Any idea on time for Saturday???? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Any idea on time for Saturday????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So to my honest surprise she called me at work today said she just found out what time the game was and knows how big of a game it is so she wanted to wait to go to dinner until another day! My 30th isn't till August but don't think I'll be asking for anything this year!!

Ask for a turkey sandwich with ketchup.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I've been given the go-ahead to skip the annual charity auction for my daughter's school. Even my non basketball fan wife admits she can't deny me seeing this game. I'll be in UConn, not Jayhawk attire, of course.
Just make sure you leave some "left bids" and they will be forever grateful.
My buddy and I donated $100 of Trillium beer, plus my ticket will go unused (I'm deducting that sucker next year). Wives have instructions to buy the beer back if it doesn't go for over face value.
Very charitable on your part! What would they do with all that beer anyway. After all, its for the good of the charity.

Reaction Score
But for real, the game schedule on Saturday is awesome. So many good games.

Reaction Score
How about 2 hours then....? Good grief.

Meanwhile, my plan to go to Vegas for the tournament some day does not involve bringing my wife. Good Lord, we have to have some sense people. Hoping that by next year, if I'm not laid off, my new employment situation will mean I can take time off in March for the first time since 1996.

"Good Lord", I have plenty of "sense", thanks....my wife won this trip and it's part of our ongoing 25th anniv. celebration.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If we were getting damn snow we could have our anniversary dinner in Sunday, but no it has to snow. Fickle damn weather.

I did move dinner up to a senior citizen time of 4:15 so I can be home for the game, my wife was less then pleased, oh well.

Reaction Score
So to my honest surprise she called me at work today said she just found out what time the game was and knows how big of a game it is so she wanted to wait to go to dinner until another day! My 30th isn't till August but don't think I'll be asking for anything this year!!

Now you HAVE to skip the game! She outsmarted you.

Seriously, she sounds like a good one. You are lucky.

Reaction Score
I'm reading this thread and wondering whether I'm some sort of limited context, self-absorbed sociopath - post after post of, "I can't see it live" or "I have an obligation," or "gotta go to a dinner." Each time I'm thinking, "miss a game for that? No freaking way. Why not just tell the other people, 'UConn game on - can't make it.' ?"

Seriously. If my wife said, "we have a dinner scheduled with so-and-so," I'd respond with - "UConn Kansas - please reschedule," and that would be it. So-and-so could be anybody, with one exception. I suppose if it was Donald Trump I'd have to ask the judge for an opinion as to whether going to the dinner or watching the game would be better for the mojo.

Peace frog out.

Reaction Score
I just cancelled our double-date plans for Saturday night. Said it was because of the UConn game. Everyone understood. Just be strong.

Wow I respect your honesty. My wife doesn't even know what UConn means or the seriousness of that word. The bigger lesson is starting in January be vigilant about any March events that want to pop up on the schedule.

Say all we want about Kansas, but come March their fans know what to do. We've got to stop missing Tourneys so March (leave me alone month) is ingrained in our significant others heads.

Reaction Score
Whatever you do get her flowers, candy, movie tickets, whatever before the game and of course a sincere Thank You. Do it today or tomorrow because who knows how you will feel after the game.

She also is not stupid and knows you would be in hell throughout the evening and certainly not enjoying your 'distracted' self.

Anyways congrats we need to double date sometime and allow my wife to spend quality 'education' time with yours.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh, come on. You can't tease us like that and not specify the event. Sword Swallowing? Flemish Square Dancing? The Mojo Sandwich Making Olympics?

Mrs. Diesel did great today. She hit her numbers for squat, bench and deadlift.

355lbs on this deadlift.

And............she was done by 3:30pm.

IMG_20160319_152118.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members