BC Reached Out To Connecticut For 2013 Game. UConn Said No. | The Boneyard

BC Reached Out To Connecticut For 2013 Game. UConn Said No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hey, anytime you can play Buffalo for the 19th straight year instead of building a relationship with what could be your biggest rival, you gotta do it.

Reaction Score
Assuming this is accurate, and BC did in fact reach out to UCONN, then Manuel should try to get this done and buyout a game and try to get BC for home and homes on a 4 or 6 year deal. Have to think long-term on this stuff.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It was a one-off.

Reaction Score
I'd like to get a better read on this statement: "Bates said that he considered adding another game against UMass, which will start a three-game (2 at Alumni Stadium, 1 in Foxborough) in a few years, but the Minutemen’s non-conference schedule for 2013 was already filled. He checked Connecticut, but the Huskies schedule for next year is also filled."

I'd actually like to know whether he actually talked to WM or just looked @ schedule?

Here's next year:
So we would have to buy out the away game @ Buffalo for an away game @ BCU. Would have been a better chance if not Buffalo :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unless I missed something all the article stated was that he checked UConn's schedule (never stated that he spoke to anyone at UConn) and saw that for 2013 it was filled.

I would be stunned if we weren't willing to work with them on something (including clearing our sched for 2013) if they called.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
While I'd like to restart our series/rivalry with BC, we have a rough OOC schedule as it is. Adding BC to that schedule will make it even tougher. Sometimes you need a few teams you know you should beat. UMD and UM are tough games no matter where they're played. Plus we don't know who will be on our conference slate so I can understand why adding BC next season is not a good idea.

It is promising to see that BC was willing to at least look at possibly playing UConn. Hopefully we could work something out in the near future and make it an annual game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Screw them. Why do them any favors? We have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Let them play C. Michigan.

What? Please explain that.

We would get a game on national tv against a national name, have a game UConn fans have been waiting a decade for and potentially use it to leverage more games in the future.

What do we have to lose? A road game at Buffalo or a home game vs Towson? Seriously?

Reaction Score
What? Please explain that.

We would get a game on national tv against a national name, have a game UConn fans have been waiting a decade for and potentially use it to leverage more games in the future.

What do we have to lose? A road game at Buffalo or a home game vs Towson? Seriously?

You're nuts if you think BC/UConn is an automatic national game. Nobody cares about this except the 2 fan bases. Add in the fact that both teams will stink next year and this screams regional. Why bail them out? You want a game next year, it starts with signing a multi year home and home series. If not, screw them.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yea! This will show them! We'll really stick it to them by watching a game at Buffalo on ESPN3.com! Screw EM!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You're nuts if you think BC/UConn is an automatic national game. Nobody cares about this except the 2 fan bases. Add in the fact that both teams will stink next year and this screams regional. Why bail them out? You want a game next year, it starts with signing a multi year home and home series. If not, screw them.

You don't think UConn BC is on ESPN or ESPN2?

Reaction Score
I stand behind no man in my distaste for BC, but the quicker we can this series re-started the better. Assuming Mr. Manuel was approached as Blauds reports, hope he didn't dismiss it out of hand. Seems like there's got to be a way to get this done. What about working out something with Maryland, Buffalo or Towson? What about playing next year at another venue (Fenway, Gillette)

Reaction Score
I stand behind no man in my distaste for BC, but the quicker we can this series re-started the better. Assuming Mr. Manuel was approached as Blauds reports, hope he didn't dismiss it out of hand. Seems like there's got to be a way to get this done. What about working out something with Maryland, Buffalo or Towson? What about playing next year at another venue (Fenway, Gillette)

You want to give up a home game? (Maryland/Towson are @ Rent)

Reaction Score
Bates most likely is throwing out some feelers with that statement. Everyone needs to put their negative feelings away from BC, they left, but we would have left as well, in fact we are trying to leave, so the hypocrisy is absurd at this point.

We need to play BC and BC needs to play us, it's good for recruiting and good for fans. Get over it.

Reaction Score
If Temple vs UL is on ABC then...well...

Ville is #10 with an exciting young QB.

Hey it's possible that the game would be on ESPN but the thought that anyone outside of New England is clamoring to see this game is pure fantasy.

Reaction Score
Lots of immature posts here. You guys do understand that we were supposed to be the 14th team in the ACC, but BC made a fuss thus the ACC went with Pitt. Having good relations with SU, BC, Pitt, ND, etc. is vital if we wish to get into the ACC in the future.

Why not reschedule the Buffalo game and play at BC?

Reaction Score
You want to give up a home game? (Maryland/Towson are @ Rent)
Given this looks like a special case and a small window to restart what should be a annual rivalry, in a heartbeat.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You might want to get out of New England once in awhile.

Jeez. Does 21 years in New Jersey count? Thanks for the advice though.

I guess I should ask you what makes you think that's a lock?

Because it doesn't take much to get a game on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU in the ACC/Big East markets with a decently compelling matchup.

How about this? UConn BC is just as likely to be on ESPN as UConn at Buffalo is to be on ESPN3 online. The program needs as much exposure and juice as it can possibly get. I absolutely cannot believe if given the chance of a buyout at Buffalo for even a 1 game only deal at BC people here are balking at it.

You're telling me, those that are opposed to the game, you wouldn't take the trip to BC for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom