Are we emotionally and physically prepared for Geno's retirement? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are we emotionally and physically prepared for Geno's retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would think breaking the most wins record is on his list. He enjoys what he's doing so I would think he hangs in there for a while. One other thought Im sure UConn and Geno have a plan where when that time is coming there will be a smooth transition, and he will have less respondsibilities and perhaps another asst coach to help out and move in to the coaching ranks with who ever is the next coach.

Reaction Score
If DT got his job, she probably wouldn't even have to recruit. If Geno ever retires, UConn will not diminish. We are here to stay!

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
What will you do following Geno’s retirement?
index.jpg

Does THIS answer your question??

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I am not worried, as I am convinced that DT will take over when Geno retires and things will go on as they are supposed to.
You know what Zorro- she may be the only Person with a personality Big Enough to fill our or at least my emotional void. I always thought Jen Rizzotti would be the heir apparent. But we may need a Turasi or a Bird, with the right characters along side to carry the torch. It really will be a dark day, for me anyway.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I have no idea when Geno will retire but what concerns me when the time comes is I'm guessing that CD will retire along side him. That will leave four really huge shoes to fill.
I think CD is only a sixe 6??? :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No problem with Geno's retirement all things change. Enjoy the moment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing really readies you for it but a quality coach in waiting makes a world of difference. At the end of the day, there is no replacing Geno and CD. We'll just have to move on. Enjoy it while it lasts though, I doubt anyone will see a run like this again, ever.

Reaction Score
I would be happy for Geno. He has certainly earned his retirement and I would support his replacement, whoever he/she is.

Reaction Score
Why would you worry about that for 1 second.........Enjoy the moment and I am looking forward to the Tuls game at 3............Life is too short.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I think the 11 title Mark is the big note for him, and not so much the total wins. He's already fastest to get to the big milestones and highest winning percentage. Ideally he would leave with a phenomenal core of players returning which would help the next coach immensely! Not losing sleep for sure.

Reaction Score
There are a strangely high number of speculative polls and opinion pieces on Geno's departure and/or prospective replacement. I'm not prepared, concerned, worried or even thinking about Geno retiring. Heck he's just getting started. The average life expectancy is getting longer but aside from that why dwell on endings? Or for that matter the next 2 championships. Or for that matter on the recruiting class of 2018. IMO far too much time is spent by people on what will happen 1, 5 or 10 years from now. To me it's far more enjoyable focusing on the marvelous team at UCONN right now! We're so lucky being fans of UCONN. Especially for those of us in areas socked in by snow, ice & cold. To have a great bunch of team players and people to watch in action several times a week. And now that March madness is almost upon us, pondering the future 10 years out isn't something I want to waste my time on.

PS: I'm not even quite sure yet what I'm going to do in MY retirement, let alone what I'm going to do when Geno retires. :p
100% correct

Reaction Score
His reign won’t last forever. Personally, I hope he coaches till he is in his 70’s. But many of us know (deep down) he will retire before then. We don’t want to think about it, do we? What will we do? You all know that CD will retire with him; don’t you?

I think, deep down, that the WBB program at UConn will quickly deteriorate following his departure.

Would Geno’s retirement be more traumatic than the death of a loved one? I have an uncle that I’d sacrifice for two more years of Geno at the helm.

But seriously, how would you deal with Geno’s retirement?

I’ve given this topic a lot of thought, but every time I get too deep in thought about it, I change the subject because I just can’t deal with it.

Am I alone here?

What will you do following Geno’s retirement?
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Geno has any short term retirement plans, meaning it isn't going to be this year or the next or even the one after that, unless something horrific happens to him or someone in his family, heaven forbid. If you're suggesting something traumatic, than I really don't understand why we would have to get an early start at "enduring our pain" for his retiring from the coaching ranks. Isn't this something much better opinioned when there's a real likelihood he's on the cusp of leaving the program????? Why would you feel the need to bring it up so overtly prematurely if you think people are going to have trauma and pain dealing with his retiring???? Do you get some perverse joy out of it? Do you talk to friends and family at length about what your or their passing will mean to those around you???? It makes absolutely no sense to do that, at this point. In the past others have talked vaguely about who might succeed Geno down the road but you seem to be far exceeding that generic type discussion. WHY????

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If UConn runs the table this year and has only one loss per year for the next six years, Geno/CD's winning percentage will surpass 90%.
I know that's highly unlikely, but their winning percentage could certainly be flirting with 90% if they go 6-10 more years with just a few losses per year and a couple more undefeated seasons. That is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom