Article on the new Huskies - Azura and Batouly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Article on the new Huskies - Azura and Batouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno in Europe "scouting" ? Scouting would be in relation to Olympic duties, but what Olympians are actually playing ball in Europe right now?
Recruiting would make more sense in relation to UCONN duties @U17 in Spain. Can some please clarify?
I believe most of the European Olympic teams are playing 'friendlies' as they build up to the Olympics, but he did make the trip to Spain as well.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Geno in Europe "scouting" ? Scouting would be in relation to Olympic duties, but what Olympians are actually playing ball in Europe right now?
Recruiting would make more sense in relation to UCONN duties @U17 in Spain. Can some please clarify?

Spain, did you say? Could Salvadores be the next transfer?:cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Agree, and I think it stands out that she is the one that only has two years of eligibility left, but also comes in with perhaps the most unique skills and upside. Hunter though injured was certainly a comparably ranked player - unfortunately her medical status never allowed her to play fully healthy at Uconn.
Brit Hunter was #1 in her class before injury, and we saw glimpses of her talent at Duke and UConn. She clearly had NPOY ability. Azura is a very good player, but may not have the potential that Brit had. Though the situation was different, the mostly highly regarded transfer ever was EDD. Another top transfer, not involving UConn, was Diamond. We'll see where her career goes. One might argue that the top 3 transfers ever were: EDD, Brit, and Diamond.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Brit Hunter was #1 in her class before injury, and we saw glimpses of her talent at Duke and UConn. She clearly had NPOY ability. Azura is a very good player, but may not have the potential that Brit had. Though the situation was different, the mostly highly regarded transfer ever was EDD. Another top transfer, not involving UConn, was Diamond. We'll see where her career goes. One might argue that the top 3 transfers ever were: EDD, Brit, and Diamond.
EDD-as @meyers7 would say, can't count as a transfer if you don't actually make it to your first class.
Diamond, Brit & Azura all had injuries which limited their impact but Azura's first two years are better than Diamond's first two, and probably better than Brit's entire 4 years.
One other name that deserves consideration is Lexie Brown because of what she accomplished as PG on consecutive FF teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
EDD-as @meyers7 would say, can't count as a transfer if you don't actually make it to your first class.
Diamond, Brit & Azura all had injuries which limited their impact but Azura's first two years are better than Diamond's first two, and probably better than Brit's entire 4 years.
One other name that deserves consideration is Lexie Brown because of what she accomplished as PG on consecutive FF teams.
I agree about Azura's career being better than Brit's, but Brit had Tina Charles ability. Brit might be on the Olympic team if she were healthy. I'm not sure if Azura has NPOY potential, but she does have AA potential.

Lexie is a very good player, but I'd put her below Brit in terms of potential. In high school, she was ranked higher than Azura. Lexie will play at the next level.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree about Azura's career being better than Brit's, but Brit had Tina Charles ability. Brit might be on the Olympic team if she were healthy. I'm not sure if Azura has NPOY potential, but she does have AA potential.

Lexie is a very good player, but I'd put her below Brit in terms of potential. In high school, she was ranked higher than Azura. Lexie will play at the next level.
I see where we are talking pass each other. You are talking potential. I'm talking about what they have actually done/did. IMO Azura will battle Turner and Wilson for POY in the 2017-18 season. for the 18-19 season she might be THE NPOY candidate to beat.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I see where we are talking pass each other. You are talking potential. I'm talking about what they have actually done/did. IMO Azura will battle Turner and Wilson for POY in the 2017-18 season. for the 18-19 season she might be THE NPOY candidate to beat.
Brittany was a monster as a freshman and I had a better freshman year than Azura, even playing through her knee injury. From then on she was never the same player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brittany was a monster as a freshman and I had a better freshman year than Azura, even playing through her knee injury. From then on she was never the same player.

I didn't see Hunter as a freshmen, but her stats sure aren't as good as Stevens' in their first years.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What was your FG% that year anyway? I'll admit mine was zero, but my HORSE numbers were slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom