Anybody going to the Rutgers game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anybody going to the Rutgers game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
How did your trophies work out for you?

God I can't stand RU fans. No matter what the statement, their retort is "we won the lottery."

The World: your academic ranking has been steadily dropping.
Rutgers Fan: but we won the lottery.
The World: yeah, but state support for the university is dwindling, how are you going to right the ship?
Rutgers Fan: who cares, didn't you see that Wisconsin is playing football in our stadium. And Michigan?
The World: that sounds like it will be fun, but what basis do you have for thinking you will ever win in the B1G?
Rutgers Fan: well, I don't know if you heard, but there are a lot of people in New Jersey.
The World: no doubt, but that has never helped you win anything before, ever.
Rutgers Fan: it is different now.
The World: why?
Rutgers Fan: because we won the lottery, I think our luck is finally turning.
The World: despite the ineptitude shown by both AD's and you President at every turn?
Rutgers Fan: LOTTERY damn it, lottery. We Won the LOTTERY. So We Win. We win without winning, and what a sweet win it is.

Rutgers Fan (secretly, talking to himself): But I do wonder what it would feel like to win on the field. Maybe I'll take a stroll over to the boneyard to see if I can find out what winning looks like?

Rutgers Fan: Boneyard, what's up, did you hear we won the lottery?! We sent a lot of people to Arkansas once too, that's like a win. Hey, are you guys going to be lame on Saturday cuz you are 1-9? At Rutgers we would just record that as 1-0 since we don't count losses, and we would totally pack the place. Just totally sold out, like, it has been that way since we invented football. And, oh yea, we are totally going to win Saturday. But if we don't win that is because we wanted to lose cuz we want our coach to be fired. So either way, we win. We always win, either way. Hey, did you hear we won the lottery? If you don't believe me I can have some of my friends come over and post a picture of our schedule next year. It's cool, it's black. Hey guys, another thing, did you know that soccer is stupid, and basketball? I think we were good at women's basketball for a year, that year women's bball was totally hot, but I wonder what happened to it since? Competing is pretty stupid to0. OK, well, we are going to totally pack your place on Saturday, but if we don't its cuz we didn't want to. Hey, just before I go, did you hear about the recent lottery? We won it.

Reaction Score
God I can't stand RU fans. No matter what the statement, their retort is "we won the lottery."

The World: your academic ranking has been steadily dropping.
Rutgers Fan: but we won the lottery.
The World: yeah, but state support for the university is dwindling, how are you going to right the ship?
Rutgers Fan: who cares, didn't you see that Wisconsin is playing football in our stadium. And Michigan?
The World: that sounds like it will be fun, but what basis do you have for thinking you will ever win in the B1G?
Rutgers Fan: well, I don't know if you heard, but there are a lot of people in New Jersey.
The World: no doubt, but that has never helped you win anything before, ever.
Rutgers Fan: it is different now.
The World: why?
Rutgers Fan: because we won the lottery, I think our luck is finally turning.
The World: despite the ineptitude shown by both AD's and you President at every turn?
Rutgers Fan: LOTTERY damn it, lottery. We Won the LOTTERY. So We Win. We win without winning, and what a sweet win it is.

Rutgers Fan (secretly, talking to himself): But I do wonder what it would feel like to win on the field. Maybe I'll take a stroll over to the boneyard to see if I can find out what winning looks like?

Rutgers Fan: Boneyard, what's up, did you hear we won the lottery?! We sent a lot of people to Arkansas once too, that's like a win. Hey, are you guys going to be lame on Saturday cuz you are 1-9? At Rutgers we would just record that as 1-0 since we don't count losses, and we would totally pack the place. Just totally sold out, like, it has been that way since we invented football. And, oh yea, we are totally going to win Saturday. But if we don't win that is because we wanted to lose cuz we want our coach to be fired. So either way, we win. We always win, either way. Hey, did you hear we won the lottery? If you don't believe me I can have some of my friends come over and post a picture of our schedule next year. It's cool, it's black. Hey guys, another thing, did you know that soccer is stupid, and basketball? I think we were good at women's basketball for a year, that year women's bball was totally hot, but I wonder what happened to it since? Competing is pretty stupid to0. OK, well, we are going to totally pack your place on Saturday, but if we don't its cuz we didn't want to. Hey, just before I go, did you hear about the recent lottery? We won it.

I don't think you guys understand the impact that the BigTen will have on this program, but whatever keep polishing those trophies of yours.

I am extremely surprised that you have not found a P5 conference yet being such an elite athletic program. Syracuse, Pitt and now Rutgers all were scooped up but UCONN remains....why? (I am sure in your mind you are better than all 3 schools I've just mentioned).

Don't you guys just love Rutgers week?

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I don't think you guys understand the impact that the BigTen will have on this program, but whatever keep polishing those trophies of yours.

I am extremely surprised that you have not found a P5 conference yet being such an elite athletic program. Syracuse, Pitt and now Rutgers all were scooped up but UCONN remains....why? (I am sure in your mind you are better than all 3 schools I've just mentioned).

We do understand. It will be like the 2000's, 1990's, 1980's, 1970's, 1960's, 1950's, 1940's, 1930's, 1920's, 1910's, 1900's, 1890's, 1880's, 1870's all over again - no championships.

Reaction Score
Your attendance has been dropping each year so why would there be a need for stadium expansion?

And to rebuttal your last sentence....no, the championship from 1869 is not all we have. We also have one of these:

2012-rutgers-big-ten-B1G-billboards.jpg
That "championship" from 1869 is revisionist history by Princeton to get an upper hand on Yale for total championship count. So...what did Rutgers actually win a championship in? Fencing in 1949?

Reaction Score
We just won another in field hockey. Have you heard about it?

We now have 17 national championships. Rutgers has .5. In fencing.

Don't worry, we're headed to the ACC or B1G in a matter of time. Inevitable.

Reaction Score
We just won another in field hockey. Have you heard about it?

We now have 17 national championships. Rutgers has .5. In fencing.

Don't worry, we're headed to the ACC or B1G in a matter of time. Inevitable.

You can have all the championships in ping pong and synchronized swimming. I could care less if these sports are cut...as a matter of fact, I hope RU cuts everything besides football.

Crazy how RU football only lost 10 games vs the elite Huskies (ps. this is the only sport that matters to me).

Rutgers is (22-10) against Connecticut

http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/rut/ct.shtml

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
You can have all the championships in ping pong and synchronized swimming. I could care less if these sports are cut...as a matter of fact, I hope RU cuts everything besides football.

Crazy how RU football only lost 10 games vs the elite Huskies (ps. this is the only sport that matters to me).

Me too if only because Rutgers has shown us they may have the only athletic department that is not aware of Title IX.

Reaction Score

5 losses to UConn when we were D1-AA, College Division and whatever else that came before.

Have to laugh at Rutgers' history.

Reaction Score
No way and I'm not trying to bluff here. I was genuinely looking around for uconn fans last year and did not see any. I don't recall if there was something else going on that weekend but I was very surprised being the proximity.

Got to about 8:20 in this video...look how many RU brought to Arkansas (yes I was there).

You went to Arkansas? You got all those inoculations?

Reaction Score

Hey, a couple of threads earlier, I asked you what Rutgers's biggest athletic achievement was. Have you come up with one?

I'll help you out. In my house, March 29 is a holiday, and if you have to ask why, don't bother. In the room where I'm typing, there are six autographed UConn articles within eyesight, three from national championships in basketball (one of which I haven't gotten around to hanging up yet because it seems like it was just yesterday), and two from Big East championships in football.

On this very desk, there are two pieces of wood from national title games which, as you must know, we won -- because, as you should know, those are games that my alma mater doesn't lose.

I'll ask again: what's Rutgers's biggest athletic achievement to date? Personally, I can't answer the question for UConn because it's a pretty tough choice, but you must have something that makes you proud, right?

Reaction Score
I'll ask again: what's Rutgers's biggest athletic achievement to date? Personally, I can't answer the question for UConn because it's a pretty tough choice, but you must have something that makes you proud, right?
They got invited into the B1G. And set themselves up to experience the wrath of other fan bases for being so lousy.

Reaction Score
RU has no athletic achievement. Apart from inventing the sport of football, we've done nothing! That much I can admit. And with that, we are terrible at everything and you clearly are better at everything else, including football. So you're right. You can stare at your MBB and WBB clippings all you want. The fact still remains that the lot if you lean to the rear, mostly, basketball and not football. That is your main focus and it always will be. As you've said before, football drives the bus. Yet you bring up your bb credentials, and it still has gotten you no where.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
RU has no athletic achievement. Apart from inventing the sport of football, we've done nothing! That much I can admit. And with that, we are terrible at everything and you clearly are better at everything else, including football. So you're right. You can stare at your MBB and WBB clippings all you want. The fact still remains that the lot if you lean to the rear, mostly, basketball and not football. That is your main focus and it always will be. As you've said before, football drives the bus. Yet you bring up your bb credentials, and it still has gotten you no where.

Here's the rub - you flat suck at football. If football is what Rutgers has been focusing on at the expense of, you know, every other sport....Jesus, it hasn't worked. When in doubt, fall back to your strength, (e.g. UConn and hoop), but you can't fall back on anything.

Nothing.

You're Rutgers. You're a punchline to a thousand jokes and you're writing new ones daily.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Our BB credentials have brought us so many National Championship rings that you need two people to wear them.

Yes, rutgirls geographically backed into a B1G invite. But your football program is driving a very short bus:

seatsfix.jpg

In the very near future UCONN will find a home in a power conference. For the love of me I pray it's the B1G so we can continue to play rutgirls in every collegiate sport there is.

TheRENT.jpg

Reaction Score
Our BB credentials have brought us so many National Championship rings that you need two people to wear them.

Yes, rutgirls geographically backed into a B1G invite. But your football program is driving a very short bus:

seatsfix.jpg

In the very near future UCONN will find a home in a power conference. For the love of me I pray it's the B1G so we can continue to play rutgirls in every collegiate sport there is.

Not sure what point you're trying to make with the random RU football pic. It looks more like this:

ru-uc9709.jpg

Reaction Score
Here's the rub - you flat suck at football. If football is what Rutgers has been focusing on at the expense of, you know, every other sport....Jesus, it hasn't worked. When in doubt, fall back to your strength, (e.g. UConn and hoop), but you can't fall back on anything.

Nothing.

You're Rutgers. You're a punchline to a thousand jokes and you're writing new ones daily.

But somehow, fishy, we still got the invite. Geography can't be the only credential because if that was the case then the BigTen should have taken Fordham which is int he middle of NYC.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not sure what point you're trying to make with the random RU football pic. It looks more like this:

ru-uc9709.jpg

As usual, it seems your football team didn't show up on the field for a big game. Great pic! Thanks.

Reaction Score
Again...you're right; we did back into the B1G, but the bottom line is we're in. Yes we do suck at football, as you say...but what does that make you? Bottom line its sour grapes. Deal with it and have some fun.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Again...you're right; we did back into the B1G, but the bottom line is we're in. Yes we do suck at football, as you say...but what does that make you? Bottom line its sour grapes. Deal with it and have some fun.

I can't blame you for not knowing this but champagne's not sour.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
But somehow, fishy, we still got the invite. Geography can't be the only credential because if that was the case then the BigTen should have taken Fordham which is int he middle of NYC.
Look, I get that you're pumping your school b/c you're a RU fan and we're UConn fans doing the same but you can't honestly be that dense to think you asked a serious question with this Fordham . There is no other reason than the fact that Rutgers is in a MASSIVE DMA for them getting into the B1G. When you can find one I'm sure we'd all like to hear what it might be. Please enlighten.....

Reaction Score
As far as traveling to a Rutgers-UConn game, we are at a disadvantage. We have to travel to New Jersey. You guys get to come to Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Cool little fact of the day:

Rutgers has 400% more wins this year than UCONN.

:)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

No, sport, population is the only issue.

You seem to be a decent fellow, but you can't lay out a case for Rutgers' athletics.

Marginal football, vanilla Olympic sports and mindf---ingly bad basketball.

Do you have any idea how amazing it is that the entire crowd at a Rutgers' hoop game could fit in a 747 and there'd be about 100 empty seats? Do you know how insane that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom