BC Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

BC Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The LBs that were lost to graduation, Bouyer-Randle, Swenson, and Bembry, were much bigger losses than I expected. Bouyer-Randle was graded UConn's highest graded tackler by PFF last year. Remember, Bouyer-Randle was 6'2", 240 lbs and hit hard. We miss that this year.
Yup - that was my biggest fear for this season and it really was evident in game 1 onward.

Reaction Score
The LBs that were lost to graduation, Bouyer-Randle, Swenson, and Bembry, were much bigger losses than I expected. Bouyer-Randle was graded UConn's highest graded tackler by PFF last year. Remember, Bouyer-Randle was 6'2", 240 lbs and hit hard. We miss that this year.
What we miss is the SPEED at LB not the size. Swenson was very fast. The reason we can't stop QB runs is the lost of speed at LB.

Reaction Score
What we miss is the SPEED at LB not the size. Swenson was very fast. The reason we can't stop QB runs is the lost of speed at LB.
Maybe, but I think Bouyer-Randle was not only a sure tackler, he was able to free up Jackson Mitchell to make tackles. And, UConn has faced more athletic running QBs this year than last year. UConn has faced the #1, #4, and #11 rushing QBs by yards this year. And, Riley Leonard of Duke might have been top 10 if he wasn't injured.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but I think Bouyer-Randle was not only a sure tackler, he was able to free up Jackson Mitchell to make tackles. And, UConn has faced more athletic running QBs this year than last year. UConn has faced the #1, #4, and #11 rushing QBs by yards this year. And, Riley Leonard of Duke might have been top 10 if he wasn't injured.
And we helped get them those numbers!

Reaction Score
This is straight-up fact and vastly undersized Noah Plank is playing out of position by being forced to play LB out of sheer necessity. But seeing we are using him at LB why not move him around and use his speed to blitz from the end now and then?

I was surprised that when Jackson got tossed in the Duke game we didn't even try to use the portal kid who had a lot of experience and size from Kansas who promptly went back into the portal (I don't blame him).

Also we have not replaced the production/versatility of Robert Burns from last year. That's a whole slice of the offense we just don't use anymore.

We bring in a 4-Star TE from Michigan and I swear we have yet to attempt a single pass to him this year. Head scratcher.

The absolute most disturbing comment I heard during the telecast 9if it was true) is that NC said Cam Edwards has been doing this in practice for awhile we just didn't know if he could do it in a game. This attitude is downright alarming - is that why we haven't seen any of the Freshman WRs that supposedly looked so good in camp and have a ton of speed - what other players are "doing it in practice" but we don't use because we are unsure if they will help us in a game and we will probably lose some of them to the portal.

Reaction Score
And we helped get them those numbers!
UConn held BC's Castellanos to high lowest rushing total and yards per carry for the season. UConn held USF's Brown to his 4th lowest rushing total of the season, below Alabama. UConn held Duke's Leonard below his season average rushing yards. If a team has an athletic QB that runs 10 to 20 times per game, they are going to get yards as they are hard to stop. Last year, UConn didn't face many athletic QBs, but this year they have.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Rivals the double fake field goal in stupidity
The 2nd fake was in fact the worst coaching decision in the history of the program. Like a gambler down big saying double or nothing until they lose their house.

Reaction Score
I don't think Bembry was much of a loss though. Ended up on special teams and some goal line sets. His lack of production as the rush 3-4 linebacker resulted in the move to a 4-3. Randle was a wonderful portal pickup. Best so far?

Reaction Score
This is straight-up fact and vastly undersized Noah Plank is playing out of position by being forced to play LB out of sheer necessity. But seeing we are using him at LB why not move him around and use his speed to blitz from the end now and then?

I was surprised that when Jackson got tossed in the Duke game we didn't even try to use the portal kid who had a lot of experience and size from Kansas who promptly went back into the portal (I don't blame him).

Also we have not replaced the production/versatility of Robert Burns from last year. That's a whole slice of the offense we just don't use anymore.

We bring in a 4-Star TE from Michigan and I swear we have yet to attempt a single pass to him this year. Head scratcher.

The absolute most disturbing comment I heard during the telecast 9if it was true) is that NC said Cam Edwards has been doing this in practice for awhile we just didn't know if he could do it in a game. This attitude is downright alarming - is that why we haven't seen any of the Freshman WRs that supposedly looked so good in camp and have a ton of speed - what other players are "doing it in practice" but we don't use because we are unsure if they will help us in a game and we will probably lose some of them to the portal.
Interesting points and these are the rings that make you wonder what the heck is going on?

Reaction Score
UConn held BC's Castellanos to high lowest rushing total and yards per carry for the season. UConn held USF's Brown to his 4th lowest rushing total of the season, below Alabama. UConn held Duke's Leonard below his season average rushing yards. If a team has an athletic QB that runs 10 to 20 times per game, they are going to get yards as they are hard to stop. Last year, UConn didn't face many athletic QBs, but this year they have.
Seems like the announcers made a point of saying that Castellanos was hurt late first half. They said that’s why he was content to stay in the pocket and throw in the second half.

Reaction Score
At the start of the season they had Rosa, Houston, and Brewton listed ahead of Edwards which seems fair to start the season. Edwards would have gotten some run even if Houston and Brewton hadn't left.

I have never understood the thought that coaches are purposely not playing people. Why would they do that? They want to win and their job depends on winning. Look at Jalen Mitchell. In 2020/2021 at Louisville, he rushed for over 1000 yards and 7 TDs, yet he is not playing. Why? Fumbles, he has carried the ball 6 times and fumbled twice. Louis Hansen, the Michigan TE transfer is Joly's size so he is not a blocking TE and Joly is getting most of the TE receiving reps.

Reaction Score
Louis Hansen, the Michigan TE transfer is Joly's size so he is not a blocking TE and Joly is getting most of the TE receiving reps.
Hansen had one reception in the GSU loss.

Don’t forget Hansen missed 2+ games and the bye week while in concussion protocol. BC was his first game back.

Reaction Score
This is so true. I work at BC and live pretty close to campus. It is a nightmare getting to and from games. No parking, hard to get Ubers home since everyone Ubers, the Greenline to BC is slower than my grandma walking, and there is NO tailgating (seriously, BC has the worst tailgating in football).
They had a lot of tailgating going on all around the stadium. Expensive yes, but a beautiful setting right on campus. I have seen a lot worse stadiums to tailgate at around the country including GT & Arizona.

Reaction Score
They had a lot of tailgating going on all around the stadium. Expensive yes, but a beautiful setting right on campus. I have seen a lot worse stadiums to tailgate at around the country including GT & Arizona.
The tailgating is extremely limited at BC. For a college, it is the one of the worst tailgating experiences, especially for visiting fans considering there are virtually no option for visiting fans to have a tailgate. And, lots of the BC tailgating is in parking garages where you can't have a grill.

As for GT tailgating, it is better than BC, but not as good as most schools.

Reaction Score
1 I like the performance of the players. They don't give up. We are a score away from a winning season. JM has improved this team immensely.

2 Some of his recent statements(JM) worry me. I hope he hasn't given up

3 Time to give Zion a chance.

Reaction Score
Seems like the announcers made a point of saying that Castellanos was hurt late first half. They said that’s why he was content to stay in the pocket and throw in the second half.

Castellanos did not play in BC's opening drive of the third qtr....then came on later with his leg wrapped.

Reaction Score
Castellanos did not play in BC's opening drive of the third qtr....then came on later with his leg wrapped.
Dehydrated and needed an IV At half time. Rumor that he also had a stomach issue going on. Wrap maybe due to cramps?

Reaction Score
Castellanos was sick at hafltime due to being dehydrated. He was given an IV during halftime, that that is why he missed the first series.

Reaction Score

Plack hasn’t played well, but by roster measurements is bigger than Swenson was

Reaction Score
The tailgating is extremely limited at BC. For a college, it is the one of the worst tailgating experiences, especially for visiting fans considering there are virtually no option for visiting fans to have a tailgate. And, lots of the BC tailgating is in parking garages where you can't have a grill.

As for GT tailgating, it is better than BC, but not as good as most schools.
Disagree about the garage tailgating as the entire lower campus is one big tailgate. We have a friend who is a BC grad and we were near their theater and dorms and it was a blast. It's bad for visiting fans since you can't drive in but if you know someone from BC it's fun

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom