April 2021 Recruiting (only) thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

April 2021 Recruiting (only) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Samantha Wagner? (@Sammie2023) Tweeted:
New Beginnings... #StillOnAMission https://post original url/cvrhiH17xJ

Reaction Score
UConn sent Todd a letter of interest in 2017. That doesn't confirm an offer but I'm not all that skeptical. She's a very fluid wing with real defensive potential. Ranked #17 at ASGR. She's no scrub.
I agree that she's not a scrub. I've seen her growth over the years. It's just what my feelings are on UCONN being in the picture. The other 4 seem like better fits for how she plays to me as well.

Reaction Score
So who do you think are the Canadian players Geno and CD are looking at? I remember when Geno was talking about Aaliyah's recruitment he discussed trying to get some Canadians in the plural not singular as in only Aaliyah...
Good question. Personally, I would have rated Lemyah Hilton over Todd. Unfortunately, I've haven't had an opportunity to see them match up one on one since they were in Grade 9. Don't know if there was ever any interest based on who she has in their top 10.

As for other Canadians, I would hope that Cassandra Prospere (sic) from Montreal is on their radar. Believe she's going into Grade 10 for 2021-2022. Another intriguing prospect could be a player by the name of Toby Fournier out of Toronto. The athleticism of these two players is one thing that sticks out. Instincts is another. Both are being trained in programs known for development (Captial Courts for Prospere, Crestwood for Fournier).

I know more about players from the Ontario region, however the rest of Canada is catching up. There could be more players out of Quebec that could be catching attention. That province doesn't get enough credit for developing NCAA ready players.

Reaction Score
Good question. Personally, I would have rated Lemyah Hilton over Todd. Unfortunately, I've haven't had an opportunity to see them match up one on one since they were in Grade 9. Don't know if there was ever any interest based on who she has in their top 10.

As for other Canadians, I would hope that Cassandra Prospere (sic) from Montreal is on their radar. Believe she's going into Grade 10 for 2021-2022. Another intriguing prospect could be a player by the name of Toby Fournier out of Toronto. The athleticism of these two players is one thing that sticks out. Instincts is another. Both are being trained in programs known for development (Captial Courts for Prospere, Crestwood for Fournier).

I know more about players from the Ontario region, however the rest of Canada is catching up. There could be more players out of Quebec that could be catching attention. That province doesn't get enough credit for developing NCAA ready players.
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
PN reports on the two new POI from February:

Coppinger’s physical growth over the past 18 months is a major propeller to her current success. She’s now able to make and complete plays that our staff could watch the Elite Is Earned Boost member trying to make but not completing. Coppinger is making those plays a reality now. Armed with fantastic size, skill and passing ability, she is one to keep a watch on in a loaded 2024 class nationwide.

Fiso is emerging as one of our favorite playmakers in the class nationally. She’s grown leaps and bounds physically since her Tree of Hope EYBL squad made the trip to Atlanta for the Brandon Clay Summer Invitational last July. Fiso is willing to shoot the 3-pointer when open now and is also starting to attack using her left hand too. That’s a major sign of growth for the EliteIsEarned Boost member.

Reaction Score
I agree that she's not a scrub. I've seen her growth over the years. It's just what my feelings are on UCONN being in the picture. The other 4 seem like better fits for how she plays to me as well.
I agree. I'd be beyond surprised if she even has a UConn offer.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

My pleasure. I wish I could provide more insight however COVID has made it difficult this year. There hasn't been any competitive basketball in Ontario and most of Canada for the past year. Canadian Nationals have been cancelled for the second year in a row too.

I know a couple teams crossed the border for Boo Williams this past weekend. Not sure how they did overall but there could be a couple more players that get on the radar of teams soon. I know the gentleman from ASGR tweeted a few names. Just can't remember them offhand.

Reaction Score

Very similar to Boston at the same age entering her JR year. Although IMO, more mobile and better offensively with better extension on all her shots. About an inch taller than Brady at 6-4 and gives good effort all the time. Going to be a strong college player.

Reaction Score
Forum Peers— I had intended this query as a post in the April Recruiting thread but now locked.

Responding to Sluconn Husky’s April 10th post re: KK Bransford v Ashlynn Shade AAU Midwest tourney matchup, I am interested in watching that Cinci Angels — Indy Lady Gym Rats game video on-demand. I checked the Prime Event series website but cannot locate.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?

Much obliged for any assistance here. ??

Reposting here given relevance & lacking response in separate thread. Grateful for any direction, folks...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Very similar to Boston at the same age entering her JR year. Although IMO, more mobile and better offensively with better extension on all her shots. About an inch taller than Brady at 6-4 and gives good effort all the time. Going to be a strong college player.

She's not as physical as Boston but there are some similarities.

Reaction Score
I agree. I'd be beyond surprised if she even has a UConn offer.
You may be correct. But, I would be surprised that Uconn would not be in her final 5 without an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom