OT: - Bad/cliche/cult movie recommendations | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Bad/cliche/cult movie recommendations

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sure, with a couple of clarifications. RoboCop wasn't really cheesy. It was a serious film addressing some serious points and I think some people just missed that due to the violence. Total Recall reboot was viewed as a correction for similar reasons, the story wasn't really meant to be told the way it originally was. The more tense Collin Farrell version was entirely different and thus ok. Kind of like the Dune remake.

This is getting of the intended track certainly, but corporate greed and corruption of an overwhelmed privatized for-profit police force, leading to greater socio-economic disparity of a major US city has one target. Action, explosions, violence, and "mature" content has another.

Certainly, there is crossover, but if a screenwriter or director thinks that millions of theater-goers, as a whole, didn't fully comprehend their underlying "artist" vision of a popcorn flick, I can't fathom thinking the millions of theater-goers are to blame.

Take the following as an example. Roadhouse 2 was direct to video and was awful. Does demand actually exist for a "remake" of the original Roadhouse? Of course it appears to be only loosely related to the plot of Roadhouse. In which case there is little reason, other than to avoid being sued, to call it Roadhouse...2/10. Yeah, I'll probably watch it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sure, with a couple of clarifications. RoboCop wasn't really cheesy. It was a serious film addressing some serious points and I think some people just missed that due to the violence. Total Recall reboot was viewed as a correction for similar reasons, the story wasn't really meant to be told the way it originally was. The more tense Collin Farrell version was entirely different and thus ok. Kind of like the Dune remake.
Total Recall is based on the original short novel We Can Remember It For You Wholesale. The original movie follows the storyline much more closely. Other than the basic concept of hidden memories, the Colin Farrell version really is a new plot that capitalizes on a familiar title. For what it's worth the original story is pretty campy as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom