AP rankings 1/29 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP rankings 1/29

Reaction Score
Doom going up 5 is crazy, they shouldnt have survived Clemson. Now I disliked St. John’s before Pitino, always have. Their fans are obnoxious. He’s made inflammatory comments and is trying to create a rivalry, a hostile environment. Clingan didn’t play in game one but Johnson had 16 points in his best outing. I want us to beat them, and send Pitino skulking home.

Reaction Score
I don't know how you guys watch CBB and see how all these teams lose on the road, have bad losses sprinkled on their schedule, and see the lack of separation in talent levels and argue over teams ranked past the top 8/9 or so. Alot of these teams are basically the same.
They don't. At least not with a reasonable lens.

Reaction Score
Doom going up 5 is crazy, they shouldnt have survived Clemson. Now I disliked St. John’s before Pitino, always have. Their fans are obnoxious. He’s made inflammatory comments and is trying to create a rivalry, a hostile environment. Clingan didn’t play in game one but Johnson had 16 points in his best outing. I want us to beat them, and send Pitino skulking home.
I want to beat every team we play.

I want especially to beat every team we play that has a winning record against us. In the Big East that's:

1. Villanova (35-38)
2. St. John's (32-36)
3. Creighton (2-6)

We are tied with Marquette (8-8) and have a one game lead on Xavier (5-4) and Georgetown (37-36).

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

I want especially to beat every team we play that has a winning record against us. In the Big East that's:

1. Villanova (35-38)
2. St. John's (32-36)
3. Creighton (2-6)

We are tied with Marquette (8-8) and have a one game lead on Xavier (5-4) and Georgetown (37-36).
I can live with the records against the old school Big East teams. We'll turn those records right side up soon. It's Cretin (and Marquette to a lesser extent) that drive me crazy.

Reaction Score
I can live with the records against the old school Big East teams. We'll turn those records right side up soon. It's Cretin (and Marquette to a lesser extent) that drive me crazy.
We had caught Villanova, but then they beat us 5 straight.

We've been steadily gaining on St. John's, but were very far behind them.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
That’s crazy it’s been so long since they have been good. I wonder if we won any games against St Johns during the first 5 or 6 Big East seasons. So I checked. We split in season first year then they won 18 games in a row. Did not beat them from 81 to 89 seasons. They won 19 of the first 20 big east games we played against them.

Reaction Score
That’s crazy it’s been so long since they have been good. I wonder if we won any games against St Johns during the first 5 or 6 Big East seasons. So I checked. We split in season first year then they won 18 games in a row. Did not beat them from 81 to 89 seasons. They won 19 of the first 20 big east games we played against them.
Also, UConn never won on St. John's home court whether it was Alumni Court or MSG until 1994 when Donyell Marshall hit 20 for 20 on FTs.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't care too much about the all time records either. I know how awful UConn was before the 1990 Dream Season sans the 1988 NIT team. The Dom Perno years were regrettable and forgettable for the most part as well as Calhoun's first 2 years where he had the gargantuan task of getting UConn out of a canyon sized ditch.

Having said that, I hated UConn being 0-5 all time vs. Cretin in the first 2 seasons. Now that they have beaten them twice handily in Gampel and almost beat them in Omaha (should've IMO) I feel a lot better. I would like them to sweep Cretin this year.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Not sure where to post this but watching Houston vs Texas. Houston’s defense is the real deal. This looks like it could be a good game. On track for a game in the 50’s for both teams. So it could stay close. Let’s go Texas!

Reaction Score
Also, UConn never won on St. John's home court whether it was Alumni Court or MSG until 1994 when Donyell Marshall hit 20 for 20 on FTs.
Yeah, saying "Donyell" and "free throw" in the same sentence is bad form. Doesn't matter the context. Way too triggering.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
....and ESPN's spin machine in full gear
They have to have at least one article a day that's not about Bronny.

Reaction Score
Yeah, saying "Donyell" and "free throw" in the same sentence is bad form. Doesn't matter the context. Way too triggering.
It is too triggering. I am hanging my head in shame. Please forgive me BoneYard.

I still remember going to the East Hartford Racquet Club for my Saturday morning tennis lessons after that Florida game ended on Friday night. The entire club was talking about it.

Reaction Score
Not sure where to post this but watching Houston vs Texas. Houston’s defense is the real deal. This looks like it could be a good game. On track for a game in the 50’s for both teams. So it could stay close. Let’s go Texas!
I have a lot of respect for Houston. Kelvin Sampson always has those boys playing well year after year. He has built a very good program down there in Houston.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have a lot of respect for Houston. Kelvin Sampson always has those boys playing well year after year. He has built a very good program down there in Houston.
What I saw last night left me thinking that Houston has done an admirable job of jumping from the AAC to the Big 12, and that the, "But they haven't played anybody" criticism of their OOC schedule is fading.

Reaction Score

1. Villanova (35-38)
2. St. John's (32-36)
3. Creighton (2-6)

33-36 v. St. John's.

Catching up...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom