BC Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

BC Post Game Thread

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Nice day, bad result. Was there any doubt? Edwards proving to be the best thing to talk about this season. If we're lucky, two wins for the season... IF we're lucky.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Players executing vs coaches making good calls- They seem to coincide about 25% of the time. The other 75% one fails the other, hence the overall s*** show.

I'm starting to think that top level CFB is changing so rapidly that its a different game even from when Mora took the UConn job. Between NIL, portal, and realignment insanity he can't keep up, especially trying to play the role of DC as well.

Reaction Score
Players executing vs coaches making good calls- They seem to coincide about 25% of the time. The other 75% one fails the other, hence the overall s*** show.

I'm starting to think that top level CFB is changing so rapidly that its a different game even from when Mora took the UConn job. Between NIL, portal, and realignment insanity he can't keep up, especially trying to play the role of DC as well.

It doesn't take NIL money to go for it on 4th down when you're down 7 with under 7 minutes to go.

Reaction Score
Even if it worked 100% perfectly .... and it kind of needs to have everything work perfectly ....Charlton's offense at its max isnt designed to be high scoring. It feels dated ... I was told by someone that College football innovates offenses and NFL adapts them. UConn feels like we hire NFL dated types of OC's and hope our non pro athletes can run it to perfection. Zero innovation or adaption to the latest styles. The one time we did with Rhett our dated NFL style coach didnt seem to see eye to eye.

Remember we had a chance to get Shaun Lewis.

Reaction Score
Anyone care to talk about Ross and Clercius dropping easily catchable passes? I'm guessing this falls on the playcalling for calling pass plays in those cases.
Both

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
It doesn't take NIL money to go for it on 4th down when you're down 7 with under 7 minutes to go.
My comment wasn't about analyzing single plays- point to any of a multitude of dumb*ss calls by the coaches or dumb@** plays by the players and you get to the same place. The (to put it kindly) wildly inconsistent going into the 9th game of the season and the coaching staff can't get out of their own way. At some point who are the bigger -ups, players or coaches, doesn't matter. What matters is what is AD Dave gonna do when we go 1-11 with no big NIL money to buy players for next year and an overwhelmed coaching staff?

I'm a generally positive person and have hung in with UConn football since the upgrade, but I gotta say things are looking bleak short, middle, and long term.

Reaction Score
I still can’t comprehend the end of half play calling so you run it on 1st killing the clock then you’re willing to throw it on 4th not just throw but throw the ball downfield to Stafford? So you like to run the ball but aren’t willing to run it on 4th and 1, someone explain that logic to me.

Reaction Score
Its insane seeing Kansas success.. They were the dumpster fire of college football for like a decade feels like more ... P5 Money finally got them a coach and players they need. AND bball still matters... Kansas, Duke, UNC showing you can have both. My worry is the Big East collapse is a matter of time ... I'll be shocked if the TV deal pulls through with out Yormark Big12 throwing out incentives... guy is slick.

Reaction Score
Don’t think either team played well.

Killing ourselves with drops and untimely penalties continues to be a weekly theme.

Defense outmatched

The 4th and 1 playcall at the end of the first half and the decision to kick the field goal were both ridiculous

Cam edwards play was exciting not many other positives

Reaction Score
While there are no consolation prizes, the BC pundits were predicting 56-10, 34-14, and one writer said he was hoping for 76-0.
The thing that is infuriating is we had a legit chance to win. However the fact we cant get off field on 3rd down and peculiar coaching decisions coupled with bad penalties and dropped passed leads to losing. Bad teams find ways to lose even when playing good.

Reaction Score
BC gets revenge on us for helping to destroy our conference and blackballing us out of the ACC.

It's all about the P3/4/5 narrative.

Reaction Score
Mind boggling that our coaches don't know the skills of our players. 54 yard kick after what we saw this year from our kicker. Wasn't even close. Did he think our D was going to stop them?

We were moving the ball most of the game. Penalties killed us. We had a chance on that 4th down.

Mora took that chance away. And our D-line could stop the run k owing they were going to run.

Reaction Score
Why does it take us falling behind 2 scores before this OC opens up the playbook and when he did we actually moved the ball very well. The only thing that killed us on that last drive to tie the score were 2 holding penalties by the TEs. As far as the DTs, they were dominated. I know they were on the field a long time, but even in the first half they were getting gashed. Very disappointing and the fact that Tennessee is one of the best running teams in the country does not bode well. The only positive to that is running the ball keeps the clock moving and maybe keeps the game respectable. Hope so since I'll be there. And like others, just the inability to get off the field today killed us. I don't get or like the only rushing 3 on third and long. Needed to bring more pressure especially with a gimpy QB.

Reaction Score
Weird decisions. Going for it in our own territory toward the end of the half (dodged that one). And not going for it when we were moving it at Will in their territory with the game on the line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom