Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Coordinator Job listed | The Boneyard

Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Coordinator Job listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This tells me that Diaco already has his man and is now merely going through the formalities.

Yup - "Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled."

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It is a state job and you have to post the position.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
They are aiming high at least...

Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree; ten years of full-time experience as a collegiate football coach at the FBS level; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree; three years of full-time experience (within the past five years) as an Offensive Coordinator at the FBS level.

Reaction Score
They are aiming high at least...

Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree; ten years of full-time experience as a collegiate football coach at the FBS level; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree; three years of full-time experience (within the past five years) as an Offensive Coordinator at the FBS level.

The preferred qualification eliminates Mike Groh, TJ too. I have to assume the whoever Diaco has up his sleeve they are currently an offensive coordinator at a FBS school. Maybe a MAC offensive coordinator?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They usually pick their guy and then post it to match the choice. 10 years FBS coaching experience ......like it.

This is exactly what's done for all high paying state jobs.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The preferred qualification eliminates Mike Groh, TJ too. I have to assume the whoever Diaco has up his sleeve they are currently an offensive coordinator at a FBS school. Maybe a MAC offensive coordinator?
The interesting thing is the parenthetical "(within the last five years)". I'm wondering if the guy they are going to hire was an OC at a lower-level FBS school and then left two years ago to take on a lesser position at a higher-level FBS school.

Reaction Score
The interesting thing is the parenthetical "(within the last five years)". I'm wondering if the guy they are going to hire was an OC at a lower-level FBS school and then left two years ago to take on a lesser position at a higher-level FBS school.

good catch, I was trying to decipher that as well, your guess makes sense

Reaction Score

Could also mean somebody that was an OC at a 1A school, and went to be a head coach at 1-AA, or took a position, in the NFL, or was out of football.......

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both Haywood and Long also have the HC experience that would fit the duties of an Asst Head Coach.

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was going to apply for the position but lost interest at ccreating a user name.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01