Baylor/ND | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor/ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Loyd 2/9, 3 ast, 3 to, 1st. Compare to MoJet last night. Oops; no comparison.

Why are you comparing a SG to a PG ? Allen has had a pretty good game so far

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but coaches simply do not prepare there teams mentally and physically like ND and UConn do.

Just look at these failed box outs. How can you give ND opportunities like that?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good effort by Baylor, but ND is too well rounded... Poor game by Loyd so Allen stepped up...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I really wish they would have sent LaChina Robinson to Greensboro instead of OKC :p

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Agbuke is just plain aweful tonight. If BU does anything rebounding the ball in the second half... But no.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Next year Baylor should be better as Alexis Jones Duke transfer eligible to play plus they signed a good recruiting class. Should have more weapons. Kept the game reasonably close considering the foul trouble they were in. ND Guards scored 56 points vs 24 for Baylor Baylor was more reliant on Nina Davis for points but she needed more help.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Next year Baylor should be better as Alexis Jones Duke transfer eligible to play plus they signed a good recruiting class. Should have more weapons. Kept the game reasonably close considering the foul trouble they were in. ND Guards scored 56 points vs 24 for Baylor Baylor was more reliant on Nina Davis for points but she needed more help.
Would probably help if they played more top ten teams. Perhaps UConn?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wbbfan1 said:

I think there will be a lot of better teams next year. Baylor only loses one senior and so does Florida State. Both of them should be better next season. Duke finally gets some guards so they should be better. Tennessee gets DD and MR back. Next year should be quite interesting.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Love Cable's hustle
Yes, as a native of the suburban Pittsburgh community bordering on Mount Lebanon (her hometown), I have to agree. She played a great second half last night.

Question: Do Notre Dame fans refer to her as "The Cable Girl"?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Would probably help if they played more top ten teams. Perhaps UConn?
Doris Burke mentioned a significant statistic (at least in my mind) on the Saturday game broadcast. Since 1995, UConn has been beaten in the NCAA tournament only twice by teams that did not play UConn during the season. She referred to 1999 and 2004, but I think she meant 2006 as the second case (where Duke won in overtime after Charde missed the 10-foot buzzer shot).

Teams that have aspirations to win an NC should take that into account, and not be afraid to schedule UConn during the season. It significantly improves their chances of getting past UConn in the tournament.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I was amused when Muffet was commenting on officiating and physicality, and actually referenced yellow and red cards. Man, that's pot calling kettle black.

Reaction Score
I was amused when Muffet was commenting on officiating and physicality, and actually referenced yellow and red cards. Man, that's pot calling kettle black.
I noticed that too - almost like she was positioning her excuses in case they lost.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Yes, as a native of the suburban Pittsburgh community bordering on Mount Lebanon (her hometown), I have to agree. She played a great second half last night.

Question: Do Notre Dame fans refer to her as "The Cable Girl"?

No, but that's pretty good! I think most just stick with "Maddie", it suits her bulldog mentality (which is ironic because she owns a golden retriever puppy).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Fun season for Baylor. Sune stunk it up tonight. Next season Baylor adds Jones, Brown, and Mompremier so watch out.

Jones, Johnson and Davis are going to be no fun at all to play against. I'm thinking ND and Baylor aren't in the same regional next year - because both get 1-seeds.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I also thought it was interesting how she said that Loyed played an incredible game. It was kind of funny - she mentioned Allen and Loyd and how great they played. The immediate follow up question was something like "how do you feel your team steps up when Loyd does not have a good game like tonight?". It was awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom