OT: - Bad/cliche/cult movie recommendations | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Bad/cliche/cult movie recommendations

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The lines from Army of Darkness.

Yo she bitch. Let's go.

That movie may have more great lines than any other movie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are a horrible human being for listing this movie in this thread.
Cult classic. You are a horrible human being for not listing it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cult classic. You are a horrible human being for not listing it.

Thst was a borderline award winning movie.

It's a remote dropper for me. If I'm channel surfing and this is one, I drop the remote.

Probably have seen it at least 100 times.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That movie may have more great lines than any other movie.

First you wanna kill, now you wanna kiss me. Blow.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

CL82

Reaction Score
Thst was a borderline award winning movie.

It's a remote dropper for me. If I'm channel surfing and this is one, I drop the remote.

Probably have seen it at least 100 times.
Are you saying it should win the "borderline award" as in it is borderline watchable. You are just digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself my friend.

Borderline films do not have quality stunt work like this:

Roadhouse Roundhouse Kick GIF by MetzgerBrenner

Patrick Swayze kicks this guy so hard, he loses 40 pounds before he flies through the window.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How about "Undercover Brother." Probably pretty badly un-PC now, but maybe several others listed fit that as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
More so bad it's good than a cult classic, but Vertical Limit is unintentionally hilarious. They got absolutely everything about climbing totally wrong in this film, and that was even with having at the time maybe the world's best mountaineer Ed Viesturs as a technical consult (and cameo appearance). Can only assume they ignored everything that Viesturs told them. Saw it in the theater with some climbing buddies. We kept laughing hysterically and everybody around us wondered what was wrong with us.

Kind of the same, but not quite as bad is Stallone's "Cliffhanger."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pretty much all of Arnie's movies? Total Recall and Running Man are pretty bad. Watched them sort of recently and was amazed at how crappy they were, and wondered how my teenage self didn't notice.

Okay, okay, Terminator and T2 probably hold up fairly well still, definitely compared to most of his stuff.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anything directed by Uwe Boll is gonna be really bad.

Reaction Score
Revenge of the Nerds. Half the hijinks those crazy kids get into would likely land them in jail today.

We have bush! We have bush!

Reaction Score

Some might say it is painful to watch, but to that I replay "Pain don't hurt."

I classify Road House as the worst movie I've seen the most times. Absolutely love it.

As far as cult classics, The Big Lebowski may be the king of them.

CL82

Reaction Score
Total Recall and Running Man are pretty bad. Watched them sort of recently and was amazed at how crappy they were.
Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

(They are dated, to be sure, but I still prefer the original version of total recall to the recent remake.)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

(They are dated, to be sure, but I still prefer the original version of total recall to the recent remake.)
The remake was pretty soulless and unnecessary, but that doesn't make the original any better.

CL82

Reaction Score
The remake was pretty soulless and unnecessary, but that doesn't make the original any better.
Soulless? Soulless?

how can a movie with such quality such as "Benny, you're screwed" and "consider this a divorce" be considered soulless?

arnold schwarzenegger top GIF by FILMTASTIC

"Think about it"

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Soulless? Soulless?

how can a movie with such quality such as "Benny, you're screwed" and "consider this a divorce" be considered soulless?

"Think about it"
I was talking about the remake.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Soulless? Soulless?

"Think about it"
I mean, Sharon Stone in that film simply melts the screen. Nobody has ever looked better than that. Then you’ve got the woman with 3 um…yes. That is a timeless classic. Comedy all along the way. I do think the remake was also good, only because Colin Farrell is always good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I mean, Sharon Stone in that film simply melts the screen. Nobody has ever looked better than that. Then you’ve got the woman with 3 um…yes. That is a timeless classic. Comedy all along the way. I do think the remake was also good, only because Colin Farrell is always good.
No argument about Sharon. Although the remake had Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale. The original was absolutely cheesy. The remake is more serious. It's not terrible, but it's extremely forgettable.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Red Dawn (original). If we are talking Cult Classics rather than "so bad it is good" then Lost Boys is a timeless classic. Another Cult classic that is actually good, The Crow.
Any originally cheesy movie that under went a recent remake (2000 or more recent) is a winner. The remakes were unnecessary money grabs, whose mere existence should be roundly denounced. Cheese is what made the originals so good. The reason the remakes largely fell flat was they were incapable of capturing the unintentional flippancy of the original.

There was no entertainment reason to redo Point Break, Red Dawn, Footloose, RoboCop, The Karate Kid and Total Recall. There was also no Earthy reason for Roadhouse to have a sequel either.

That said, the above originals are all terrific for the proposed thread topic.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Figured I'd reach out to the learn-ed minds of the boneyard for this. My friends and I do a monthly "bad-movie" night where we watch some really bad films, get drunk, and do our own version of mystery science theater 3000 mocking them. They don't have to be bad movies per se. We've watched Batman & Robin, Suburban Commando, Highlander, Cannibal the Musical, etc.... The most recent movie was Thankskilling which was the worst thing ever created. Looking for recommendations for future iterations.
The Wraith has phenomenal MST3000 protentional.

I know because a group of my friends and I have done it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Any originally cheesy movie that under went a recent remake (2000 or more recent) is a winner. The remakes were unnecessary money grabs, whose mere existence should be roundly denounced. Cheese is what made the originals so good. The reason the remakes largely fell flat was they were incapable of capturing the unintentional flippancy of the original.

There was no entertainment reason to redo Point Break, Red Dawn, Footloose, RoboCop, The Karate Kid and Total Recall. There was also no Earthy reason for Roadhouse to have a sequel either.

That said, the above originals are all terrific for the proposed thread topic.
Sure, with a couple of clarifications. RoboCop wasn't really cheesy. It was a serious film addressing some serious points and I think some people just missed that due to the violence. Total Recall reboot was viewed as a correction for similar reasons, the story wasn't really meant to be told the way it originally was. The more tense Collin Farrell version was entirely different and thus ok. Kind of like the Dune remake.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If you want to go low budget horror, and are from the northeast, Block Island Sound is pretty special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom