As he tries to re-energize Brooklyn, Kevin Ollie’s willing to repair his side of bridge to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

As he tries to re-energize Brooklyn, Kevin Ollie’s willing to repair his side of bridge to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I have a hearty dislike for people who get paid a ton of money to do a job and they just mail it in, so I’m a no for now. In time and under certain circumstances I might be swayed but he dug a really big hole despite leading us to a title and the respect I have for him as a player.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It wasn’t just recruiting. It was Xs and Os in terms of game planning and in-game adjustments (how many horrific losses did we have?). And worst of all, it was player development. Hamilton, Adams and Brimah made no progress under KO. The staff just completely took its foot of the pedal, and that’s on KO. You’re sugarcoating things.

All that said, that’s just a lack of performance. And I don’t blame him for suing; UConn clearly fired him because of performance, not violations. Fishy is making rather nasty allegations about things KO supposedly did, but unless someone’s going to tell me what those things are, then I’m going to remain in favor of mending fences.

TL;DR As someone said above, multiple things can be true at once.
I’m not saying everything was great or perfect. I’m just saying it wasn’t as bad as people make it seem. We still went to the tournament in 2016, won the AAC tournament, and lost to a Kansas juggernaut that year.

It was really those two god awful years, one caused by injury and that was it. Recruiting was bad for literally one year and even that one year ended up having some really quality players.

I agree with everything you’re saying at the end of the day. Like you said multiple things can be true at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom