Baylor/ND | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Baylor/ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
But...but...she's the Player of the Year, according to ESPN.

IMO she takes a lot of bad shots. You rarely see Stewie take a shot that isn't in the flow of the offense. Yes, I know that ND asks much more of Loyd, but Stewart is a better player, hands down. (Not that I'm bitter that Loyd got that dumb award, not at all.)
So is KML. So is MoJet. So, arguably, is Tuck.

Reaction Score
Great season for ladybears. We weren't supposed to be there. At the beginning of the year all we had was Davis and a bunch of average players around her.

All credit to the Irish. They played man defense in our face better than we normally do agaisnt anyone else. And we let two unexpected non-stars have career nights shooting.

Last night is first time in a long, LONG time I've seen OUR team gassed (thus lost the rebound battle and didn't get in face of ND shooters or) in the last 10 minutes. I attribute that to their defensive pressure. Was also surprised to see Muffet play offense from 15' out. turner camped at the FT line and only set pics. Went to the iron only to rebound. Is she not ready to have an offensive scheme set for her or was that Muffet jsut wanting to take our rebounders away from the iron?

Good game. Wrong team won. But great season, and great prelude to next year.

Have fun in Tampa Bay. You guys should set a new NCAA record for point differential in a title game this year.

Reaction Score
Been fairly unimpressed with Turner so far. ND's guards are good, but UConn's front line will eat up their posts.

Brianna Turner is first team All ACC. I was surpised. She is a very good player and will develop into a great player. With great guards, she gets a ton of easy looks. In the ACC, I prefer Azura Stevens who is a far more versatile player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nina Davis was just a sophomore this season. I love her energy and hustle. Baylor gets Alexis Jones next season.

Jewell can have off-shooting nights. One key is to force her into high-degree-of-difficulty shots. Let her shoot from 20', not from 10'. The problem is that Lindsay Allen has become a shooter. You can't lay off her, nor should you give Mabrey any room.

Reaction Score
I think there will be a lot of better teams next year. Baylor only loses one senior and so does Florida State. Both of them should be better next season. Duke finally gets some guards so they should be better. Tennessee gets DD and MR back. Next year should be quite interesting.

Notre Dame has a good class coming in as well, though I think that they need more bigs. They are bringing in 3 guards. I love Marina Mabrey. She is a more aggressive version of her sister.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Was also surprised to see Muffet play offense from 15' out. turner camped at the FT line and only set pics. Went to the iron only to rebound. Is she not ready to have an offensive scheme set for her or was that Muffet jsut wanting to take our rebounders away from the iron?

That's typical for Turner - most of her buckets come in transition or rolling to the hoop on the pick & roll. Very few post-up buckets. McGraw has said her point production is a pleasant surprise. They knew her offensive game needed development, were expecting mostly rebounding and defensive impact this year.

Reaction Score
Nina Davis was just a sophomore this season. I love her energy and hustle. Baylor gets Alexis Jones next season.

Jewell can have off-shooting nights. One key is to force her into high-degree-of-difficulty shots. Let her shoot from 20', not from 10'. The problem is that Lindsay Allen has become a shooter. You can't lay off her, nor should you give Mabrey any room.
ND, should we face them in the title match up, is going to be a tough out. They are not the same team they were 4 months ago. I think we win, but by less than the last two meetings. I'd rather face South Carolina.

Reaction Score
ND, should we face them in the title match up, is going to be a tough out. They are not the same team they were 4 months ago. I think we win, but by less than the last two meetings. I'd rather face South Carolina.

I like ND but it would take a great coaching for ND to make this match up really competitive. Talent-wise, I think that their guards can compete with UConn. They are versatile, great shooters, passers and competitors who can score off the bounce, but inside I see UConn dominating especially as the game progressesUConn simply has too many athletic and talented front court players who can put too much pressure on ND defensively and offensively. Stewart, Stokes and Tuck have an experience and talent advantage. I see freshmen Brianna Turner and Sophmore Reimer getting into foul trouble. And Reimer won't get as many open looks as she usually gets.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Notre Dame will be no match for UCONN. Turner essentially floats around and waits for the ball to fall into her hands and really has not offensive moves to speak of. But she is not a bad floater to have. Davis. who was much less heralded coming out of high school is a much better player, although her stile of play is quite unorthodox. It may not be pretty but it sure is effective and nobody works harder.

Next season when Baylor has Jones at the two guard and a solid center in Brown or Mompremier I fully expect to see Baylor and UCONN in the championship game. Baylor should have a strong lineup minus Agbuke and adding Jones and Brown/Mompremier.

Reaction Score
You guys know ND much better than I do, but if you play the same team we played last night and think they can push you then (1) you're not nearly as good as I think you are (2) ND was playing a dog of a game last night, or (2) we're not as far behind you guys as I thought.

I was impressed with ND. They were certainly the better team last night. But 10 out of 10 I'd go on record that we'd split no more than 6/4 either way.

Last night's 4/4 three pointers in the first half from _________? (tired from bus ride) kept them in the game with us or we might have extended an 8 point lead to a 15-20 plus us holding Lloyd to 6 points in the first half. and from there in the second half who knows what happens.

Your guys won't make the youthful mistakes we did that gave away 10-15 points.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak