Battle For Atlantis: Need a Roommate to Split Cost | The Boneyard

Battle For Atlantis: Need a Roommate to Split Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Borderline strange post here. I decided as soon as I heard Uconn and Cuse were both in the Atlantis field that I was going this year, unfortunately I couldn't sell any of my friends on leaving thanksgiving weekto join me. But screw it I'm going anyway.

Unfortunately the air BNB's in my price-range are 3 miles walk from atlantis and the first place I checked in with didn't recommend the walk at night.

There is however still a 1 Bedroom, 1 Pull out in the main room available right on Paradise Island for what works out to $150 a night for 2 people.

If there is anyone else in a similar situation (or a couple) who was on the fence about going solo, I figure I'd throw it out there as an opportunity to split the place down the middle and you can take the bedroom, I'll take the pull out for as many nights as you'll be on the island. I'll be there Tues to Tues.

More than happy to stay completely out of your way for the week or if you want to fill it with basketball junky conversation that's fine too.

Beyond my unhealthy obsession with UConn basketball I assure you I'm not a creep/mentally unstable. Can be verified.

Send me a direct message, if uninterested feel free to hang in this thread because I'm sure its going to go in some really strange places.

Oh, by the way, same invite applies for anyone who will be out there who wants to meet up for beers and talk Uconn after the games. If not I'll be forcing that conversation on strangers.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, smart move not staying three miles away.

Second, maybe think of a title that's more direct so that people can see what you're asking. I'll edit the post for you when you do.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Did you check with World Trek to see if they still have the ticket package available along with air and hotel? I'm still shopping for air fare and am staying at the Comfort Inn on PI. One nice thing there is that they offer breakfast and have a coffee maker, fridge and micro in room, so you can stock up with food instead of eating out all the time. I'm there from 11/24 to 11/28. Good luck in finding some one to share with, see you at the games.

Mrs Dribbles

Reaction Score
Borderline strange post here. I decided as soon as I heard Uconn and Cuse were both in the Atlantis field that I was going this year, unfortunately I couldn't sell any of my friends on leaving thanksgiving weekto join me. But screw it I'm going anyway.

Unfortunately the air BNB's in my price-range are 3 miles walk from atlantis and the first place I checked in with didn't recommend the walk at night.

There is however still a 1 Bedroom, 1 Pull out in the main room available right on Paradise Island for what works out to $150 a night for 2 people.

If there is anyone else in a similar situation (or a couple) who was on the fence about going solo, I figure I'd throw it out there as an opportunity to split the place down the middle and you can take the bedroom, I'll take the pull out for as many nights as you'll be on the island. I'll be there Tues to Tues.

More than happy to stay completely out of your way for the week or if you want to fill it with basketball junky conversation that's fine too.

Beyond my unhealthy obsession with UConn basketball I assure you I'm not a creep/mentally unstable. Can be verified.

Send me a direct message, if uninterested feel free to hang in this thread because I'm sure its going to go in some really strange places.

Oh, by the way, same invite applies for anyone who will be out there who wants to meet up for beers and talk Uconn after the games. If not I'll be forcing that conversation on strangers.

Let me see if my wife will let me. I'm harmless, don't drink too much and I'm very quiet. Outside of the occasional snore every second and a few loud butt burps every 3 minutes I'm a treat to be around. Did I mention I really don't drink all that much when I'm away?

I will get back to you. ;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Let me see if my wife will let me. I'm harmless, don't drink too much and I'm very quiet. Outside of the occasional snore every second and a few loud butt burps every 3 minutes I'm a treat to be around. Did I mention I really don't drink all that much when I'm away?

I will get back to you. ;)

And clearly a pathological liar.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

If you change the title to "BofA: need help" you probably will get different responses.
Or better "BofA: $75/night available!" That will generate interest.

Reaction Score
Don't trust this guy - he has funny hair.
997.jpg

I'd be up for this, particularly if Mau is on board.

Reaction Score
I can vouch for Oak. I was one of the friends who wasn't able to go. He's as normal a guy gets. Can't go wrong with sharing a place with him.
My reason for turning the trip down is that it's my dad's 70th the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Good luck. And see you in Houston and Maui.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Did you check with World Trek to see if they still have the ticket package available along with air and hotel? I'm still shopping for air fare and am staying at the Comfort Inn on PI. One nice thing there is that they offer breakfast and have a coffee maker, fridge and micro in room, so you can stock up with food instead of eating out all the time. I'm there from 11/24 to 11/28. Good luck in finding some one to share with, see you at the games.

Mrs Dribbles
I haven't looked at the package deals lately but airfare through southwest tues to tues is ~450 so my recollection is its a much better deal and it leaves out of Bradley.

If I can manage to split the room thats airfare and hotel for $975 for a week for the main expenses + whatever the ticket costs. Very managable.

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan Over/under days on island before our Brimah blowout?

Wouldn't be one! ;)

But your buddy said your as normal as normal gets. I could cloud your Thanksgiving hoops festivities because I'm potentially on the other end of that spectrum.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Oh, my.

The kid's liver is not making off that island alive.

Reaction Score

Are you cute?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So...umm...what do you look like?

Reaction Score
A bunch of dude's thinking their talking to women?

You guys keep making this weirder and your going to kill any chance I have here.

Just kidding. I may go, but will likely have my family in tow if I do. They don't care too much for the hotel, but love the water park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom