Baylor beats WVU 74-71 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor beats WVU 74-71

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I will grant that if the development of Simms supporting cast went exactly as Mulkey planned, coming to fruition now, that was masterful coaching.

But exceeded expectations? Expressed after the fact? Granted they gave UConn a closer game than you or anyone else expected. Given what the season revealed about the quality of all the other teams they faced, when else did Baylor exceed your expectation? Who did they beat that you now look back on and say "Great win against a team that should have beat us!" (besides WVU, to whom they also lost) Who did they beat (besides WVU) that you would not expect any other top 15 team to beat? What? In hindsight you think beating Oklahoma State exceeded expectations? You must have low expectations.

Such a hateful little reply.

I did not expect a Bug 12 regular season championship and a tourney championship and the chance of a 1 seed, which is still a possibility.

Baylor exceeded the expectations of basically everyone that follows women's basketball.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you have upset or wearied digger then you have burned out one of the most patient posters around.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Hopefully no time soon.

Please be aware that many folks on this board like and respect Mike Carey and WVU. Do not be surprised if we do not share your opinion. And please show the respect for them that you expect us to show for Baylor.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Please be aware that many folks on this board like and respect Mike Carey and WVU. Do not be surprised if we do not share your opinion. And please show the respect for them that you expect us to show for Baylor.

I also respect WVU and my post gave no indication that I don't, nor has any other comment I've ever made about Carey and his program. However, I don't want to see them win a conference title because that would mean that Baylor did not. So please don't try to make my response something that it was not.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Such a hateful little reply.

I did not expect a Bug 12 regular season championship and a tourney championship and the chance of a 1 seed, which is still a possibility.

Baylor exceeded the expectations of basically everyone that follows women's basketball.

??? I have nothing against Baylor and you may have a case for Mulkey being COY, but not based on exceeding expectations. Who was it that "everyone that follows women's basketball" expected to win the Big 12 this year? Serious question. Even if it wasn't Baylor, with whom people thought was the best point guard in the country, I think "everyone" is a little carried away.

You are correct, though, in pointing out few would think Baylor to be a 1 seed. I would have guessed a two seed before the season. Unlike the past few years, where there were four strong teams at the top, there are only two this year.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I didn't interpret it as a slam on WVU, but a back-handed way of saying he hopes Baylor continues to be at the top.

on edit, oops hadn't seen your response when I posted, glad to see we are on same page.

HGN

Reaction Score
On another note , did anyone note the play of Bria Holmes ? She is quite a talent. Long , athletic , can handle the ball , shoot from 3 , and run the floor. I was impressed with her overall game last night. WVU has a very good player.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is worth noting that except for Baylor holding the line against WVU the former and current Big East teams won 3 and almost a 4th in their diaspora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom