As he tries to re-energize Brooklyn, Kevin Ollie’s willing to repair his side of bridge to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

As he tries to re-energize Brooklyn, Kevin Ollie’s willing to repair his side of bridge to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not a fan of Ollie but he can come back if he apologizes to Calhoun for shunning him and Calhoun accepts him back. Otherwise bye bye
Ha, I kinda feel the same way. Inviting Ollie back without Calhoun’s blessing would be a major slap in the face. Maybe they already settled their differences, idk, but if they haven’t then Ollie should never be welcomed back.

Reaction Score
He completely removed the program from the national conversation. Turned us into a mid-major after 26 years of effort from JC. Pre-championship Hurley did not sugar coat it. Start @ 1:36:00

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Without Calhoun’s blessing it’s a mute situation. Coming from someone who is an Ollie sympathizer.

That’s really the only relationship that needs healing. Once that’s healed it doesn’t matter what administration thinks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The funniest part about all of this is that the people who were most spectacularly wrong about the outcome of Ollie’s case continue to litigate their position on this board and have the temerity to call the people who were correct about the outcome from inception “clueless.” It’s great. Self-awareness is overrated anyway.
It's almost as funny as the people on here who never took a position, but then afterwards try to victory lap as if they did. It's kind of funny until you realize how desperate they are for validation.

Reaction Score
I just don’t see the big deal here.

It’s basketball and he’s a major part of our programs history.

Life is short. Meet half way, squash whatever beef, and everyone gets celebrated.

We look bad to every non UConn fan. At a certain point you’re cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Hurley thinks it’s good for the program and I trust him

Reaction Score
It's almost as funny as the people on here who never took a position, but then afterwards try to victory lap as if they did. It's kind of funny until you realize how desperate they are for validation.

You keep fighting that good fight. You’ll be right one of these days.

Reaction Score
And? Neither does anyone else here? We're having a discussion about it ya dinglehopper
I’m already over him. It was bad, he was bad, and he even won a lot of money for it. But it’s over. So is his marriage, and a chunk of his reputation and respect from many here it seems. If Dan (and JC) are ok, then I am too.

Reaction Score
I just don't obsess over this like a lot of people here do. But explain to me like an adult what would be the downside of this being smoothed over, and both sides reconciling? The guy is a big part of UConn history either way.
Coach Calhoun makes the decision and only him!

Reaction Score
I just don’t see the big deal here.

It’s basketball and he’s a major part of our programs history.

Life is short. Meet half way, squash whatever beef, and everyone gets celebrated.

We look bad to every non UConn fan. At a certain point you’re cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Hurley thinks it’s good for the program and I trust him
Non UConn fans don't give a cr@p.

Reaction Score
That’s absurd. For the vast majority of Division 1 programs Ollie would be remembered as the coach who brought them their only national championship, because at most places they have zero.

The university made a stupid gamble and it blew up in their faces. End of story. They should have negotiated a buyout like any other “big time” program would have done and put it to bed. They tried to be too clever and ended up with egg on their faces.
Best possible way of expressing the situation. Couldn't agree more.

Reaction Score
I’m already over him. It was bad, he was bad, and he even won a lot of money for it. But it’s over. So is his marriage, and a chunk of his reputation and respect from many here it seems. If Dan (and JC) are ok, then I am too.
Yeah, he won his own money. Real lucky guy.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Non UConn fans don’t know we hate the guy. The see absolutely no reason why we would. And when explained we look bad. At least from my experience. He’s remembered as “the coach that won a championship at UConn”.
well, he is.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I have nothing but love for KO.

$5million gets his EZ Pass reinstated on the bridge to UConn though.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He has twice as many nattys than Hurley
Kevin Ollie has twice as many earned NCAA National Championship rings as Dan Hurley.
Tyler Olander and Jim Boeheim are more commonly described that way in this forum.

I wrote some wordy meditation on the often ignored distinctions between writing in the first person and writing in the third person; using active verbs vs. the passive voice; mixing both of those within the same post; offering feelings, thoughts, and opinions as though they are facts; and how some people navigate this terrain unconsciously whereas others do so strategically, even manipulatively. And some folks seem to operate in complete ignorance or willful hostility to the above.

If Dan Hurley wants to broaden the welcome for historically significant UConn figures (as he has done for Ben Gordon and James Bouknight, who also generated a range of responses), he's in a current position to do so.

My earlier writing was better, but it disappeared somewhere along the way when I was looking to attach a song that I thought was relevant. You may know it better as a Doris Day song from an Alfred Hitchcock movie...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don’t care about the money - if I did, I would be more irritated about the money he took while not doing his job instead of being worried about the money he got afterwards.

He’s genuinely a bad guy who did bad things here.

He can come back when he fixes that. (He ain’t gonna fix that.)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie has twice as many earned NCAA National Championship rings as Dan Hurley.
Tyler Olander and Jim Boeheim are more commonly described that way in this forum.

I wrote some wordy meditation on the often ignored distinctions between writing in the first person and writing in the third person; using active verbs vs. the passive voice; mixing both of those within the same post; offering feelings, thoughts, and opinions as though they are facts; and how some people navigate this terrain unconsciously whereas others do so strategically, even manipulatively. And some folks seem to operate in complete ignorance or willful hostility to the above.

If Dan Hurley wants to broaden the welcome for historically significant UConn figures (as he has done for Ben Gordon and James Bouknight, who also generated a range of responses), he's in a current position to do so.

My earlier writing was better, but it disappeared somewhere along the way when I was looking to attach a song that I thought was relevant. You may know it better as a Doris Day song from an Alfred Hitchcock movie...

You're lickin the good sh?t Aaron Rodgers gets aren't ya?

toad GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You're lickin the good sh?t Aaron Rodgers gets aren't ya?
I haven't a good idea what either sentence means, but I'm open to anything that'll make it more clear, and I'll respond with equivalent sincerity if you honor the invitation.

EDIT: OK, if it's all on the paragraph in bold, that was offered fully in earnest. Lots of people in this thread seem to be invested in lobbying me, intimidating me, or otherwise trying to tell me how I should think or feel. Many represent deeply different stances from many others. In other words, I'm not objecting to any one point of view. I'm resistant to people trying to control me. But I'm continually interested in people claiming and sharing their own thoughts and feelings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn't spend a lot of time on it and life is too short to anyway. Forgive and forget.

KO is doing OK, and that's, OK. Bring him back. What's the worst that could happen, KO starts donating big $$ to NIL? So be it.

Reaction Score
A lot of these responses reminds me of why living in CT was sometimes annoying. Lots of sticks up butts. As long as he gives back the money or hard pass LOL what losers on here. Lots of these posters I’ve probably punched in the face. News flash, your opinions don’t matter, if the school wants to reconcile then that’s all that matters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You keep fighting that good fight. You’ll be right one of these days.
Lol, and you don't ever take a position until a thing is decided. Having a backbone is overrated.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr