AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're just a bundle of fun, aren't you?

Oh I'm sorry. Louisville your academic standards are not up to par.

The 18k of us who show up Thursday for Maine will have a good laugh over your academic shortcomings while we hope Oklahoma can convince Texas to pick us over BYU or Cinci or Houston.

Suck it Louisville.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I disagree - long term this will haunt them and the ACC. Academics does and will continue to matter - I would love to be a fly on the wall when the faculty lounge at Duke bustles on a Friday afternoon in the fall and the conversation turns to LV. When you lie down with dogs...

How will it haunt them? After their 20 year television contract runs out?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Regardless. Jurich so punked Warde it is ridiculous, and we are left hoping to be in the Little House on th Prairie League now. Nobody cares, they have it made. We may be effyoyseekayed.

Reaction Score
You sound like a guy who had his hockey team taken from him. Just relax, it's just college athletics. In the grand scheme of thing, UConn's academic profile is much more important than any athletics conference. UConn will be fine, no matter what conference were in. UConn will always field athletic teams that the university and state can be proud of. It may be at a lower level, but so be it. Be happy for what we have and stop coveting thy neighbors conference.

Reaction Score
I disagree - long term this will haunt them and the ACC. Academics does and will continue to matter - I would love to be a fly on the wall when the faculty lounge at Duke bustles on a Friday afternoon in the fall and the conversation turns to LV. When you lie down with dogs...
Haven't heard a peep from anyone in the ACC about UNC. Why should UL cause anyone to say something?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dude can't we just enjoy the schadenfreude for a bit?

You sound like a guy who had his hockey team taken from him. Just relax, it's just college athletics. In the grand scheme of thing, UConn's academic profile is much more important than any athletics conference. UConn will be fine, no matter what conference were in. UConn will always field athletic teams that the university and state can be proud of. It may be at a lower level, but so be it. Be happy for what we have and stop coveting thy neighbors conference.

Is this earth? We just need to be proud of our teams at a lower level?

Things will be fine no matter what conference UConn is in?

What are we enjoying over Louisville? I must be missing it.

Reaction Score

Just enjoy this football season and root for UConn. Don't worry about CR. Their is nothing we or anybody can do about it. The big12 will choose who they think will benefit the big12 the most. Just enjoy the season (the now). Everything else will take care of itself.

Reaction Score

I enjoy my pie, I mean cake and I want to eat it too - this is what we would all love to have. However, would you want that piece of paper you worked hard for, to mean what it does if you graduated from Louisville or what it means because you graduated from UConn? i.e., the sports in the IVY league are not to our level, but their degree is superior, so in your every day life, which is more meaningful? Now, this being a sports blog, about UConn, I want my cake and I want to eat it too! ...and so no, I wont be excited about UConn athletics if UConn can not get into the BIG XII.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I enjoy my pie, I mean cake and I want to eat it too - this is what we would all love to have. However, would you want that piece of paper you worked hard for, to mean what it does if you graduated from Louisville or what it means because you graduated from UConn? i.e., the sports in the IVY league are not to our level, but their degree is superior, so in your every day life, which is more meaningful? Now, this being a sports blog, about UConn, I want my cake and I want to eat it too! ...and so no, I wont be excited about UConn athletics if UConn can not get into the BIG XII.

If you've been out of college for more than 36 months nobody gives a damn where you went to college.

Reaction Score
We can't always get what we want. We may try sometime, but we might just find, we get what we need.

Reaction Score
It is hard to eat spam after you are used to steak

Reaction Score
The biggest joke in all of this is the ACC. Sure, it's all about the benjamins, but to take your prestige and academics and throw them to the birds, just sad. And to think it passed on UConn for that sham.

Edit - maybe this helps UConn and the Big 12. Any program can make a good run in any sport, but becoming a top university is no easy task. Go for academics and the sports will follow.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah the ACC and their TV network and deal until the mid 2030's is a joke. Having two of the five best teams in the country is a joke.

They have a real problem with putting teams in the national championship game.

Reaction Score

The 18k of us who show up Thursday for Maine will have a good laugh over your academic shortcomings while we hope Oklahoma can convince Texas to pick us over BYU or Cinci or Houston.

Suck it Louisville.

18k? Whaler, I know you post a lot, but I am not sure if you are a UConn fan.? Let's make a deal - in BY tracking history- if only 18k show up for Maine you will not post for 2 weeks. If more than 18k show up then uou can postt.

pw: From my perspective you are a tool 18K ha. So buzz off.

Reaction Score
Yeah the ACC and their TV network and deal until the mid 2030's is a joke. Having two of the five best teams in the country is a joke.

They have a real problem with putting teams in the national championship game.
If you want to believe louisville is equivalent to, say, the University of Michigan, no one will waste his time trying to convince you otherwise. By your logic, you'd prefer a degree from louisville over harvard because louisville makes a boatload more tv money. ludicrous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
18k? Whaler, I know you post a lot, but I am not sure if you are a UConn fan.? Let's make a deal - in BY tracking history- if only 18k show up for Maine you will not post for 2 weeks. If more than 18k show up then uou can postt.

pw: From my perspective you are a tool 18K ha. So buzz off.

Clearly you've never been to a Thursday night opener. If you can get the gate scanned number I'd be glad to wager you. The announced number will include the thousands of tickets they have printed and given away.

pw: I've been to every home game but one since 1999 so g f y

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want to believe louisville is equivalent to, say, the University of Michigan, no one will waste his time trying to convince you otherwise. By your logic, you'd prefer a degree from louisville over harvard because louisville makes a boatload more tv money. ludicrous.

Good lord. This is a board about sports. Do you want to be Williams or Trinity?

Reaction Score
Good lord. This is a board about sports. Do you want to be Williams or Trinity?
Good Lord. This is a board about conference realignment. If you don't want to discuss universities, why are you here?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good Lord. This is a board about conference realignment. If you don't want to discuss universities, why are you here?

You do get that the reason we care about conference realignment is sports right?

You win: I give up.

You guys can have your attendance fantasies. You can wrap yourselves in your degrees years after you graduate if you can't show value.

Hopefully the Big 12 happens. Hopefully if it doesn't you enjoy the defense mechanisms.

Reaction Score
You do get that the reason we care about conference realignment is sports right?

You guys can have your attendance fantasies. You can wrap yourselves in your degrees years after you graduate if you can't show value.

Hopefully the Big 12 happens. Hopefully if it doesn't you enjoy the defense mechanisms.

If only 18k show up then yes we should be playing the Cardinals and Bantams,. Wow you say that you being at almost every UConn fb game, if only 18k show up then that's the conference we belong in.

But you are soooooooooooooo wrong in stating 18k. It compromises all of your posts. So have a rethink.. You are on the record, right now, as saying only 18k show up for the Maine game.

Christ, I went to camp Trin Trin and we would have 5k+ versus the Cardinals almost every year.

i

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I know you are just as pissed off as everyone else. Yes, we talk about CR because of sports. But when we have been passed over for the likes of louisville and rutgers, then you know sports is only a part of it. e f f ing rutgers for crying out loud, and an e f f ing glorified community college. there is some freaking dignity in believing, knowing you are better than that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If only 18k show up then yes we should be playing the Cardinals and Bantams,. Wow you say that you being at almost every UConn fb game, if only 18k show up then that's the conference we belong in.

But you are soooooooooooooo wrong in stating 18k. It compromises all of your posts. So have a rethink.. You are on the record, right now, as saying only 18k show up for the Maine game.

Christ, I went to camp Trin Trin and we would have 5k+ versus the Cardinals almost every year.

i

I can't believe I'm responding to this nonsense.... you are the kind of person who believes announced attendance so it isn't worth discussing.

Reaction Score

Suck it Louisville.
You're just so unpleasant.

Nothing we say here will have an effect on conference realignment. So why can't people here make a few jokes without you constantly being a wet blanket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom