AP rankings 1/29 | The Boneyard

AP rankings 1/29

Reaction Score
Only 31 ballots cast this week in the Coaches Poll instead of the usual 32. Looks like someone who voted for us last week didn't submit a ballot as we have one fewer 1st place vote this week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Parrish is still holding onto his "resume" argument. He may as well not even watch the games with that approach.
Correction.....Gary Parrish doesn't vote in the AP....interesting though that Chris Murray has us 3rd

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Parrish is still holding onto his "resume" argument. He may as well not even watch the games with that approach.
I think we have the better resume. We have best win and they have the worst loss. Do they have a Q1 road win yet?

Reaction Score
Top 5 feels right

Houston gained a #1 vote from last week. Weird

Wisconsin up 7 spots and Duke/Marquette up 5, but seems to be more of everybody else losing instead of them having huge wins

Iowa St up 11 spots, good for them

Creighton back into the top 15!

Is New Mexico legit? I’ll have to check them out

Memphis out, and out far. They’re 3rd out but they got 48 votes while #25 has 215

Reaction Score
Duke moves up 5 spots with a 1 point win at home win. I am just going from the eyeball test, but that is not a top 10 team, but it seems to be a pretty even field in the 5-15 ranking range and the ranking just depends on who loses during the week. There is huge separation between the top 4 (UConn, Purdue, Houston, UNC) and the rest of the field.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I got into an argument with another teacher in the lounge today because he said we were overrated and were gonna lose to SJ on Saturday. When he said "overrated" I lost it and obliterated him then he left the room. Everybody else was laughing.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Duke moves up 5 spots with a 1 point win at home win. I am just going from the eyeball test, but that is not a top 10 team, but it seems to be a pretty even field in the 5-15 ranking range and the ranking just depends on who loses during the week. There is huge separation between the top 4 (UConn, Purdue, Houston, UNC) and the rest of the field.

Wait…I didn’t even look, you’re telling me Duke moved up 5 spots?

They look … not good. Should have definitely lost to Clemson.

Reaction Score
I got into an argument with another teacher in the lounge today because he said we were overrated and were gonna lose to SJ on Saturday. When he said "overrated" I lost it and obliterated him then he left the room. Everybody else was laughing.
That guy is an idiot. Send him a link to the Xavier game.

Reaction Score
Correction.....Gary Parrish doesn't vote in the AP....interesting though that Chris Murray has us 3rd
He did the same thing with Michigan in football all year long. He kept blaming their schedule instead of watching the games. Hope it turns out as well for us as it did for Michigan.

Reaction Score
Wait…I didn’t even look, you’re telling me Duke moved up 5 spots?

They look … not good. Should have definitely lost to Clemson.
The problem is everyone else has worse losses. Kentucky, Arizona, etc.

Really only Marquette has a justification to be ahead of them.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We have to beat Providence at home and SJU in the Mecca this week to hold onto #1.
Plus, winning those games is another 'hurdle' for the team sway the, "I'm just not convinced" crowd.

Xavier could have been a fluke.
Xavier has key guys out.
Xavier isn't that good.

Only played one game last week. They could have lost a second one.

Let's see how they do against the Providence that beat Ed Cooley at home last Saturday.

Pitino, Pitino, Pitino.

Ross didn't make a 3.
Karaban shot under 50%.
Outrebounded on the offensive glass

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member