Anybody going to the Rutgers game? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anybody going to the Rutgers game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RU has no athletic achievement. Apart from inventing the sport of football, we've done nothing! That much I can admit. And with that, we are terrible at everything and you clearly are better at everything else, including football. So you're right. You can stare at your MBB and WBB clippings all you want. The fact still remains that the lot if you lean to the rear, mostly, basketball and not football. That is your main focus and it always will be. As you've said before, football drives the bus. Yet you bring up your bb credentials, and it still has gotten you no where.

I've been to a BCS game and a Final Four. Have you? I've seen my basketball team beat no. 1-ranked teams in the country, and watched two different RBs earn All American status over a three-year span. Have you?

By telling me that football drives the bus, it sounds like you're bragging that you've done something in football. So, what have you done?

Note that I haven't even broached subjects like women's basketball, or men's soccer, or women's soccer, or field hockey, or baseball.

Rutgers trolls can be annoying, but the fact that Rutgers even HAS trolls is downright astounding.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Cool little fact of the day:

Rutgers has 400% more wins this year than UCONN.

:)

And 100% less National Championship trophies all of the other years.

I'm guessing you'll consider that a tie.

mike_sorrentino-1.jpg

Reaction Score
No, sport, population is the only issue.

You seem to be a decent fellow, but you can't lay out a case for Rutgers' athletics.

Marginal football, vanilla Olympic sports and mindf---ingly bad basketball.

Do you have any idea how amazing it is that the entire crowd at a Rutgers' hoop game could fit in a 747 and there'd be about 100 empty seats? Do you know how insane that is?

Not sure about our basketball since I literally have zero interest in the sport. Even if we were no1 in the country I probably wouldn't watch it....I just dislike the sport.

I actually proposed that RU cancel every single sport but football but that didn't go over well on the RU board.

Reaction Score
here is a question that none of you have answered and it's a serious one.....

Why do all you guys keep mentioning every other sport besides football? I posted this on the football board about going to a football game and tailgating at a football game. I have zero interest in any other sport out there whether it's ping pong, synchronized swimming or basketball.

Why do you guys keep bringing up basketball?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Why do all you guys keep mentioning every other sport besides football? I posted this on the football board about going to a football game and tailgating at a football game. I have zero interest in any other sport out there whether it's ping pong, synchronized swimming or basketball.

Why the would you keep bringing up rutgirls football?

Reaction Score
Why the would you keep bringing up rutgirls football?

Did you not notice that it's Rutgers week? I'll probably be here until Sunday or until I get banned for whatever reason before then.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Did you not notice that it's Rutgers week? I'll probably be here until Sunday or until I get banned for whatever reason before then.

So your only reason for talking rutgirls football is that it's rutgirls week on The Boneyard?

Password accepted.

Reaction Score
So your only reason for talking rutgirls football is that it's rutgirls week on The Boneyard?

Password accepted.

Pretty much. I don't generally go on other teams' forums but the fact that I live in CT makes it pretty sweet. It's always nice to talk ish to my friend uconn fans when they lose a game.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Here's a better question...why aren't you going to a power conference?

We ARE a power conference.

We're in the AAC, winning championships and pumping 100's of millions into academics and athletics.

You'll be in the B1G and can't get the payout quick enough to stay afloat.

I like our past, present and future compared to yours.

Reaction Score
Because all they talk about is basketball and why they should have been chosen because they forgot to play football.

Reaction Score
Of course you'd say this. It's the only thing you have left to say.

We ARE a power conference.

We're in the AAC, winning championships and pumping 100's of millions into academics and athletics.

You'll be in the B1G and can't get the payout quick enough to stay afloat.

I like our past, present and future compared to yours.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Because all they talk about is basketball and why they should have been chosen because they forgot to play football.

How have we forgotten to play football when we have 2 Big East Championships and a BCS Bowl appearance?

Kinda makes you think what your college forgot, no?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Of course you'd say this. It's the only thing you have left to say.

Haha! Double talk Johnny! You're right, all we have left to say at UCONN is that we win championships.

Happy Compressed Turkey Day, Tiger!

breakfast-0575.jpg

Reaction Score
Coach Flood said:

Let me try to break this down for you easy.

Big East championships:
Rutgers - 1
Uconn - 2

BCS appearances
Rutgers - 0
Uconn - 1

the reason basketball is brought up is because you refuse to acknowledge these numbers and basketball further strengthens Uconn's argument that our athletic department's accomplishments, including football, puts Rutgers to shame

Reaction Score
You did. How else can you explain 1-whatever?
How have we forgotten to play football when we have 2 Big East Championships and a BCS Bowl appearance?

Kinda makes you think what your college forgot, no?

Reaction Score
And you are still stuck!
Let me try to break this down for you easy.

Big East championships:
Rutgers - 1
Uconn - 2

BCS appearances
Rutgers - 0
Uconn - 1

the reason basketball is brought up is because you refuse to acknowledge these numbers and basketball further strengthens Uconn's argument that our athletic department's accomplishments, including football, puts Rutgers to shame

Reaction Score
RU has no athletic achievement. Apart from inventing the sport of football, we've done nothing! That much I can admit. And with that, we are terrible at everything and you clearly are better at everything else, including football. So you're right. You can stare at your MBB and WBB clippings all you want. The fact still remains that the lot if you lean to the rear, mostly, basketball and not football. That is your main focus and it always will be. As you've said before, football drives the bus. Yet you bring up your bb credentials, and it still has gotten you no where.
RU didn't invent football. 100% myth. Must be nice to be living a lie for all these years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quick question for our delightful Rutgers fans.

Why is there absolutely no energy around your program after the Big 10 invite?

It's hard to believe how dead Rutgers is after getting thrown a life raft.

Your football team is terrible. Your basketball team is an embarrassment.

What's your excuse? Is someone posting under the name Coach Flood going to blame Coach Flood?

Reaction Score
Ahhh. you gotta be a premium member for that.
Quick question for our delightful Rutgers fans.

Why is there absolutely no energy around your program after the Big 10 invite?

It's hard to believe how dead Rutgers is after getting thrown a life raft.

Your football team is terrible. Your basketball team is an embarrassment.

What's your excuse? Is someone posting under the name Coach Flood going to blame Coach Flood?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ahhh. you gotta be a premium member for that.
And this is why RU fans on this board are a waste. Look, we're all in recognition that you are on the out and lucky to be doing that. UConn fans are insanely jealous because we're stuck here. But instead of being absolute idiots, why don't you please answer the question that's been posed to all of you folks multiple times, by different posters....

Besides being in a massive DMA and great recruiting location, why was RU chosen to be in the B1G?

This is a serious question that I'd love to hear a response to. After reading this thread I haven't seen a reason posted once. Don't waste your time responding with some garbage like "UConn has won all these championships and look where it got them". That doesn't answer the question. I already have a feeling I know the reason why you are all avoiding the question like the plague but please, any of you RU fans, feel free to answer the above question.

Reaction Score
Too many things to list so here are a few articles to get you started. The truth of the matter is if UCONN was so sexy it would have been scooped up a long time ago by some conference. There is a reason why you don't have a big date to the prom....you think you're hotter than you really are. All the hot girls got scooped up fast! As a business man, do you bring in a product based solely on historical performance or do you bring in a product that has a GREAT future potential? Look at our attendance each year, it's been rising nonstop.....how about yours?

Have you been to an RU game recently? You see the atmosphere and the attendance? RU has the most ridiculous potential out of any teams doing the conference reshuffling. Stadium will be packed to the brim going forward. Recruits will come. The sleeping giant is finally waking up. UCONN on the other hand....small high school stadium, poor attendance and terrible recruiting grounds. There is nothing to be gained from your addition to the B1G. Bro, let me be honest and say this again....if you added value you would have been scooped up a LONG LONG LONG time ago. Even the ACC isn't taking you. It's all about the money and uconn "aint" bringing "nothin" to the table when it comes to football. Basketball YES, Football NO. Football drives bus.

How is your AAU membership by the way? Do you travel as well as RU does? I don't think so.

Here is a short clip of last year's game AT TEMPLE. What chant do you hear on TV at OUR AWAY GAME? It's called a fan base.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...why-rutgers-and-maryland-would-be-perfect-fit

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-belong-in-the-big-ten-and-who-really-doesnt

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...opular-in-new-york-city-market/1#.UpdMRJX8vFs

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/112012aaf.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc