Anybody catch the end of Louisville UVA? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anybody catch the end of Louisville UVA?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What we have here is a failure to communicate...

Reaction Score
Is it too early to bust this out yet?

IaPX7if.mp4

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Louisville up 4 with .9 seconds remaining and lost, in regulation. Took real work to piss that one away.

Made our Tulsa choke job look like peanuts.

I didn’t read the whole thread, but I think they were up 6 with 6.8 left or something.

The travel with .9 was unreal.

Reaction Score
I didn’t read the whole thread, but I think they were up 6 with 6.8 left or something.

You could literally sit down, on your hands and still win with that lead and time left...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thanks. Thanks a lot. One of the most painful regular season losses as a Uconn fan, at least from 1990 on. Thanks a lot for reminding me of something I thought I had cleaned from my memory.

It was this game:
UConn vs. Miami - Game Recap - January 20, 2003 - ESPN
Miami was just 7-7 before the game too, not even a good team.

Just two games prior Uconn had won in OT vs Miami.

Uconn lost a number of baffling games that year including losses to subpar Nova and a poor Providence team+ a bad Vtech team and got smoked by, of all teams, BC by 24 (but got their revenge in a 37 point smack down later on). That was also the year they overcame a 34-9 deficit, AT THE HALF and won 59-48 vs Umass (wow, a 50-14 second half!) But in the end, as a 5 seed, gave 1 seed Texas a run for their money losing by 4.

just reading that link and all those names brought a smile to my face

although I thought it was before 2003, I thought it was in the Marshals and Ray era

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You could literally sit down, on your hands and still win with that lead and time left...

Actually that would’ve had the game result as the violation they had while inbounding

Reaction Score

No.. it was up 4 with .9 seconds. Uva had the ball and was dribbling up court and got the 3 point shot off at .9 sec. So they actually scored 5 points in .6 seconds. There were .3 on the clock when the last shot went in.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That was the Marcus White ball getting stuck game wasn't it?

Yes, we were at that game. On the way out, some UT fans came up to us and said they were impressed by our performance and admitted if the game had lasted another minute, they would have lost it. We had all the momentum in the final few minutes of that game, after trailing by a relatively close margin for much of the second half. That Texas team made it to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
People at the game said the ref told the kid he couldn't run the baseline and the kid acknowledged. I think he just panicked.
Yes, I would’ve still called a timeout, what’s the point of saving it?

Call a timeout and tell the kid stand on the baseline and throw the ball to the opposite foul line= game over.

That was the worst decision by a player in Adel I have ever seen.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yes, I would’ve still called a timeout, what’s the point of saving it?

Call a timeout and tell the kid stand on the baseline and throw the ball to the opposite foul line= game over.

That was the worst decision by a player in Adel I have ever seen.

Freddy brown and Chris Webber say hello.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes, we were at that game. On the way out, some UT fans came up to us and said they were impressed by our performance and admitted if the game had lasted another minute, they would have lost it. We had all the momentum in the final few minutes of that game, after trailing by a relatively close margin for much of the second half. That Texas team made it to the Final Four.

We had trouble containing TJ Ford off the bounce. Were down double digits in 2nd half and Calhoun holding his nose ( because he hated it) went to 2/3 zone and we came all the way back and neutralized Ford. Jim as soon as we were back went back to man and Ford killed us at crunch time . I wish JC stick with that zone a couple more possessions. Might have been different. And the neck ball obviously.

the Q

Reaction Score
We had trouble containing TJ Ford off the bounce. Were down double digits in 2nd half and Calhoun holding his nose ( because he hated it) went to 2/3 zone and we came all the way back and neutralized Ford. Jim as soon as we were back went back to man and Ford killed us at crunch time . I wish JC stick with that zone a couple more possessions. Might have been different. And the neck ball obviously.

Gordon’s decision making was poor that game as well.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No.. it was up 4 with .9 seconds. Uva had the ball and was dribbling up court and got the 3 point shot off at .9 sec. So they actually scored 5 points in .6 seconds. There were .3 on the clock when the last shot went in.

But it was also 6 with more time left, if I’m not mistaken.

It could be both, could it not? Down 6 with 6.8 then ALSO down 4 with .9 adds to the crushing nature.

I don’t care enough to look up the play by play but I watched the end and was pretty sure that was the sequence.

Reaction Score
Padgett wanted them to foul for some reason. Just let Jerome take the 3, get out of the way, and then the game is over and you win whether or not he hits the shot. Bizarre decision.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Yes, and it didn't help that it was a virtual home game for them at the Alamodome, although ironically it may have helped us win it all the next season when the Final Four was played there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom