Baylor beats WVU 74-71 | The Boneyard

Baylor beats WVU 74-71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good game. Both teams are evenly matched. Very questionable foul call on WVU at end, looked like they forced a turnover.

Bria Holmes went for 24 before fouling out.

I guess Baylor will be the 2 in Lincoln?

Should they get a 1 in Palo Alto?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It was a very exciting second half. Too bad Bria Holmes fouled out before that last play. Tough having your best 3 pt shooter on the bench when you need one.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Very evenly matched. Baylor has proven that they are not just Sims. Davis with 16, Johnson with 19 and Sims with 19. Agbuke and Cave combined for 15 points and 16 rebounds.

Give the committee something to think about. Was it enough for a 1 seed? We'll see.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I think WVU and Baylor look like pretty complete teams.

I think both could be better than Stanford and Tennessee for starters.

I think WVU and Baylor look like pretty complete teams.

I think both could be better than Stanford and Tennessee for starters.

I think Tennessee specifically would have problems with both WVU and Baylor..Both have very fast guards that love to penetrate and dish it off and they are both very good at it..I don't want to even think about how many points Simms could score on us..Teams star players tend to have career days against Tennessee

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It was a very exciting second half. Too bad Bria Holmes fouled out before that last play. Tough having your best 3 pt shooter on the bench when you need one.

Too bad Davis sat much of the 2nd half with foul trouble. She was arguably Baylor's best player in the tourney.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Tennessee specifically would have problems with both WVU and Baylor..Both have very fast guards that love to penetrate and dish it off and they are both very good at it..I don't want to even think about how many points Simms could score on us..Teams star players tend to have career days against Tennessee

I suspect that UT will be the 1 seed in either Lincoln or Louisville.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't care which region Baylor ends up in. This team has exceeded all of my expectations and I'm so proud of what they accomplished. I'm happy just to be in the discussion. IMO, Mulkey should be COY. No coach lost more than she did from last year and then lead their team to a conference championship.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Too bad Davis sat much of the 2nd half with foul trouble. She was arguably Baylor's best player in the tourney.

Been VERY impressed with Davis. She should def be at the top of the list for the top freshman in the country. Mulkey got a nice gem with her..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was hoping for a WVU win ... who knows when they will ever be this close again to a conference tournament title :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Davis is a baller! But Diamond is sure to be announced as the FOY. There are probably some voters who don't even know who Davis is.

I saw Kaela Davis friday night.... she has tons of ability... just needs better shot selection, and of course.... work on her defense.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The only two schools that I would root for are WVU and Okie State. not sure if either will be in contention after this season.

Texas is getting some good talent. They will be good next year.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
I saw Kaela Davis friday night.... she has tons of ability... just needs better shot selection, and of course.... work on her defense.

I think they're talking about Nina Davis from Baylor.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

She has an incredible physique!

As much as I love Nina Davis, DeShields is still the POY to me.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't care which region Baylor ends up in. This team has exceeded all of my expectations and I'm so proud of what they accomplished. I'm happy just to be in the discussion. IMO, Mulkey should be COY. No coach lost more than she did from last year and then lead their team to a conference championship.
no suprise there.... nor there ;)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Gotta give Mulkey credit. She managed to conceal Davis's talent throughout the regular season (by having Sims shoot at will) so she would then have a surprise weapon to unveil at (B12 and NCAA) tournament time. Pure coaching genius. COY for sure.:rolleyes:

ahem. led.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Very evenly matched. Baylor has proven that they are not just Sims. Davis with 16, Johnson with 19 and Sims with 19. Agbuke and Cave combined for 15 points and 16 rebounds.

Give the committee something to think about. Was it enough for a 1 seed? We'll see.
That's what everyone was trying to convince Sims and Kim. Baylor's problem are not what others believed but what Sims believed.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

I will grant that if the development of Simms supporting cast went exactly as Mulkey planned, coming to fruition now, that was masterful coaching.

But exceeded expectations? Expressed after the fact? Granted they gave UConn a closer game than you or anyone else expected. Given what the season revealed about the quality of all the other teams they faced, when else did Baylor exceed your expectation? Who did they beat that you now look back on and say "Great win against a team that should have beat us!" (besides WVU, to whom they also lost) Who did they beat (besides WVU) that you would not expect any other top 15 team to beat? What? In hindsight you think beating Oklahoma State exceeded expectations? You must have low expectations.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
oh snap.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads