AP Top 25 poll week 16 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25 poll week 16

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Every time I listen to her she reminds me of watching Seinfeld- "Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah". This constant nonsensical babble while you are trying to watch the game is a disservice to women's basketball.

While I don't particularly enjoy her on WBB games, she actually is pretty good when she does men's games. She does some games during the week, and also does games for CBS/Turner during the tournament.

Reaction Score
I think IU is better than South Carolina right now.
IU’s success will depend on Scalia, who if not guarded can sink 6-8 threes. No one else has anybody like that coming off the bench. Any team has to contain MacKensie and Berger; it’s very difficult to stop three people at once, particularly since Parish and Garzon are also really excellent from the arc. IU is a total handful; six really explosive players. No one else has that; plus, they play defense and they have a fantastic coach. No one wants to play them, including SC.

Reaction Score
So...at the moment Stanford is losing to UCLA
Does that warrant us moving up to a -2- or a -3-?
Give me a break...

WBBFan1 may have been brutal in his analysis
And (I suppose) we have a gamblers chance to keep our final-4 streak alive.

But these elevated ranking and expectations that follow, strain credulity.
Enjoy the wonderful effort this outgunned squad has produced
And keep irrational optimism under control.
I have seen a lot of women’s teams this year and I have only seen two that are noticeably better than UConn. (IU and SC). Who have you seen that “strains credulity”? Asking for a friend. He would like to know why his optimism is “irrational”.

Reaction Score
While I don't particularly enjoy her on WBB games, she actually is pretty good when she does men's games. She does some games during the week, and also does games for CBS/Turner during the tournament.
If she does them differently, that is a problem. If she only blah, blah, blahs the womens' games, she obviously feels the need to do so or the powers that be tell her to do so. Either way, it is latent sexism.

Reaction Score
Yes they lost to Notre Dame and Maryland, but they were severely hampered with very recent injuries and had not had time to adjust for those injuries.

In the ND game Azzi went down with over two minutes left in the first quarter with 0 points and tried to play in the second quarter but couldn't. They were already without Dorka, while Aubrey tried to make up for no Azzi, but had her worst game of the season. In the Maryland game they had no, Azzi, Dorka, and NIKA, with less than 3 days to prepare Ines to take Nika's place was an impossible task to overcome.

On the bit about not beating any other Top 10 teams, if it hadn't been for some very bad officiating in the South Carolina game I believe that UConn would have won that game. This team is ranked in the correct spot as far as I'm concerned. If they do get Azzi back before the NCAAT, they will become one of the major favorites to win it all, and without her I still believe that they make another Final Four.
They are presently, and have been for some time the 3rd betting favorite, behind SC and Stanford, to win the NC.

Reaction Score
Every single time she's on a broadcast she puts up this graphic to tell people how to beat SC. I'm sure everybody else appreciates her suggestions but dang, she lives IN SC. You'd think she'd be happy for them.
Her son went to Clemson.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I rarely check the individual voting. I noticed that Deb Antonelli had UConn ranked at #7.
I’m sure even that was painful for her. :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't you have to actually know the rules to get on it?
Do you have to know grammar rules to get on it? Because that might be problematic.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Quick check does anyone have a running list of the team's ranked wins to date. The last I saw was 7 not sure if that was correct.

Reaction Score
Do you have to know grammar rules to get on it? Because that might be problematic.
It's hard to find any grammar at all in Blah, Blah, Blah. If she ever actually told you things like what number team and personal foul it was, how many time outs were left, what the shooting percentages were or even the score I would fall off my chair.

Reaction Score
And if we compare South Carolina's games throughout the season... they beat UCONN by only 4 points...their smallest margin of victory all season. Yes, they played into overtime against Stanford early in the season and recently against Mississippi, but their final MOV was more than 4 points.
I think of an overtime win or loss as a MOV of less than 1, when considering how strong teams are. South Carolina's games against Stanford and Ole Miss were closer than their game against Connecticut.

Reaction Score
LSU now has no wins against teams currently ranked in the top 25, yet the coaches rank them 4th, above UConn. I think I would also rank Iowa, Maryland and maybe others ahead of them. Their NET rank is certainly not close to top 4. And coaches are supposed to know best??? Maybe they just vote for teams from their conference, and then power 5.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
LSU now has no wins against teams currently ranked in the top 25, yet the coaches rank them 4th, above UConn. I think I would also rank Iowa, Maryland and maybe others ahead of them. Their NET rank is certainly not close to top 4. And coaches are supposed to know best??? Maybe they just vote for teams from their conference, and then power 5.
It's going to be like last year when Kim screamed that her seeding was all wrong with the #3 seed in the Spokane Region. Then LSU barley beat #14 seed Jackson St 83 - 77, then lost to #6 seed Ohio State 79 - 64 and this was on their home court. Most likely whoever she plays in the second round should have a chance of beating them.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yes. She said she was "efforting" to get on it.
I heard that word about a dozen times within a few weeks 4 or 5 years ago, and mercifully not since. It's even worse than "mentoring", but not as bad as "mentee".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom