Battle For Atlantis: Need a Roommate to Split Cost | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Battle For Atlantis: Need a Roommate to Split Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Beyond my unhealthy obsession with UConn basketball I assure you I'm not a creep/mentally unstable.

Hmm, this is exactly what a creep/mentally unstable person would say...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Well, even though the lot of you have let me down again, I've booked anyway. I ended up in a condo on paradise island 5 min walk to Atlantis. So if anyone out there wants to meet up for a drink, give me a shout. And there is still room for 1 more if anyone changes their mind. I'm making a proper trip out of it and I'll be there Sunday 11/22 through Tuesday 12/1

Also, for anyone who has gone previously, should I buy just UConn tickets and scalp to other games or should I get the all games package? I want to see as much basketball as possible, but wont pay full price if tickets are easy to come by on Island.

Reaction Score
In 2011 we had all tourney passes. The seats were great, second row right behind Donny Marshall doing his gig. We only went to our games so this year just purchased Uconn tix. If it's the same the same as 2011 you shouldn't have trouble getting other tix.

Reaction Score
9UCONN_crop_north.jpg

Do you have enough room for the two of us?? We can bunk together

Reaction Score
So I've never gone to one of these island pre-season tourneys, if you vets wouldn't mind enlightening me, what would you guys say you need to spend to go to these and attend the games on average?

I know its probably much different if its atlantis or the Puerto Rico jam or whatever its called, so on a slightly different topic, how far in the future do we know which of these tourneys we are in? Recently got back from Caribbean vacation, and realized that I should probably look into making my next Caribbean vacation one of these tourneys so I can really have a great time, so I'm thinking I want to try to plan to get to whatever island getaway tournament we're in a year or 2 or 3 from now

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
So I've never gone to one of these island pre-season tourneys, if you vets wouldn't mind enlightening me, what would you guys say you need to spend to go to these and attend the games on average?

I know its probably much different if its atlantis or the Puerto Rico jam or whatever its called, so on a slightly different topic, how far in the future do we know which of these tourneys we are in? Recently got back from Caribbean vacation, and realized that I should probably look into making my next Caribbean vacation one of these tourneys so I can really have a great time, so I'm thinking I want to try to plan to get to whatever island getaway tournament we're in a year or 2 or 3 from now

We're in Maui next year and the Phil Knight tournament in Portland in 2017. I haven't seen anything beyond that yet. Maui usually announces their teams 2 years in advance, the other usually only the year before.

Reaction Score
Someone should seriously jump on this. There are non-stop flights available right now leaving Tuesday and coming back Saturday for $432. The condo OkaForPrez is staying at is on Paradise Island. 7 minute walk to the best beach in the Bahamas. 5 minute walk to the Atlantis. We're talking about a roundtrip cost of less than $1,000. You'd be getting a great deal.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Someone should seriously jump on this. There are non-stop flights available right now leaving Tuesday and coming back Saturday for $432. The condo OkaForPrez is staying at is on Paradise Island. 7 minute walk to the best beach in the Bahamas. 5 minute walk to the Atlantis. We're talking about a roundtrip cost of less than $1,000. You'd be getting a great deal.[/QUOTE

Reaction Score
fROM WHAT CITY OF DEPARTURE AND WHAT AIRLINE

Leaves from JFK. JetBlue. Gets there Tuesday morning and comes back Saturday late morning. Just checked, it's down to $420. Both non-stop flights which is a big plus.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Just did a hacker fare with JFK to NAS on 11/24 with Delta and NAS to JFK on 11/28 with JetBlue. All in for $432. Now I have 24 hours to decide if I'll actually go through with it...

@OkaForPrez if I decide to pull the trigger I'll DM you tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Just did a hacker fare with JFK to NAS on 11/24 with Delta and NAS to JFK on 11/28 with JetBlue. All in for $432. Now I have 24 hours to decide if I'll actually go through with it...

@OkaForPrez if I decide to pull the trigger I'll DM you tomorrow.

Go for it, BUHusky. It'd be a he'll of a deal you're getting.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@PeterSanDiego @BUHusky

Guys, I think it only makes sense to bring 1 of you in on the deal as there's only two beds in the condo. So you need to figure out between yourselves who is serious and then lock your airfare. BU I suppose you have first right of refusal since youre in first.

The deal for either of you is a straight split of costs. I'm paying $111 a night so it will be $56 for as many nights as you stay. Its a 1 BR condo with a pull out couch in the living room. I'm fine with the pull out. It's a 10 min walk to Atlantis.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-re...term=20151005&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
@PeterSanDiego @BUHusky

Guys, I think it only makes sense to bring 1 of you in on the deal as there's only two beds in the condo. So you need to figure out between yourselves who is serious and then lock your airfare. BU I suppose you have first right of refusal since youre in first.

The deal for either of you is a straight split of costs. I'm paying $111 a night so it will be $56 for as many nights as you stay. Its a 1 BR condo with a pull out couch in the living room. I'm fine with the pull out. It's a 10 min walk to Atlantis.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-re...term=20151005&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email
Is it a king size bed for the master? They can share and then you split cost three ways. Win Win Win - Double Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom