BC Reached Out To Connecticut For 2013 Game. UConn Said No. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC Reached Out To Connecticut For 2013 Game. UConn Said No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If BCU did block UConn's entry into the SEC, then f them, I want not part of that. If not, yes, why not create some sort of annual game, even play it every year @ Fenway.

Assuming this is accurate, and BC did in fact reach out to UCONN, then Manuel should try to get this done and buyout a game and try to get BC for home and homes on a 4 or 6 year deal. Have to think long-term on this stuff.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Did the amount of the Buffalo buyout ever occur to anyone?

Reaction Score
Wish this game happened for the first time in a while when both teams were a little more significant to add a little more buzz. But right now, at UConn football's lowest point, I'll take anything that can give our fan base, or what's left of it, any sort of pulse. Still can't believe this season turned into this.

Reaction Score
if the intent of the op was to drive up views for the thread, it worked. however. the article doesn't say bc reached out to uconn or that uconn said no. two lies in one sentence, well done.

Reaction Score
If BCU did block UConn's entry into the SEC, then f them, I want not part of that. If not, yes, why not create some sort of annual game, even play it every year @ Fenway.

Well.............ahhh, never mind........

Reaction Score
They screw us over twice, and we should bend to them? I would like to kick their butts every year but they seem spoiled.

Reaction Score
They screw us over twice, and we should bend to them? I would like to kick their butts every year but they seem spoiled.

No one is bending to BCU. Nothing would be better than beating the snot out of them on the field.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This doesn't sound like BC reached out to UConn for a game. This sounds more like BC is searching for an opponent for 2013 and looked at some area team's schedules and determined that UConn is full. That said, I agree with most posters that Towson or Buffalo should be bought out and BC added, home or away. Even if it's away, their place is close enough for an easy drive to pack in lots of UConn fans (like the old basketball games did). Schedule it.

And no, this game would NOT be a national televised game. Two bad teams from the northeast? Only UConn fans and some BC fans would care about this game. This has ESPN3.com written all over it but who cares? I'll likely be at the game as we've all waited for this for many years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Normally I'd say it's crazy to not try and postpone Buffalo to play BC - but seriously this team without a coaching change next year will be so bad that Buffalo may be one of the two potential wins on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Sad for me to say but until pp and his crew of dolts leave here I'd rather we just keep ours heads low, bob and weave and not draw any more attention to our inepitude.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sad for me to say but until pp and his crew of dolts leave here I'd rather we just keep ours heads low, bob and weave and not draw any more attention to our inepitude.

There is some serious validity to this. A BC win would only secure our spot in the northeast recruiting and interest pecking order:

RU
Pitt
Penn St
Temple
Cuse
BC
UMass
CCSU
NETTS
Porter & Chester
Middlesex Community College
St Joeseph

UConn

Reaction Score
Unless playing BCU comes with an invite to the ACC, screw them. You do remember they left the BE to rot. Then Flipper interfere more recently when UConn may have had a chance to join a stable conference. So screw them them. Let 'em rot. Unless it comes wi an invite.

Reaction Score
if the intent of the op was to drive up views for the thread, it worked. however. the article doesn't say bc reached out to uconn or that uconn said no. two lies in one sentence, well done.
. It's two sentences.

Reaction Score
Unless playing BCU comes with an invite to the ACC, screw them. You do remember they left the BE to rot. Then Flipper interfere more recently when UConn may have had a chance to join a stable conference. So screw them them. Let 'em rot. Unless it comes wi an invite.

exactly, we could of been in the acc and played every year.. but hey they had to protect their "turf"... i dont see how this would help recruiting, schedule big boys if you want to see the recruiting improve. however with the staff we have....... whats the point

Reaction Score

Couldn't have said it better.

Reaction Score
Just a point about television coverage. Who outside of Kentucky cares about the UK/UL game on ESPN/ESPN2 every year? For a long, long time Colorado/CSU was on national tv.

If this game is played on the right weekend when most big name teams are playing cupcakes (weeks 1-3-ish), it might get a slot on ESPN or ESPN 2. Might. Most likely it is a Raycom/SNY production like the NC St and Maryland games were which is picked up by RSN's all over the east coast.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Trying to determine the television outlet for a hypothetical game is fun. It would depend on what the options for other games are. If it were week 1 or 2 it would probably be on a national outlet because there are bundles of games that are FBS vs. FCS.

Reaction Score
Did the amount of the Buffalo buyout ever occur to anyone?
Of course not. Everything is easy and free, haven't you learned that yet? Getting invited to a conference, easy. Buying out games and coaches contracts, easy and free. Warde, Susan, and everybody else not immediately responding to the angry masses on the BY are incompetent morons. ~sarcasm off~.

Reaction Score
Ask Buffalo if they will move the game to 2014 where our schedule appears to be blank. Plus offer them the opportunity to play us at the Rent one more time, in a later year:)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The last UConn-BCU game was at Chestnut Hill. Why the UConn "fans" on this board would want us to buy out an existing game to play at BCU is a mystery to me. Have a bit of self-respect, please.

Reaction Score
Blaudschun thinks a BC- UConn game will happen at some point. UConn's most pressing need at this point is 2014, not 2013. The 2014 schedule is comically tragic at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom