Arkeel Newsome | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arkeel Newsome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Don't get your hopes up guys! Newsome wants to go to a Florida school. If one of them offer he is not coming to Uconn.

florida has offered 10 different 2014 class rbs already
fsu has offered 6 already. fsu has 1 rb commit for 2014 already and a 2nd that is a "ath" right now position tbd but is a stud hs rb.
miami has offered 6 already
-a good chunk of these offers are to florida kids who wont have to go far from home. 3 of them are kids in miami and florida has a kid from gainesville just waiting to give his verbal.
-2 of the offers these schools have out are to northern kids who they clearly rank higher that newsome. outlow has every offer in the bcs but has yet to be caught by recruit sites.

newsome is a stud and so are outlow, thomas and a couple other 2014 new england rbs. but bsides outlow, i find it hard to believe they will be going south based on slots being filled alone.

thanks for your spot on analysis of the florida rb situation with newsome. carry on.

Reaction Score
florida has offered 10 different 2014 class rbs already
fsu has offered 6 already. fsu has 1 rb commit for 2014 already and a 2nd that is a "ath" right now position tbd but is a stud hs rb.
miami has offered 6 already
-a good chunk of these offers are to florida kids who wont have to go far from home. 3 of them are kids in miami and florida has a kid from gainesville just waiting to give his verbal.
-2 of the offers these schools have out are to northern kids who they clearly rank higher that newsome. outlow has every offer in the bcs but has yet to be caught by recruit sites.

newsome is a stud and so are outlow, thomas and a couple other 2014 new england rbs. but bsides outlow, i find it hard to believe they will be going south based on slots being filled alone.

thanks for your spot on analysis of the florida rb situation with newsome. carry on.

I can guarantee you hes not coming to Uconn. Mark my words..

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im in a good mood and decided to post on the board 2night more than just a few recruiting things to help the board. so lets dive further into this as i am pretty dam upset that the central ct coach has yet to offer newsome but yet the umass coach has. that pisses me off ccsu doesn't want to keep the best recruits home, really iches my balloon knot

-sonny michael has a top 3 of fsu, fl and nd. all 3 major fl schools have offered him. he is from ft laud so he is close to usf/ucf land. considering fsu rb commits already i would say its nd vs fl.
-tony james is from gainesville and high on fl, fsu, miami and tosu.
-joe yearby has verbaled to fsu
-jalen hurd is from tenn. he has offers from everyone and has a top 2 of tosu and fl. that tells me betwenn him and tony james most likely 1 of those are going to the state of fl atleast.
-tj harrells best offer among many is fl, hes a local

i can go on. its nice that newsome has florida and big time school dreams. but he has said several times florida and uconn are his favorites right now. who knows where he ends up and if uconn cna land him or not. but lets be real about newsome and florida. hes a one hell of a rb prospect but hes not on floridas top 10 list for the position. how much lower is he on the board for them? who knows, but i find it hard to believe florida will have to go lower that a 10 spot at a position on ther board for 1 rb. they have 2 rbs in the 2013 class, 1 in the 2012 class and 2 in 2011. they will land 1 rb for 2014 and maybe need a 2nd based off things i dont know roster wise.

i will wait and see but i find newsome getting a fl offer and giving a verbal before they fill slots extemely slim. not to mention they have taken 2 rbs in the past couple years that are newsome size apb types. how many do they need on that roster? well my fun here is done. i hope the kid lands every offer he wants and gets to pick his dream school. i also hope uconn is the pick. but lets be real here instead of act like a providence bball fan when talking about uconn recruits. enjoy tuesday.

i asume the minute i posted this florida will offer and kirk at iowa will be at ansonia hs 2moro to offer...

Reaction Score
im in a good mood and decided to post on the board 2night more than just a few recruiting things to help the board. so lets dive further into this as i am pretty dam upset that the central ct coach has yet to offer newsome but yet the umass coach has. that pisses me off ccsu doesn't want to keep the best recruits home, really iches my balloon knot

-sonny michael has a top 3 of fsu, fl and nd. all 3 major fl schools have offered him. he is from ft laud so he is close to usf/ucf land. considering fsu rb commits already i would say its nd vs fl.
-tony james is from gainesville and high on fl, fsu, miami and tosu.
-joe yearby has verbaled to fsu
-jalen hurd is from tenn. he has offers from everyone and has a top 2 of tosu and fl. that tells me betwenn him and tony james most likely 1 of those are going to the state of fl atleast.
-tj harrells best offer among many is fl, hes a local

i can go on. its nice that newsome has florida and big time school dreams. but he has said several times florida and uconn are his favorites right now. who knows where he ends up and if uconn cna land him or not. but lets be real about newsome and florida. hes a one hell of a rb prospect but hes not on floridas top 10 list for the position. how much lower is he on the board for them? who knows, but i find it hard to believe florida will have to go lower that a 10 spot at a position on ther board for 1 rb. they have 2 rbs in the 2013 class, 1 in the 2012 class and 2 in 2011. they will land 1 rb for 2014 and maybe need a 2nd based off things i dont know roster wise.

i will wait and see but i find newsome getting a fl offer and giving a verbal before they fill slots extemely slim. not to mention they have taken 2 rbs in the past couple years that are newsome size apb types. how many do they need on that roster? well my fun here is done. i hope the kid lands every offer he wants and gets to pick his dream school. i also hope uconn is the pick. but lets be real here instead of act like a providence bball fan when talking about uconn recruits. enjoy tuesday.

i asume the minute i posted this florida will offer and kirk at iowa will be at ansonia hs 2moro to offer...
Come on man. No need to pick fun or throw stones at CCSU. I could only wish for him to come to my Alma Mater that I played for. I have no answer on where hes going. My gut feeling is he will not accept a scholarship to play at UCONN.

Reaction Score
CSUBD - The optimist in me wants you to continue to post on this topic. 7 posts ago you said "guarantee" and "mark my words". Your last post said "My gut feeling ...".

Continuing the pattern ... your next post should say "I have no clue ..." :)

I just want what is best for the young man. UCONN or not, I hope he makes a decision based on logic and reason.

Reaction Score
I have never seen Newsome in person but have heard some opinions that his size might limit him in terms of offers as a RB. Again, I don't know how big he is so I have no opinion on it just relaying someone else's thoughts.

way to deflect.......LOL. Yes you've got an opinion on it!! Just say you heard the kid is vertically challenged and stop blaming others. It's the truth. :)

I've seen the kid, and your thoughts are legit. Tall QB's are going to have a long reach to get the ball into the bread basket on hand offs with the kid. Tough to play fake. There will be questions as to his ability to take on blocks that a TB needs to take on in division 1.

That he's got the vision and speed to find his way through the field and carry the pig, is not a question though.

pj

Reaction Score
I have no answer on where hes going. My gut feeling is he will not accept a scholarship to play at UCONN.

Do you know him? Or are you just guessing?

Reaction Score
Yes, he has said Florida was his dream school, he's a big fan of their program. Will Florida offer? Maybe, maybe not. Let's not forget Addazio is no longer at Florida. So there is no NE connection. Newsome has camped there, so they are aware of his ability, but with so many kids similar, in their back yard, that offer might be hard to come by. The kid is a legit talent, and works hard. Other offers will come in, but right now it's UConn and UMass. If that doesn't change, I like our chances. Especially, with TJ Weist around.

Reaction Score
Good letter from Marazzi. Thing about Newsome and FL is that they probably see a lot of backs that look similar to him. He would have to really stand out somewhere and even then may not be a priority. I wouldn't give up on him.

Reaction Score
Don't see Newsome going to a Florida school. UF is the only option and it doesn't seem realistic. FSU has Yearby. Miami will have Sony Michel and Dalvin Cook. I don't know where he's going but dont think its there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom