AP/USA Today: Huskies expect to challenge for 8th title | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP/USA Today: Huskies expect to challenge for 8th title

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I typically stay away from these preseason projects, since you never really know how a team will gel and fit together.

But this year, it will UConn and Baylor, then a HUGE gap between everyone else. It's not even close, really.

Everyone is sleeping on Duke. They are only a notch below Uconn and Baylor.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, if everyone sleeping on Duke they will get beat by more than UConn and Baylor. Time to wake up the season is almost here.

Reaction Score
They're talented and will be on the same level defensively, but McCallie is such an abysmal offensive coach that it's tough to put them in the same level as UConn or Baylor.

I'm not sure I see Duke breaking 60 against either team, which they would almost certainly need to do to beat them.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
They're talented and will be on the same level defensively, but McCallie is such an abysmal offensive coach that it's tough to put them in the same level as UConn or Baylor.

I'm not sure I see Duke breaking 60 against either team, which they would almost certainly need to do to beat them.

I didn't put them on the same level. I said a notch below. But make no mistake about it, with one of the top point guards and one of the top centers along with a great supporting cast, they will not be as easy to beat as last year. Even at home.

Reaction Score
Fair points. I think they can be competitive with UConn and Baylor - I just don't realistically see them winning even at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom