Auburn board talking about SEC rumor... | The Boneyard

Auburn board talking about SEC rumor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's probably a premium board that no one here is likely to have access to.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well doesn't the subject of the post say it all?

UCONN TO SEC.....puke

The must have mispelled "Duke". Common failing of Auburn grads or they just adopted our nickname for them and forgot to captitalize.

Reaction Score
Can someone please summarize what is being said? Don't have membership.

This about sums it up:
"The day the SEC admits a yankee team into the league is the day I renew my interests in crocheting and tiddlywinks."

Reaction Score
I was actually thinking if we went to the SEC, we'd be renamed the "UConn Yankees" by the SEC.

Reaction Score
It doesn't help that our band plays the Battle Hymn of the Republic before every game dressed in Union Blue. Might have to switch to Dixie which is a song that ironically Lincoln liked alot, one of his favorites.

Reaction Score
It doesn't help that our band plays the Battle Hymn of the Republic before every game dressed in Union Blue. Might have to switch to Dixie which is a song that ironically Lincoln liked alot, one of his favorites.
After spending 3 days in a hotel of all South Carolina fans, I would have to say the band playing this in Birmingham was one of my happiest moments as a husky fan

Reaction Score
Wrong answer. You correct it by kicking ass on the football field and out ranking the ones that would laugh at you.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That's fine and dandy but it won't change the perception, at least not for a few years if not decades if we can't get in a league with some recognition. We already kicked SC's butt but I don't imagine that made much of a dent in their minds. Heck, it wasn't enough of a dent to get us in the ACC ahead of Louisville.

Reaction Score
You put in the same sweat equity that the Alabama's & the Auburn's & the Ohio St's have put in over the last century. What did you guys think was going to happen when UConn went D-1? We were gonna recruit 5 or 6 guys, win a conference tourney and go to the big dance? Sorry guys but putting in your dues in college football is a lot more involved than it is in basketball. You have to earn respect in a sport that has been around longer than basketball.

Reaction Score
So, we've got a century to wait until UConn goes to a better conference. I'll plan accordingly.
No. But don't think your gonna put a mediocre football product out there for a decade or so and try and call in some lame chips like "well we are 30th in the TV market" or "we belong more than somebody else because we have a basketball team that can compete in a football driven entity". Come on man, let UConn whip Michigan this year, clean up on their league and win a bowl game. Then next year win 10 or more games in a season and end up ranked. Then do better than that the following year. That's what I'm talking about as far as sweat equity and paying your dues. "Put up or shut up!" Walk the walk then maybe one of these other conferences will talk.

Reaction Score
We need to pay our dues.

You know, like Rutgers did.

Wait...
Pretty obvious they did something that UConn didn't do now isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom