AP Top 25 poll week 16 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25 poll week 16

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wonder if Ole Miss taking SCar to overtime might have been a factor.
I should have clicked to the story first :oops:

“It’s nothing against South Carolina, but the Big Ten is incredibly strong this season and Indiana has played a tougher conference schedule,” voter Mitchell Northam said. “While the Gamecocks needed OT to get by Ole Miss, the Hoosiers handily beat ranked teams in Ohio State and Michigan this past week. I wanted to reward them for that. Indiana also has five wins against top 10 teams this season, the most in the country, and hasn’t lost since Grace Berger has been healthy.”

Reaction Score
They have a necessary element to beat a team like SC. Multiple outside threats. I don't think they have the athleticism.
Mackenzie Holmes ( the center for IOWA) is having a great year for Indiana. 6'3", FG % .696, no three pointers but she is
averaging approx. 18.3 PPG. She is from Maine, my current home state. Note: Indiana vs IOWA on
Sunday 2 PM on ESPN. After that game we will know who the real deal is in the BIG 10. We already
know South Carolina is " real ". South Carolina was pushed into O.T. last night against MISS. St.

Reaction Score
Mackenzie Holmes ( the center for IOWA) is having a great year for Indiana. 6'3", FG % .696, no three pointers but she is
averaging approx. 18.3 PPG. She is from Maine, my current home state. Note: Indiana vs IOWA on
Sunday 2 PM on ESPN. After that game we will know who the real deal is in the BIG 10. We already
know South Carolina is " real ". South Carolina was pushed into O.T. last night against MISS. St.
against Miss. not Miss St. who they play next week

Reaction Score
She's the real deal and in much better shape, but not particularly athletic. If she had a consistent midrange (not even a 3-point range) she would be a bigger threat to the SC bigs. Ole Miss has the athleticism and decent shooters in most games. And SC doesn't have enough perimeter shooting consistency so teams are packing it in the paint. The thing is...doing that for 40 minutes....or more.

Reaction Score
Question for the Boneyard:
If South Carolina lost yesterday, would Indiana have jumped over them into the #1 ranking?
Keep in mind that Indiana's only loss was to Michigan State (13-13) in December while Ole Miss (20-7) is a #8 seed in the tournament.
Do late season losses seem to have a greater impact on the rankings?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If South Carolina lost yesterday, would Indiana have jumped over them into the #1 ranking?
Keep in mind that Indiana's only loss was to Michigan State (13-13) in December while Ole Miss (20-7) is a #8 seed in the tournament.
First of all with just seconds left on the clock the Ole Miss player was dribbling and fell to the floor. Either she was tripped of bumped by Boston and no call. I do think IU deserved the number 1 ranking if SC lost but Im not sure if the pollsters would've given it to them .

Reaction Score
She's the real deal and in much better shape, but not particularly athletic. If she had a consistent midrange (not even a 3-point range) she would be a bigger threat to the SC bigs. Ole Miss has the athleticism and decent shooters in most games. And SC doesn't have enough perimeter shooting consistency so teams are packing it in the paint. The thing is...doing that for 40 minutes....or more.
If she can defend Boston she won't need to even score for Indiana to do well.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I rarely check the individual voting. I noticed that Deb Antonelli had UConn ranked at #7.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

or NOT....

Reaction Score
If she can defend Boston she won't need to even score for Indiana to do well.
That's a tall task, but then there's Cardoso. Indiana can't guard both of them. You could draw one out on defense, but even then...they block a lot of shots. Not saying they can't beat SC, but they would need to shoot lights out, play zone I suppose and try and keep rebounding to single digits. Pushing tempo might help since SC bigs haven't played a ton of minutes. Lately, they have played more.

Reaction Score
Indianas only loss came without Berger so I wouldn’t hold it against them.

Also Ole Miss is only an 8 seed in Cremes bracket where he severely overrates the SEC. If the make the tournament they won’t be an 8 seed.

Reaction Score
First of all with just seconds left on the clock the Ole Miss player was dribbling and fell to the floor. Either she was tripped of bumped by Boston and no call. I do think IU deserved the number 1 ranking if SC lost but Im not sure if the pollsters would've given it to them .
Saw that; she tried to make an uber quick move around Boston's hip and got ahead of her skis - no obvious foul. The Ole Miss coach was just playing for a tie and likely would have lost in ovt anyway. I think with a little different coaching strategy, they might have won that thing - pretty nice team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom