those three teams are all highly seeded and each should earn multiple tournament credits for the league.
Bullspit. You honestly think StJ or 'Hall aren't better than any of the at-large teams who made the committe's cut?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Bullspit. You honestly think StJ or 'Hall aren't better than any at-large teams?
What I think is irrelevant.

The Big East teams that were left out had too many warts on the season resume.

Those that did well enough in the non-conference schedule faltered too much in conference, and vice versa. That plus the dominance of the top 3 sealed the conference fate.

It's unfortunate but the writing was on the wall for awhile.

Reaction Score
What I think is irrelevant.

The Big East teams that were left out had too many warts on the season resume.

Those that did well enough in the non-conference schedule faltered too much in conference, and vice versa. That plus the dominance of the top 3 sealed the conference fate.

It's unfortunate but the writing was on the wall for awhile.
You're not wrong, but I suspect if you looked as deep into the other bubble teams resumes as you did the Big East you'd have a similar takeaway. That's why they're all on the bubble in the first place

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bullspit. You honestly think StJ or 'Hall aren't better than any of the at-large teams who made the committe's cut?

I think St. John’s and Providence are better than about 5 of the bubble teams, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom