Anybody catch the end of Louisville UVA? | The Boneyard

Anybody catch the end of Louisville UVA?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Louisville up 4 with .9 seconds remaining and lost, in regulation. Took real work to piss that one away.

Made our Tulsa choke job look like peanuts.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Have a look at this. lol

DXQLCdLVQAESfvA.jpg

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We did this at Miami in the 90's, something very similar to this

Up two scores, just a few seconds left, they go the distance and score and then steal the inbounds pass while standing beyond the three point line and make a three and walk off

Reaction Score
Padgett should’ve called a timeout to make sure the inbounds passer knew that he couldn’t run the baseline and to just throw the ball down the court, someone touches the ball the game is over.

That was one of the dumbest mistakes I’ve ever seen, ever....

Reaction Score

Up two scores, just a few seconds left, they go the distance and score and then steal the inbounds pass while standing beyond the three point line and make a three and walk off
Darius Rice. He killed us the whole game and then nailed the 3 at the end. Still remember that one.

Reaction Score
We all know how this story ends. Virginia out by round of 32? Or Sweet 16 at most. Biggest regular season team I've ever seen other than Purdue and maybe Arizona.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
For the record, it's not a "travel."

Reaction Score

Shamon Tooles

Reaction Score
Shamon had the bad pass, but the matador defense to allow the really quick two before the three by Darius (?) Rice didn't help.

Of course the "sarcastic clapping" game had a 6 point lead turn to a 1 point deficit on one trip down the floor, except the point guard bailed the team out.

Reaction Score
Couldn't happen to a better group. Louisville, Pitt, Syc, Wv and last but not least(but always last) Rutgers, may a pox be on your house.

the Q

Reaction Score
Shamon had the bad pass, but the matador defense to allow the really quick two before the three by Darius (?) Rice didn't help.

Of course the "sarcastic clapping" game had a 6 point lead turn to a 1 point deficit on one trip down the floor, except the point guard bailed the team out.

It’s also dumb the clock stops in the 2nd half and not the first.

Reaction Score

Thanks. Thanks a lot. One of the most painful regular season losses as a Uconn fan, at least from 1990 on. Thanks a lot for reminding me of something I thought I had cleaned from my memory.

It was this game:
UConn vs. Miami - Game Recap - January 20, 2003 - ESPN
Miami was just 7-7 before the game too, not even a good team.

Just two games prior Uconn had won in OT vs Miami.

Uconn lost a number of baffling games that year including losses to subpar Nova and a poor Providence team+ a bad Vtech team and got smoked by, of all teams, BC by 24 (but got their revenge in a 37 point smack down later on). That was also the year they overcame a 34-9 deficit, AT THE HALF and won 59-48 vs Umass (wow, a 50-14 second half!) But in the end, as a 5 seed, gave 1 seed Texas a run for their money losing by 4.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
Thanks. Thanks a lot. One of the most painful regular season losses as a Uconn fan, at least from 1990 on. Thanks a lot for reminding me of something I thought I had cleaned from my memory.

It was this game:

Uconn lost a number of baffling games that year including losses to subpar Nova and a poor Providence team+ a bad Vtech team and got smoked by, of all teams, BC by 24 (but got their revenge in a 37 point smack down later on). That was also the year they overcame a 34-9 deficit, AT THE HALF and won 59-48 vs Umass (wow, a 50-14 second half!) But in the end, as a 5 seed, gave 1 seed Texas a run for their money losing by 4.

Bad loss to unc before that Miami game too.

Reaction Score
hat was also the year they overcame a 34-9 deficit, AT THE HALF and won 59-48 vs Umass (wow, a 50-14 second half!)

22-0 nothing run in the 2nd half was awesome. Anderson bombing away from 3....classic

Reaction Score

It was this game:

Classic JC team that came together at the right time.

Wish we saw that kind of player and team development these days.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Classic JC team that came together at the right time.

Wish we saw that kind of player and team development these days.

JC-esque levels of player and team development are certainly right around the corner...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
JC-esque levels of player and team development are certainly right around the corner...

Seriously. Last time.

Stop this endless sloppy tantrum.

Don’t answer, don’t explain, don’t protest - I do not care and it won’t help.

One more freaking time and you’ll enjoy read-only access for a while.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Padgett should’ve called a timeout to make sure the inbounds passer knew that he couldn’t run the baseline and to just throw the ball down the court, someone touches the ball the game is over.
That was one of the dumbest mistakes I’ve ever seen, ever....

People at the game said the ref told the kid he couldn't run the baseline and the kid acknowledged. I think he just panicked.

Reaction Score
People at the game said the ref told the kid he couldn't run the baseline and the kid acknowledged. I think he just panicked.
Very obvious in the replay that, before handing the ball to the player, the Ref motions very strongly and likely tells the kid that he could not run the baseline. This is not a ref issue.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Seriously. Last time.

Stop this endless sloppy tantrum.

Don’t answer, don’t explain, don’t protest - I do not care and it won’t help.

One more freaking time and you’ll enjoy read-only access for a while.

No, I don’t think you quite understand.

The only “endless sloppy tantrum” here is your constant spazzing out like a child in reaction to my posts.

Many posters have been repeatedly criticized with sarcasm by others who think their expectations are too low. Those posts never get called out by you or any of the other mods. There’s nothing sloppy or tantrum-like about doing the same to people whose expectations one views as too high.
If sarcastic criticism is a discipline-worthy offense, you’ve done a horrible job of applying that standard across the entire board (not just to one poster).

Many posters have been throwing continuous tantrums about this season ever since November, repeating themselves, whining, and acting like spoiled children in the process. The post I quoted is part of a tantrum that arguably dates back to when Prince Ali decomitted. None of them seem to have garnered any disciplinary action. How much time have you put into stalking Tenspro or freescooter? Has their repetitive complaining ever resulted in a threat to their ability to maintain site access?

I do nothing that isn’t mirrored on a regular basis by posters you give a pass to every time. If these kinds of behaviors are bannable offenses, then a host of other people would be going down with me if this were actually a matter of complying with community standards.

Reaction Score

Yeah was at the game in RI and that point guard was KO. Don't count him out just yet- all you "Husky fans".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom